Pegasus Mail Suggestions
More error tolerant addressee input (auto correction)

Since our ISP (German IONOS / 1&1) has reduced the error tolerance for email addresses to almost zero, I receive a lot of daily postmaster notifications from Mercury about delivery failures, as IONOS no longer accepts the incorrectly addressed mails and only returns an error "554 - Transaction failed".

As an example, the following is very often entered into the To: field or automatically inserted:
Doe, John < john.doe@example.com >
john.doe@example.com < john.doe@example.com >
john-paul doe < john.p.doe@example.com >

If you simply put the plain name in inverted commas, everything would go through cleanly. But users don't do that. Often it is also due to the incorrectly configured mail client of the communication partner.
What I'm getting at ... Other mail clients, such as Thunderbird, check and correct incorrect address entries automatically. Users who are connected to Mercury via Thunderbird almost never send any delivery failures to the postmaster. I wish Pegasus would also check and adjust incorrect address entries on its own.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Since our ISP (German IONOS / 1&amp;1) has reduced the error tolerance for email addresses to almost zero, I receive a lot of daily postmaster notifications from Mercury about delivery failures, as IONOS no longer accepts the incorrectly addressed mails and only returns an error &quot;554 - Transaction failed&quot;. As an example, the following is very often entered into the To: field or automatically inserted: Doe, John &lt; john.doe@example.com &gt; john.doe@example.com &lt; john.doe@example.com &gt; john-paul doe &lt; john.p.doe@example.com &gt; If you simply put the plain name in inverted commas, everything would go through cleanly. But users don&#039;t do that. Often it is also due to the incorrectly configured mail client of the communication partner. What I&#039;m getting at ... Other mail clients, such as Thunderbird, check and correct incorrect address entries automatically. Users who are connected to Mercury via Thunderbird almost never send any delivery failures to the postmaster. I wish Pegasus would also check and adjust incorrect address entries on its own. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
edited Feb 17 '22 at 3:43 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft