Community Discussions and Support
NuBe - creating ssl certificate failed. Can't find file.
ssl

Hi. New standalone server on my PC. Some parts working. But right now my question is about creating the SSL certificate. I followed the manual. Popup window is 'Certificate Creation Error' stating 'The system cannot find the file specified'. I even tried a fakeout by creating a file with the same name i.e.'a.pem'.
Help.

Rory

Hi. New standalone server on my PC. Some parts working. But right now my question is about creating the SSL certificate. I followed the manual. Popup window is 'Certificate Creation Error' stating 'The system cannot find the file specified'. I even tried a fakeout by creating a file with the same name i.e.'a.pem'. Help. Rory

This is a known issue in v4.90. It should be fixed in v4.91. I have not heard of a workaround. I hope another forum member can provide some advice.

This is a known issue in v4.90. It should be fixed in v4.91. I have not heard of a workaround. I hope another forum member can provide some advice.

Same problem here, creating certificate for SMTP and for IMAP
This is a serious problem for me, the company wanted a simple mail server, but expects it to be secure and even bought a license for it...

I've installed other Mercury mail servers and never had this problem. What gives?

Same problem here, creating certificate for SMTP and for IMAP This is a serious problem for me, the company wanted a simple mail server, but expects it to be secure and even bought a license for it... I've installed other Mercury mail servers and never had this problem. What gives?

Hello,
I have just migrated my Mercury 4.80 (very stable) to version 4.90, so that I can finally do "real" SLL.
I had like others the message "file not found". The result is that I have no SSL at all!
I see that the problem is known, and will be fixed in version 4.91:
"V 4.91 is currently being beta tested and should be available soon."
Problem: this message is from last January, and we are almost in September.
All this is very disappointing, especially considering the history of reliability of this software (which I have been using for more than 10 years, and for which I have paid a licence).
I understand that the CSR is suffixed .PEM, and that the private key is suffixed .PRK.PEM.
What should be the suffix of the certificate? .PEM too?
If I create a certificate with its private key, give the right names to the files, and install it in Mercury, does it have a chance of working?
Thanks in advance for your feedback

Hello, I have just migrated my Mercury 4.80 (very stable) to version 4.90, so that I can finally do "real" SLL. I had like others the message "file not found". The result is that I have no SSL at all! I see that the problem is known, and will be fixed in version 4.91: "V 4.91 is currently being beta tested and should be available soon." Problem: this message is from last January, and we are almost in September. All this is very disappointing, especially considering the history of reliability of this software (which I have been using for more than 10 years, and for which I have paid a licence). I understand that the CSR is suffixed .PEM, and that the private key is suffixed .PRK.PEM. What should be the suffix of the certificate? .PEM too? If I create a certificate with its private key, give the right names to the files, and install it in Mercury, does it have a chance of working? Thanks in advance for your feedback

There's unfortunately still an issue with v4.91 that prevents release, but David has prepared a standalone certificate creator using the v4.91 code. Please send an email to David.Harris@pmail.gen.nz to get it.

There's unfortunately still an issue with v4.91 that prevents release, but David has prepared a standalone certificate creator using the v4.91 code. Please send an email to David.Harris@pmail.gen.nz to get it.

I got the standalone certificate generator and it did work.

Thanks David.

I got the standalone certificate generator and it did work. Thanks David.

Hello,
What seems to be broken in version 4.90 is the key pair and CSR generation module.
I was able to fix this by creating the key pair and CSR outside of Mercury (OpenSSL), and then having the CSR signed by a CA.
Having to add that CA's certificate to Mercury's certificate file seems a bit ... unusual to me.
But hey, it works.
It would be easier if Mercury followed SSL/TLS (and OpenSSL) naming practices, namely :

• secret key: .key
  • CSR: .csr
  • Certificate: .crt
  • Certification chain in separate files, but in the same directory as the personal certificate

If Mercury 4.9.x could also allow the import of a PKCS12 (.p12), that would be great.

Thank you all for your help and responsiveness!

Hello, What seems to be broken in version 4.90 is the key pair and CSR generation module. I was able to fix this by creating the key pair and CSR outside of Mercury (OpenSSL), and then having the CSR signed by a CA. Having to add that CA's certificate to Mercury's certificate file seems a bit ... unusual to me. But hey, it works. It would be easier if Mercury followed SSL/TLS (and OpenSSL) naming practices, namely : - secret key: .key - CSR: .csr - Certificate: .crt - Certification chain in separate files, but in the same directory as the personal certificate If Mercury 4.9.x could also allow the import of a PKCS12 (.p12), that would be great. Thank you all for your help and responsiveness!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft