Community Discussions and Support
Are .CNM files needed

I have an old listserver that uses Mercury Mail. When I say old I mean prior to 2011 and running on Windows 2003 Server. I will be upgrading this to a newer version of listserver but in the meantime I need to gain back more disk space. My question is, can I safely delete .CNM files? There are several hundred thousand. They all appear to be log files of delivery failures.

I have an old listserver that uses Mercury Mail. When I say old I mean prior to 2011 and running on Windows 2003 Server. I will be upgrading this to a newer version of listserver but in the meantime I need to gain back more disk space. My question is, can I safely delete .CNM files? There are several hundred thousand. They all appear to be log files of delivery failures.

CNM files are message files, each contains one email message. If the server has been unattended for a while a lot of junk may have accumulated, but if you remove all there won't be any messages left other than those moved to IMAP folders.

CNM files are message files, each contains one email message. If the server has been unattended for a while a lot of junk may have accumulated, but if you remove all there won't be any messages left other than those moved to IMAP folders.

Thank you Rolf. All this appears to be are email errors. This is a list server, so those messages don't appear to show up here from what I can see.

Thank you Rolf. All this appears to be are email errors. This is a list server, so those messages don't appear to show up here from what I can see.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft