Community Discussions and Support
Cant keep the window maximized

A few months back, I switched PC's, from a Windows 8.1 to a Windows 10 machine, and downloaded the latest pmail. I set it to run maximized, and dragged a copy of that icon into my bottom tray.

Since then, it's been driving me mad, because it will not stay maximized, when I click another program and come back.

A few months back, I switched PC's, from a Windows 8.1 to a Windows 10 machine, and downloaded the latest pmail. I set it to run maximized, and dragged a copy of that icon into my bottom tray. Since then, it's been driving me mad, because it will not stay maximized, when I click another program and come back.

Yes, Windows 10 is ... different. Although - and this has already been mentioned lots of times in this forum: Running Pegasus Mail maximized isn't a pretty well idea because of such idiosyncrasies. It's better to just drag it as large as you want it and leave it this way without clicking the "maximize" button. Anyway, maybe this MS tool can help you: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/fancyzones.

Yes, Windows 10 is ... different. Although - and this has already been mentioned lots of times in this forum: Running Pegasus Mail maximized isn't a pretty well idea because of such idiosyncrasies. It's better to just drag it as large as you want it and leave it this way without clicking the "maximize" button. Anyway, maybe this MS tool can help you: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/fancyzones.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

I tried that dragging Michael, per previous thread, but it doesn't work. It just keeps getting resized automatically as a flat smaller window.

I tried that dragging Michael, per previous thread, but it doesn't work. It just keeps getting resized automatically as a flat smaller window.

Had you changed the shortcut property to run in a normal window while running it stretched full screen.

Do you have you Windows toolbar in any position other than at the bottom? I recently moved mine to the right and now experience odd and random issues with restoring windows, although none with Pegasus Mail so far.

Had you changed the shortcut property to run in a normal window while running it stretched full screen. Do you have you Windows toolbar in any position other than at the bottom? I recently moved mine to the right and now experience odd and random issues with restoring windows, although none with Pegasus Mail so far.

No, I hadn't tried the normal window. will now - thanks!

Didn't work.

No, I hadn't tried the normal window. will now - thanks! Didn't work.
edited Jun 26 '22 at 5:23 am

Melissa2022B, are you running with the Windows toolbar set to the right or left instead of on the bottom? I recently moved mine to the right and now experience random window size issues when restoring programs (not just Pegasus Mail). These occurrences are not common and I haven't been able to identify a specific condition that causes it. Interestingly, when it happens, the restored window size is always the same regardless whether I restored a browser that had been maximized or Pegasus Mail that was windowed.

Melissa2022B, are you running with the Windows toolbar set to the right or left instead of on the bottom? I recently moved mine to the right and now experience random window size issues when restoring programs (not just Pegasus Mail). These occurrences are not common and I haven't been able to identify a specific condition that causes it. Interestingly, when it happens, the restored window size is always the same regardless whether I restored a browser that had been maximized or Pegasus Mail that was windowed.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft