Community Discussions and Support
Hanging after update

Just upgraded to 4.80 from 4.73 and immediately encountered two issues.
Warning that mailbox is locked on launch - I continue.
Then it pops up the "Welcome to Pegasus Mail 4.80 ... detected that you have previously used an older version..." and I can not click out of that. The popup is dead, and I can not lick Continue.
Is there a way to avoid the popup?

Oh, and I got it working on a second install, but can't for the life of me get it to recognise the existing folders that I copied from the original. What .cfg or .ini do I need to throw in there to get all my original settings?

Just upgraded to 4.80 from 4.73 and immediately encountered two issues. Warning that mailbox is locked on launch - I continue. Then it pops up the "Welcome to Pegasus Mail 4.80 ... detected that you have previously used an older version..." and I can not click out of that. The popup is dead, and I can not lick Continue. Is there a way to avoid the popup? Oh, and I got it working on a second install, but can't for the life of me get it to recognise the existing folders that I copied from the original. What .cfg or .ini do I need to throw in there to get all my original settings?

Got the heirarchy sorted, but still don't have the settings i.e. ISP logins for all the identities. The IDs are there, but their settings have vanished.

Got the heirarchy sorted, but still don't have the settings i.e. ISP logins for all the identities. The IDs are there, but their settings have vanished.

This is weird. The POP3, SMTP, and IMAP host configuration files from reside in the mailbox directory so if that is intact then those files should be as well. Your mention of "can't for the life of me get it to recognise the existing folders that I copied from the original" makes it sound like a new install of 4.80 was done instead of an upgrade.

If you have a backup from prior to 4.80 you could copy any needed POP3 and SMTP host configuration files from it. They are .PND files. They are plain text files so you can review them with a text editor to determine which ones you want if, like me, you have a bunch that you no longer use.

BTW, There are two bugs in v4.80 to be aware of.

1. The dictionary of user added words is broken. It gets blanked out each time you use the spell checker. If you haven't used the spell checker yet you can mark the USRDICT5.PMD file as read only to prevent it from being cleared. If it has already been cleared, replace the USRDICT5.PMD file with one from a previous backup and mark it as read only. You won't be able to add new words but all existing added words will be preserved.
  2. The mouse wheel will cause crashes. An update of IERenderer will fix it.

[quote="pid:54086, uid:6610"]Got the heirarchy sorted, but still don't have the settings i.e. ISP logins for all the identities. The IDs are there, but their settings have vanished.[/quote] This is weird. The POP3, SMTP, and IMAP host configuration files from reside in the mailbox directory so if that is intact then those files should be as well. Your mention of "can't for the life of me get it to recognise the existing folders that I copied from the original" makes it sound like a new install of 4.80 was done instead of an upgrade. If you have a backup from prior to 4.80 you could copy any needed POP3 and SMTP host configuration files from it. They are .PND files. They are plain text files so you can review them with a text editor to determine which ones you want if, like me, you have a bunch that you no longer use. BTW, There are two bugs in v4.80 to be aware of. 1. The dictionary of user added words is broken. It gets blanked out each time you use the spell checker. If you haven't used the spell checker yet you can mark the USRDICT5.PMD file as read only to prevent it from being cleared. If it has already been cleared, replace the USRDICT5.PMD file with one from a previous backup and mark it as read only. You won't be able to add new words but all existing added words will be preserved. 2. The mouse wheel will cause crashes. An update of IERenderer will fix it.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft