Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus loading slowly in FireFox

anyone have suggestions on why pegasus mail loading slow in fireFox? T

anyone have suggestions on why pegasus mail loading slow in fireFox? T

You mean why the community forum load partly so slow?
Easy explanation, the forum server is not very fast. smile

You mean why the community forum load partly so slow? Easy explanation, the forum server is not very fast. ;)

Pegasus v4.81 Beta

When I click on a Hyperlink in an email (within Pegasus)
it now takes about 15-18 seconds to open the email within Firefox (latest).

This irritating delay occurred immediately after updating
to IERenderer 2.6.5.17

(It used to take 1-2 seconds)

When I click on a Hyperlink in an email (within Pegasus) it now takes about 15-18 seconds to open the email within Firefox (latest). This irritating delay occurred **immediately** after updating to IERenderer 2.6.5.17 (It used to take 1-2 seconds)
edited Jul 10 '22 at 8:25 pm

I'm sorry folks but have a very hard time working this site as compared to the older support concept.....but then again I am old as well.

something is goofy with my mail.(I'm running FireFox latest version) and the program takes a long time to open. When it does I do see my mail but going in to try and read I get a message saying there was a problem and needs to shut down so I'm never able to read although I do see the listings.

Any suggestion as how to correct? Is there a troublshooting link?

Thanks
Danny McGill
NY USA

I'm sorry folks but have a very hard time working this site as compared to the older support concept.....but then again I am old as well. something is goofy with my mail.(I'm running FireFox latest version) and the program takes a long time to open. When it does I do see my mail but going in to try and read I get a message saying there was a problem and needs to shut down so I'm never able to read although I do see the listings. Any suggestion as how to correct? Is there a troublshooting link? Thanks Danny McGill NY USA

Are you talking about clicking on a mailto: link??

Go to Settings and enter mailto in search at top.
Should then show applications and you will find mailto listed.
On mine the mailto is linked to the Pegasus WSENDTO.EXE program.
Clicking on it opens pegasus fine.

Tried to run Pegasus program directly, and it flashes the screen. But that is probable since it just lets select the program but no options. I have setup with -A option. Will probable need to go to config if I want to load Pegasus as a client rather than mailto:

Are you talking about clicking on a mailto: link?? Go to Settings and enter mailto in search at top. Should then show applications and you will find mailto listed. On mine the mailto is linked to the Pegasus WSENDTO.EXE program. Clicking on it opens pegasus fine. Tried to run Pegasus program directly, and it flashes the screen. But that is probable since it just lets select the program but no options. I have setup with -A option. Will probable need to go to config if I want to load Pegasus as a client rather than mailto:

mikes@guam.net

Are you talking about clicking on a mailto: link??

No - My problem arises when I click on a link within an email
(Naturally, these are all safe subscription links).

So now I get the time to put my recliner chair back
and have a 20 second mini-break waiting for Firefox to appear smile

> Are you talking about clicking on a mailto: link?? No - My problem arises when I click on a link within an email (Naturally, these are all safe subscription links). So now I get the time to put my recliner chair back and have a 20 second mini-break waiting for Firefox to appear ]:)

OK. Thought you were talking about opening pegasus from firefox rather than opening firefox from pegasus.

In this case what do you have set for the hyperlinks.
Tools / Options / hyperlinks

Do you have it set to find automatically or do you have the path to firefox in web browser command line.

If you have the find automatically, might want to try unchecking that and putting in the direct path to firefox.

Might make no difference, but perhaps something in locating the program is taking time.
I have the path to firefox set, so it opens hyperlinks in a second or so.

Do you have an anti-virus that might be checking something before opening??

OK. Thought you were talking about opening pegasus from firefox rather than opening firefox from pegasus. In this case what do you have set for the hyperlinks. Tools / Options / hyperlinks Do you have it set to find automatically or do you have the path to firefox in web browser command line. If you have the find automatically, might want to try unchecking that and putting in the direct path to firefox. Might make no difference, but perhaps something in locating the program is taking time. I have the path to firefox set, so it opens hyperlinks in a second or so. Do you have an anti-virus that might be checking something before opening??

mikes@guam.net

Before a URL is passed to the browser IERenderer will perform a fraud attempt check and a blacklist check unless these security features have been disabled. If you don't feel you need them, or if you just want to test their impact on the opening of links, you can disable them in the Security tab of IERenderer configuration.

Other thoughts...

• Does Firefox start slow when started from its shortcut in Windows?
  • Have you tested whether the slowness exists when using another browser?
  • Is the slowness the same when double clicking as when doing Right-Click > Open link in browser?
  • Is Firefox opening previous windows and tabs?

Before a URL is passed to the browser IERenderer will perform a fraud attempt check and a blacklist check unless these security features have been disabled. If you don't feel you need them, or if you just want to test their impact on the opening of links, you can disable them in the Security tab of IERenderer configuration. Other thoughts... - Does Firefox start slow when started from its shortcut in Windows? - Have you tested whether the slowness exists when using another browser? - Is the slowness the same when double clicking as when doing Right-Click > Open link in browser? - Is Firefox opening previous windows and tabs?

I have had the same Pegasus hyperlinks option (find automatically)
for many years.

Firefox (v102) is always open - The extended hiatus relates to waiting for a new tab.
No anti-virus issue.

As already stated ...
This irritating issue seems to have occurred immediately after updating to IERenderer 2.6.5.17

I have had the same Pegasus hyperlinks option (find automatically) for many years. Firefox (v102) is always open - The extended hiatus relates to waiting for a new tab. No anti-virus issue. As already stated ..._ This irritating issue seems to have occurred immediately after updating to IERenderer 2.6.5.17_
edited Jul 12 '22 at 7:14 pm

As already stated ...
Firefox (v102) is always open - The extended hiatus relates to waiting for a new tab.
No anti-virus issue.

Is window focus transferred to the Firefox window quickly (1-2 seconds) after clicking a link?

As already stated ...
This irritating issue seems to have occurred immediately after updating to IERenderer 2.6.5.17

There are no similar reports here or on the Listserv support list so looking at other potential causes seems reasonable.

Does disabling IERenderer make a difference?

[quote="pid:54114, uid:28437"]As already stated ... Firefox (v102) is always open - The extended hiatus relates to waiting for a new tab. No anti-virus issue.[/quote] Is window focus transferred to the Firefox window quickly (1-2 seconds) after clicking a link? [quote="pid:54114, uid:28437"]As already stated ... This irritating issue seems to have occurred immediately after updating to IERenderer 2.6.5.17[/quote] There are no similar reports here or on the Listserv support list so looking at other potential causes seems reasonable. Does disabling IERenderer make a difference?

I'm sorry folks but have a very hard time working this site as compared to the older support concept.....but then again I am old as well.

I feel your pain. I'm not a fan of this forum design either. Did you ever use the Listserv support list? If not, forget I mentioned it. Corresponding on it (which is via email) is easy, IMHO, but getting it setup is not.

something is goofy with my mail.(I'm running FireFox latest version) and the program takes a long time to open. When it does I do see my mail but going in to try and read I get a message saying there was a problem and needs to shut down so I'm never able to read although I do see the listings.

Any suggestion as how to correct? Is there a troublshooting link?

I think your problem is worthy of a new post since it appears to be very different than the slowness of links opening in Firefox which is what this discussion is about.
To create a new post look for the "Create a new topic" link which is white letters on a blue background (it looks like an image not a link). It is located screen right once you are in a category.

BTW, there isn't a troubleshooting link. This forum is your best bet. If you create a new topic I suggest including the version of Pegasus Mail and IERenderer that you are running.

[quote="pid:54108, uid:30801"]I'm sorry folks but have a very hard time working this site as compared to the older support concept.....but then again I am old as well.[/quote] I feel your pain. I'm not a fan of this forum design either. Did you ever use the Listserv support list? If not, forget I mentioned it. Corresponding on it (which is via email) is easy, IMHO, but getting it setup is not. [quote="pid:54108, uid:30801"]something is goofy with my mail.(I'm running FireFox latest version) and the program takes a long time to open. When it does I do see my mail but going in to try and read I get a message saying there was a problem and needs to shut down so I'm never able to read although I do see the listings. Any suggestion as how to correct? Is there a troublshooting link?[/quote] I think your problem is worthy of a new post since it appears to be very different than the slowness of links opening in Firefox which is what this discussion is about. To create a new post look for the "Create a new topic" link which is white letters on a blue background (it looks like an image not a link). It is located screen right once you are in a category. BTW, there isn't a troubleshooting link. This forum is your best bet. If you create a new topic I suggest including the version of Pegasus Mail and IERenderer that you are running.

On the hyperlink option, there was another issue where person had an email that was showing the link as a green highlighted link, but clicking on it didn't open link at all. When they changed it from automatic find to the path to browser the link would open correctly. Think that was on Windows 10, so could be something windows 10/11 does differently...

As for IERender, I can't say. I run on Linux so the IERender doesn't work at all, since the wine doesn't support some feature it uses. Have looked at it on Windows 10 machine, and seemed fine on the version I looked at. Run 5 machines with Linux and have one Windows 10 machine that I use rarely to test things now and then. So, perhaps it is something in the extra protection that is causing delay. Might be interesting to try with the direct path. Probable would make no difference, but who knows...

Good Luck.

On the hyperlink option, there was another issue where person had an email that was showing the link as a green highlighted link, but clicking on it didn't open link at all. When they changed it from automatic find to the path to browser the link would open correctly. Think that was on Windows 10, so could be something windows 10/11 does differently... As for IERender, I can't say. I run on Linux so the IERender doesn't work at all, since the wine doesn't support some feature it uses. Have looked at it on Windows 10 machine, and seemed fine on the version I looked at. Run 5 machines with Linux and have one Windows 10 machine that I use rarely to test things now and then. So, perhaps it is something in the extra protection that is causing delay. Might be interesting to try with the direct path. Probable would make no difference, but who knows... Good Luck.

mikes@guam.net

I will report back with results on Monday.

62d068787bd8b

I will report back with results on Monday. ![62d068787bd8b](serve/attachment&path=62d068787bd8b)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft