Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus sends message but returns a Delivery Failure message!

I have received the following message in my "New Mail" folder in Pegasus, although the recipient has shown me a copy of the email they were sent.

In other words, the email was sent and it was received, but Pegasus has advised that "Delivery has failed"!

Why is Pegasus making this false judgement?

Is there anything that a user can do to stop Pegasus issuing this kind of false report?

To: Self
Subject: Mail Delivery Failure.
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 17:14:39 +0100
X-PMFLAGS: 16512 0 65537 GSBFW55L.CNM

Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following
reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail
relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module:

554 6.6.0 Error sending message for delivery.

I have received the following message in my &quot;New Mail&quot; folder in Pegasus, although the recipient has shown me a copy of the email they were sent. In other words, the email was sent and it was received, but Pegasus has advised that &quot;Delivery has failed&quot;! Why is Pegasus making this false judgement? Is there anything that a user can do to stop Pegasus issuing this kind of false report? ------------------------------ From: Mail Delivery System &lt;&gt; To: Self Subject: Mail Delivery Failure. Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 17:14:39 +0100 X-PMFLAGS: 16512 0 65537 GSBFW55L.CNM Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module: 554 6.6.0 Error sending message for delivery. ---------------------------------------

When Pegasus Mail encounters certain transmissions failures it will queue the message for retransmission. If the failure was transient then the resend from the queue may have been what they received.

Does the error occur every time you send a message to that recipient?

When Pegasus Mail encounters certain transmissions failures it will queue the message for retransmission. If the failure was transient then the resend from the queue may have been what they received. Does the error occur every time you send a message to that recipient?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft