Site Feedback
How about an option to enable reverse sort order of threads?

Rolf,

do you know whether there's an option to enable reverse sort order of threads, i.e. most recent on top? It becomes quite annoying having to scroll down two or more virtual "pages" (especially since you have to wait for the arrival at a "page break" before you can continue) to get to the current posts for replying in threads with more than a couple of replies ... or is it just my slow machine I'm waiting for ...? But anyway, I would really like to have such a user option.

Rolf, do you know whether there's an option to enable reverse sort order of threads, i.e. most recent on top? It becomes quite annoying having to scroll down two or more virtual "pages" (especially since you have to wait for the arrival at a "page break" before you can continue) to get to the current posts for replying in threads with more than a couple of replies ... or is it just my slow machine I'm waiting for ...? But anyway, I would really like to have such a user option.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

I see how this could be useful, but I'm afraid I can't find any such option in the software. But maybe clicking on a notification item would focus on that post right away instead of having to scroll from the top of the topic?

I see how this could be useful, but I'm afraid I can't find any such option in the software. But maybe clicking on a notification item would focus on that post right away instead of having to scroll from the top of the topic?

Thanks for checking, I tried to figure out something via the pages of the script authors but didn't find anything at all about user config options. Problem with notifications is that I don't see whether there's any useful pattern in how they come and how to get the list cleared - aside from the fact that I don't need to know whether someone voted on me. Email notifications aren't an option either because that's just not the way I work, so all in all too much useless stuff and too few options to configure if trying to keep up with the flow smile

[quote="pid:54264, uid:2278"]I see how this could be useful, but I'm afraid I can't find any such option in the software. But maybe clicking on a notification item would focus on that post right away instead of having to scroll from the top of the topic?[/quote] Thanks for checking, I tried to figure out something via the pages of the script authors but didn't find anything at all about user config options. Problem with notifications is that I don't see whether there's any useful pattern in how they come and how to get the list cleared - aside from the fact that I don't need to know whether someone voted on me. Email notifications aren't an option either because that's just not the way I work, so all in all too much useless stuff and too few options to configure if trying to keep up with the flow :S
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Just as an addition and for everybody else being interested in this thread: There actually is a way for jumping directly to the last post of a thread: by clicking on its most recent post's time&date. So it might also help if it would be a lot more obvious that this option is actually available, see below:

6318bff1bb18a

Just as an addition and for everybody else being interested in this thread: There actually _is_ a way for jumping directly to the last post of a thread: by clicking on its most recent post's time&date. So it might also help if it would be a lot more obvious that this option is actually available, see below: ![6318bff1bb18a](serve/attachment&path=6318bff1bb18a)
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited Sep 7 '22 at 5:01 pm

Nice find Michael!

Until now I have been opening a discussion then hitting the "End" key to jump to the last post.

Nice find Michael! Until now I have been opening a discussion then hitting the "End" key to jump to the last post.

Thanks, Brian, I just wish I would remember using it whenever opening an existing thread ... smile

Thanks, Brian, I just wish I would remember using it whenever opening an existing thread ... ;)
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft