Community Discussions and Support
Problem using "*[127.0.0.1]*"

Hi, long time user and love the mercury email server.

I've seen a lot of ehlo [127.0.0.1] logins recently and had entered this into the transflt.mer file on the compliance screen:

H, "[127.0.0.1]", DSX, "local"

but it now matches every incoming message. So I tried this:

H, "ehlo [127.0.0.1]", DSX, "local"

and that matched none. So I downloaded the 4.9 release and that diddn't matter.

I have relaying turned off, etc. I guess I'm going to look for the doc on the new release but wondering in the meantime what could be the problem(s) with the match above.

Thanks,

Jerry

Hi, long time user and love the mercury email server. I've seen a lot of ehlo [127.0.0.1] logins recently and had entered this into the transflt.mer file on the compliance screen: H, "*[127.0.0.1]*", DSX, "local" but it now matches every incoming message. So I tried this: H, "*ehlo [127.0.0.1]*", DSX, "local" and that matched none. So I downloaded the 4.9 release and that diddn't matter. I have relaying turned off, etc. I guess I'm going to look for the doc on the new release but wondering in the meantime what could be the problem(s) with the match above. Thanks, Jerry

Try this:
H, "[EHeh][EHeh]LO [[]127.0.0.1]*", R, "554 Illegal HELO, connection refused."

Try this: H, "[EHeh][EHeh]LO [[]127.0.0.1]*", R, "554 Illegal HELO, connection refused."

thanks, that is working. I'll have to go back and look at the characters you used to check the differences.

thanks, that is working. I'll have to go back and look at the characters you used to check the differences.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft