Community Discussions and Support
Mercury service terminating unexpectedly

Is anyone else seeing this? New licensed installation of Mercury installed on Windows Serer 2016, Mercury/32 version: Mercury/32, v4.91.349, 23 Sep 2022

I have set the service set to restart, which it does, but users report disconnections. No other Windows services are reporting this problem.

Any ideas what to do about it?

Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 11/15/2022 8:02:56 AM
Event ID: 7031
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: -----------------------
Description:
The Mercury32 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 294 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Is anyone else seeing this? New licensed installation of Mercury installed on Windows Serer 2016, Mercury/32 version: Mercury/32, v4.91.349, 23 Sep 2022 I have set the service set to restart, which it does, but users report disconnections. No other Windows services are reporting this problem. Any ideas what to do about it? Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 11/15/2022 8:02:56 AM Event ID: 7031 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: ----------------------- Description: The Mercury32 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 294 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

We haven't seen any such crashes during testing or in production. The most common cause for unexpected stops is that something is blocking Mercury's access to queue files and other work files, so please verify that the Mercury folder is excluded from all anti-virus scanning.

If problems persist check if any debug files have been created in the ...\Mercury\dumps\ folder. If so please send one to David (David.Harris@pmail.gen.nz) for review.

We haven't seen any such crashes during testing or in production. The most common cause for unexpected stops is that something is blocking Mercury's access to queue files and other work files, so please verify that the Mercury folder is excluded from all anti-virus scanning. If problems persist check if any debug files have been created in the ...\Mercury\dumps\ folder. If so please send one to David (David.Harris@pmail.gen.nz) for review.

Thanks for the tip.
No anti-virus other than Microsoft native one.

There are indeed many .dmp files that appear to be corelated with the service stoppage. I sent the most recent to David for examination.

Thanks for the tip. No anti-virus other than Microsoft native one. There are indeed many .dmp files that appear to be corelated with the service stoppage. I sent the most recent to David for examination.
edited Nov 15 '22 at 9:07 pm

Update - I sent the .dmp file to David, who provided the answer:

There is a 64,000 message limit on mail folders in Mercury 4.x. Copying additional email into a folder at the limit causes a crash. Now I know.

Update - I sent the .dmp file to David, who provided the answer: There is a 64,000 message limit on mail folders in Mercury 4.x. Copying additional email into a folder at the limit causes a crash. Now I know.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft