Community Discussions and Support
PMail NewFolder Box appearance

When I want to creat a new SubFOlder by clicking "Add.." the Dialog Box does NOT Appear (it is out of my screen sight) ... where do I reset this specific box rectangle coordinates to "default"

When I want to creat a new SubFOlder by clicking "Add.." the Dialog Box does NOT Appear (it is out of my screen sight) ... where do I reset this specific box rectangle coordinates to "default"

All window positions are stored in a file named STATE.PMJ located in the mailbox directory. It is a plain text file so can be edited with a text editor (Pegasus Mail must be closed).

To change the position of that specific window look for the following line and change coordinates to those shown (these are the defaults).
[NAMERF]
DEFAULT=297,134,647,508

You can reset all windows to default by renaming or deleting STATE.PMJ. Pegasus Mail will create a new one on startup. This will insure that any other misplaced windows get fixed. Doing this will require resizing and repositioning windows that had been previously changed.

All window positions are stored in a file named STATE.PMJ located in the mailbox directory. It is a plain text file so can be edited with a text editor (Pegasus Mail must be closed). To change the position of that specific window look for the following line and change coordinates to those shown (these are the defaults). [NAMERF] DEFAULT=297,134,647,508 You can reset all windows to default by renaming or deleting STATE.PMJ. Pegasus Mail will create a new one on startup. This will insure that any other misplaced windows get fixed. Doing this will require resizing and repositioning windows that had been previously changed.
edited Nov 21 '22 at 3:12 pm

Thank you Brian - that was it, works again, after I edited the File STATE.PMJ
When I delete it, PMail comes up with totally empty Folders .. strange .
Where does PMAIL get the default's from ? Stored in the code or a template file, it might not be able to access in my multi user installatoin ?
I have to add, that I have a multi user installation, so I call PMAIL with the -I Parameter.

Thank you Brian - that was it, works again, after I edited the File STATE.PMJ When I delete it, PMail comes up with totally empty Folders .. strange . Where does PMAIL get the default's from ? Stored in the code or a template file, it might not be able to access in my multi user installatoin ? I have to add, that I have a multi user installation, so I call PMAIL with the -I Parameter.

When I delete it, PMail comes up with totally empty Folders .. strange .

That is very strange. I tested my fix before posting, including renaming STATE.PMJ and on subsequent start of Pegasus Mail it opened the same folders that were open on previous close (stored on FOLSTATE.PM) but all of their windows had been moved and the sizes changed.

Where does PMAIL get the default's from ? Stored in the code or a template file, it might not be able to access in my multi user installatoin ?

I am multi-user as well. I did my tests in one of my lesser used user accounts, opened with the -i command line option. The open folders populated as expected. I don't know what happened in your case. It may have been a screen refresh anamoly that a restart of Pegasus Mail may have fixed. Regardless, I'm glad you have it fixed.

Regarding the source of the defaults, my sense is that the code opens them Cascaded by default. Only the new mail folder is recorded in STATE.PMJ on creation. The location of any other open folders does not get written until shutdown. Interestingly, when the option to save the desktop state is not enabled, STATE.PMJ and FOLSTATE.PM are updated at shutdown but appear to be ignored on subsequent startup, opening just the new mail folder.

NOTE: I run in List mode. Little of what I have said applies to Preview mode.

[quote="pid:54729, uid:37515"]When I delete it, PMail comes up with totally empty Folders .. strange .[/quote] That is very strange. I tested my fix before posting, including renaming STATE.PMJ and on subsequent start of Pegasus Mail it opened the same folders that were open on previous close (stored on FOLSTATE.PM) but all of their windows had been moved and the sizes changed. [quote="pid:54729, uid:37515"] Where does PMAIL get the default's from ? Stored in the code or a template file, it might not be able to access in my multi user installatoin ?[/quote] I am multi-user as well. I did my tests in one of my lesser used user accounts, opened with the -i command line option. The open folders populated as expected. I don't know what happened in your case. It may have been a screen refresh anamoly that a restart of Pegasus Mail may have fixed. Regardless, I'm glad you have it fixed. Regarding the source of the defaults, my sense is that the code opens them Cascaded by default. Only the new mail folder is recorded in STATE.PMJ on creation. The location of any other open folders does not get written until shutdown. Interestingly, when the option to save the desktop state is not enabled, STATE.PMJ and FOLSTATE.PM are updated at shutdown but appear to be ignored on subsequent startup, opening just the new mail folder. NOTE: I run in List mode. Little of what I have said applies to Preview mode.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft