Community Discussions and Support
Accidently deleted New Mail Folder

Somehow the new mail folder with messages still in them was accidently deleted....is there a way to recover the folder/messages that were still in there? The folder seems to be starting over i usually keep all the messages for any response still in there until I do find it necessary to move to a particular folder if i wish to save

Somehow the new mail folder with messages still in them was accidently deleted....is there a way to recover the folder/messages that were still in there? The folder seems to be starting over i usually keep all the messages for any response still in there until I do find it necessary to move to a particular folder if i wish to save

Supposed you're not talking about IMAP: You can't delete the new mail folder unless you deleted its whole windows directory, but then you wouldn't be able to use Pegasus Mail anymore since all user data would be gone. The messages in the new mail folder are separate files, and if you deleted those only a backup could help restoring them. And (sub)folders don't exist in the new mail folder. IOW: If you're seeing an empty new mail folder now there's nothing left to be done other than restoring the most recent backup, if any, I'm sorry to say.

Supposed you're not talking about IMAP: You can't delete the new mail folder unless you deleted its whole windows directory, but then you wouldn't be able to use Pegasus Mail anymore since all user data would be gone. The messages in the new mail folder are separate files, and if you deleted those only a backup could help restoring them. And (sub)folders don't exist in the new mail folder. IOW: If you're seeing an empty new mail folder now there's nothing left to be done other than restoring the most recent backup, if any, I'm sorry to say.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Jan 21 '23 at 6:24 pm

Since you can't delete the New mail folder in My Mailbox, a new mail folder in an IMAP connection is the only thing that makes sense. If the IMAP profile is configured to delete messages without keeping a safety copy then they may be gone. The only thing to do is access your email host using its web interface to see what is there. Perhaps deleted messages are being moved to a trash folder and will be recoverable.

Since you can't delete the New mail folder in My Mailbox, a new mail folder in an IMAP connection is the only thing that makes sense. If the IMAP profile is configured to delete messages without keeping a safety copy then they may be gone. The only thing to do is access your email host using its web interface to see what is there. Perhaps deleted messages are being moved to a trash folder and will be recoverable.

Perhaps deleted messages are being moved to a trash folder and will be recoverable.

Yep, a persistent deleted mail folder (whatever its name is) would be the only help in both cases ...

[quote="pid:54898, uid:28772"]Perhaps deleted messages are being moved to a trash folder and will be recoverable.[/quote] Yep, a persistent _deleted mail_ folder (whatever its name is) would be the only help in both cases ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

With regard to my messages being deleted from the new mail folder in Pegasus Mail. since my computer crash some time ago I have installed a back up for the computer itself using a Samsung portable SSD T5 currently installed. Being a rookie & all would you folks think I would be able to recover that way? If so what would i be looking for within that computer back up? I use a Desktop computer and It was rcommended to backup Pc informationfor Sorry to bother again

With regard to my messages being deleted from the new mail folder in Pegasus Mail. since my computer crash some time ago I have installed a back up for the computer itself using a Samsung portable SSD T5 currently installed. Being a rookie & all would you folks think I would be able to recover that way? If so what would i be looking for within that computer back up? I use a Desktop computer and It was rcommended to backup Pc informationfor Sorry to bother again

First we need to know whether the "New Mail folder' that you refer to is one that you connect to via IMAP.

First we need to know whether the "New Mail folder' that you refer to is one that you connect to via IMAP.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft