Community Discussions and Support
User's Mailbox Missing

Using v4.80.1028 on Windows 10.

Created a new user today (Call it: NEW) based on some of the settings of OLD.

For a while, both could be opened at the same time and worked fine but, then every time I used the shortcut to open OLD, NEW opened up, so I rebooted.

I still can't open OLD. When I click the shortcut, nothing happens. I see in Windows Explorer that files are still there, but is there a way to actually get them to open on my computer?

Is my only option to save the files and then substitute a backed up copy that I have from Pmail>Mail>OLD?

Thanks

Using v4.80.1028 on Windows 10. Created a new user today (Call it: NEW) based on some of the settings of OLD. For a while, both could be opened at the same time and worked fine but, then every time I used the shortcut to open OLD, NEW opened up, so I rebooted. I still can't open OLD. When I click the shortcut, nothing happens. I see in Windows Explorer that files are still there, but is there a way to actually get them to open on my computer? Is my only option to save the files and then substitute a backed up copy that I have from Pmail>Mail>OLD? Thanks

There is no way to create a new user from within Pegasus Mail where you can base its settings on another user. That capability only exists when creating a new identity. Did you try to create a new user from outside of Pegasus Mail?

What are your OLD and NEW shortcuts?

When looking at the files in Windows Explorer, what is the path to the OLD mailbox directory and to the NEW mailbox directory?

There is no way to create a new user from within Pegasus Mail where you can base its settings on another user. That capability only exists when creating a new identity. Did you try to create a new user from outside of Pegasus Mail? What are your OLD and NEW shortcuts? When looking at the files in Windows Explorer, what is the path to the OLD mailbox directory and to the NEW mailbox directory?

I added a new pop address to the original user's profile and it worked fine. I then created a new profile from scratch and copied the same pop settings from the OLD to the NEW. Not sure I'm having such problems.

The old shortcut is-
C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe - MS - i TBA

The new shortcut is-
C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe -MS -i CSS-SocA

The new profile works fine, but the old one first only opened the new profile and after rebooting, now doesn't seem to do anything.

I have 5 profiles, all under C:\PMAIL\MAIL, plus a sixth folder there labeled ADMIN.

Thanks for trying to figure this out!!

I added a new pop address to the original user's profile and it worked fine. I then created a new profile from scratch and copied the same pop settings from the OLD to the NEW. Not sure I'm having such problems. The old shortcut is- C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe - MS - i TBA The new shortcut is- C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe -MS -i CSS-SocA The new profile works fine, but the old one first only opened the new profile and after rebooting, now doesn't seem to do anything. I have 5 profiles, all under C:\PMAIL\MAIL, plus a sixth folder there labeled ADMIN. Thanks for trying to figure this out!!

I just noticed 2 very minor spaces that are different in the OLD vs NEW shortcuts, so I changed the OLD one from-
C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe - MS - i TBA

T0-
C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe -MS -i TBA

Looks like that solved it!!!

(I should've been a lot more careful, but not sure what even happened to change it in the first place.)

PS: Does anyone who knows Windows know how to view the properties of these shortcuts when they're pinned to the taskbar?

I just noticed 2 very minor spaces that are different in the OLD vs NEW shortcuts, so I changed the OLD one from- C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe - MS - i TBA T0- C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe -MS -i TBA Looks like that solved it!!! (I should've been a lot more careful, but not sure what even happened to change it in the first place.) PS: Does anyone who knows Windows know how to view the properties of these shortcuts when they're pinned to the taskbar?

PS: Does anyone who knows Windows know how to view the properties of these shortcuts when they're pinned to the taskbar?

A right click will display the shortcut and the option to unpin. Right click on that shortcut to get to properties.

[quote="pid:54905, uid:4544"]PS: Does anyone who knows Windows know how to view the properties of these shortcuts when they're pinned to the taskbar?[/quote] A right click will display the shortcut and the option to unpin. Right click on that shortcut to get to properties.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft