Community Discussions and Support
Copy to self not working

Since a while sent messages are no more copied to the self folder (in my case mailfolder !_Sent).

• It is defined in Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Copies to self
  • Checked: "Ask at send time whether or not to make a copy to self"
  • Checked: Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Messaages and replies > Copy to self ON

WinPMail Version 4.80.1028, Jan 16 2022, build ID 1028
on Windows 10.0.19044.2486

Have I missed something - or accidentally deleted?

Since a while sent messages are no more copied to the self folder (in my case mailfolder !_Sent). - It is defined in Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Copies to self - Checked: "Ask at send time whether or not to make a copy to self" - Checked: Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Messaages and replies > Copy to self ON WinPMail Version 4.80.1028, Jan 16 2022, build ID 1028 on Windows 10.0.19044.2486 Have I missed something - or accidentally deleted?

Do you have any copy-self filtering rules?

In Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Copies to self, re-associate the !_Sent folder by using the "Select folder" button. Restart Pegasus Mail.

Now try this test:
Send yourself a new message with a single unique word in the subject (eg: 123abc456).
Note whether you are prompted for the folder to place the copyself in.
Check to see if the message is in the !_Sent folder.
If it is not there, search the entire mailbox for the subject word. Here are instructions in case you are not familiar with the search function:

• In the folder list do a single click on "My mailbox".
  • Use the keystroke Ctrl+F to invoke the search function
  • Tick the "Single phrase" option
  • Tick the "Search in headers only" option
  • Select the "Search all folders in the selected mailbox" option in "Folder(s) to search".

If you find it, check that folder for other copyself messages. If that is where they are ending up then you either have a copy-self filtering rules or an Autofilter that is routing the copyself messages to that folder.

Do you have any copy-self filtering rules? In Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Copies to self, re-associate the !_Sent folder by using the "Select folder" button. Restart Pegasus Mail. Now try this test: Send yourself a new message with a single unique word in the subject (eg: 123abc456). Note whether you are prompted for the folder to place the copyself in. Check to see if the message is in the !_Sent folder. If it is not there, search the entire mailbox for the subject word. Here are instructions in case you are not familiar with the search function: - In the folder list do a single click on "My mailbox". - Use the keystroke Ctrl+F to invoke the search function - Tick the "Single phrase" option - Tick the "Search in headers only" option - Select the "Search all folders in the selected mailbox" option in "Folder(s) to search". If you find it, check that folder for other copyself messages. If that is where they are ending up then you either have a copy-self filtering rules or an Autofilter that is routing the copyself messages to that folder.

Brian, thank you for providing these hints. Now I was digging deeper:

If you find it, check that folder for other copyself messages. If that is where they are ending up then you either have a copy-self filtering rules or an Autofilter that is routing the copyself messages to that folder.

Nice littel hobbits: I find it where it should be: in folder !_Sent:
63cfe1a32854c
It is however not listed in the mail folder pane and if I click on the folder name nothing is displayed in the right pane!
Since I did this test several times during past days IMHO there should be multiple entries - but nothing is there.
→ "CopySelf filtering rules" is empty
In the Mail installation directory there is a file FOL0413A.PMM which seems to be the !_Sent folder, because it starts with this:63cfe624a6cd7
→ in file HIERARCH.PM i find these lines:

0,0,"DUAR9MCS:4ED4:FOL04756","31496013:My mailbox","!_Sent",0,20
0,0,"PSO7L6RZ:4FC3:FOL0413A","465E5276:Special Activiti","!_Sent",0,20

However, FOL04756 does not contain a message, whereas FOL0413A is full of messages.
→ So I have found the culprit: By some move (I use a stylus, not a mouse) the real !_Sent folder appears as a sub folder in "Special Activities"
→ I need to move this to its intended location and redefine the settings.

The underlying problem is that the UI does not show the "full path" of the nested !_Sent folder...

Thank you for kicking me to a deeper analysis.

Brian, thank you for providing these hints. Now I was digging deeper: [quote="pid:54910, uid:28772"]If you find it, check that folder for other copyself messages. If that is where they are ending up then you either have a copy-self filtering rules or an Autofilter that is routing the copyself messages to that folder.[/quote] Nice littel hobbits: I find it where it should be: in folder !_Sent: ![63cfe1a32854c](serve/attachment&path=63cfe1a32854c) It is however not listed in the mail folder pane and if I click on the folder name nothing is displayed in the right pane! Since I did this test several times during past days IMHO there should be multiple entries - but nothing is there. → "CopySelf filtering rules" is empty In the Mail installation directory there is a file FOL0413A.PMM which seems to be the !_Sent folder, because it starts with this:![63cfe624a6cd7](serve/attachment&path=63cfe624a6cd7) → in file HIERARCH.PM i find these lines: ```` 0,0,"DUAR9MCS:4ED4:FOL04756","31496013:My mailbox","!_Sent",0,20 0,0,"PSO7L6RZ:4FC3:FOL0413A","465E5276:Special Activiti","!_Sent",0,20 ```` However, FOL04756 does not contain a message, whereas FOL0413A is full of messages. → So I have found the culprit: By some move (I use a stylus, not a mouse) the real !_Sent folder appears as a sub folder in "Special Activities" → I need to move this to its intended location and redefine the settings. The underlying problem is that the UI does not show the "full path" of the nested !_Sent folder... Thank you for kicking me to a deeper analysis.

→ So I have found the culprit: By some move (I use a stylus, not a mouse) the real !_Sent folder appears as a sub folder in "Special Activities"

I am glad you had the analysis skills to identify the duplicate named !_Sent folder by looking in HIERARCH. I have seen this exact copyself issue and apologize for not thinking to list is a potential cause.

[quote="pid:54914, uid:3311"]→ So I have found the culprit: By some move (I use a stylus, not a mouse) the real !_Sent folder appears as a sub folder in "Special Activities"[/quote] I am glad you had the analysis skills to identify the duplicate named !_Sent folder by looking in HIERARCH. I have seen this exact copyself issue and apologize for not thinking to list is a potential cause.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft