Community Discussions and Support
Unusual characters rendered in email body

Hi All. I have many emails that take quite some time to open, usually 1 minute, compared to the rest, which are almost instantaneous. Once the email is open, the body consists of continuous lines of Asian characters and other symbols. No part of it is in English.

Whilst it is rendering these emails, there are no other menu buttons or such displayed int hat window. They only appear once the body is rendered.

It appears to be an issue with the last couple of IE renderer updates.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Hi All. I have many emails that take quite some time to open, usually 1 minute, compared to the rest, which are almost instantaneous. Once the email is open, the body consists of continuous lines of Asian characters and other symbols. No part of it is in English. Whilst it is rendering these emails, there are no other menu buttons or such displayed int hat window. They only appear once the body is rendered. It appears to be an issue with the last couple of IE renderer updates. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Well, assuming your real question is about fixing this issue we need to know a couple of more details about your setup, but lets start with the simple questions first:

• What Windows version are you using Pegasus Mail with? To preempt the answer to one possible reply: If you're on Windows XP there's no way for fixing this other than disabling IER because XP's most recent supported IE version is v8 which doesn't support required features for rendering current HTML properly anymore, I'm sorry. MS is now terminating support of all Windows versions older than Windows 10 and has already withdrawn IE completely from its current Windows 11 so keeping IER compatible with IE 8 or older on Windows XP is just no valid option anymore.

• Is there a common pattern with these messages aside from just being HTML messages?

• Would it be possible to get a sample message to take a look at it (I'll provide you with a proper address for submission if so)?

[quote="pid:54935, uid:38004"]Is anyone else experiencing this issue?[/quote] Well, assuming your real question is about _fixing_ this issue we need to know a couple of more details about your setup, but lets start with the simple questions first: - What Windows version are you using Pegasus Mail with? To preempt the answer to one possible reply: If you're on Windows XP there's no way for fixing this other than disabling IER because XP's most recent supported IE version is v8 which doesn't support required features for rendering current HTML properly anymore, I'm sorry. MS is now terminating support of all Windows versions older than Windows 10 and has already withdrawn IE completely from its current Windows 11 so keeping IER compatible with IE 8 or older on Windows XP is just no valid option anymore. - Is there a common pattern with these messages aside from just being HTML messages? - Would it be possible to get a sample message to take a look at it (I'll provide you with a proper address for submission if so)?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Jan 29 '23 at 1:20 pm

Might be the email includes multi-byte encoded characters and if your default font doesn't support them, they show a wierd characters. If you right-click and open message in browser do you see emoji or special characters.

Might be the email includes multi-byte encoded characters and if your default font doesn't support them, they show a wierd characters. If you right-click and open message in browser do you see emoji or special characters.

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft