Hello, I've been a pmail user for years, I'm not a programer so I'll try to describe my problem as best I can:
I've always accepted pmail as a text based email client but it's becoming harder to use because many mail messages now have embedded HTML content. Sometimes I can save the message as .HTML and Firefox will open and render it although in the past I've tried linking to the firefox .exe and pmail doesn't seem to always want to go there?. I've noticed many messages being sent now seem to be intended for mobile devices when I use a PC. I've coped with these inconveniences and saw v4.8 had been released with HTML rendering changes so I updated from 4.71.
Now my problems seem to have worsened. Consistently when receiving Ebays 'We got your order' confirmation and airline booking confirmations full of html code and links to their promotions.
Before, I saw code in messsage view and could work out main message content in Raw View. Now on 4.8 I see a blank message screen and if I try to do anything, I get the Windows 7_64 message: Win PM-32 Floating Point division by zero error. There's no Windows event app crash error logged, but that doesn't inspire me as a stable situation.
For now I'm reverting back to 4.7 because even though it doesn't render HTML content the apps don't give error messages.