Username=TechnoMail, Personal Name = Robin Martin

Core/Local Domain:
  LocalHost = YMCSERV, Internet name = technolib.coza

Aliases:
  Alias=robin@technolib.coza, Real address=TechnoMail

THIS WORKS - via Mercury spooler only . . .  at last !![/quote]

My goodness, you're really good at trial and error. Now here is an explanation:
Real Address within the Alias configuration, is either

1. A local mailbox, a local user in netware, (or later a local user in Windows AD)
  2. An off-host recipient - we call it a relay address then, since the email is relayed out of this system.

Configuration interfaces is hard to do that are so intuitive that someone with limited knowledge can set this up. As programmers it is also very hard to imagine, how someone not involved in the lingo reads the interfaces.
Nonetheless, you DID IT! Congratulations.

[quote user="Methuselah"] Local Users:  Username=TechnoMail, Personal Name = Robin Martin <P class=ForumPostContentText>Core/Local Domain:   LocalHost = YMCSERV, Internet name = technolib.coza</P> <P class=ForumPostContentText> Aliases:   Alias=robin@technolib.coza, Real address=TechnoMail </P> <P class=ForumPostContentText>THIS WORKS - via Mercury spooler only . . .  at last !![/quote]</P> <P class=ForumPostContentText><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#000000>My goodness, you're really good at trial and error. Now here is an explanation: Real Address within the Alias configuration, is either</FONT></P> <DIV class=ForumPostBodyArea> <OL> <LI class=ForumPostContentText><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#000000>A local mailbox, a local user in netware, (or later a local user in Windows AD)</FONT></LI> <LI class=ForumPostContentText><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#000000>An off-host recipient - we call it a relay address then, since the email is relayed out of this system.</FONT></LI></OL></DIV> <P class=ForumPostContentText><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><FONT color=#000000>Configuration interfaces is hard to do that are so intuitive that someone with limited knowledge can set this up. As programmers it is also very hard to imagine, how someone not involved in the lingo reads the interfaces. <STRONG>Nonetheless, you DID IT! Congratulations.</STRONG></FONT></FONT></P>

As a new user, I have not yet spotted anything obvious as to how I can declare "local users".

I haven't managed to prevent "internal" mail from going via the ISP.
Based on the Help, it should be somewhere under core config, local domains.
I have tried many variations, but haven't hit on the correct one yet.

Environment :
Small office, users share a single incoming address, which is then distributed based on the headers.
The workstations connect to a single machine running Mercury.
The name of this machine is YMCSERV - it can be changed.
I made the "Internet name for this system" the same - YMCSERV
The machine collects and sends mail for users at 'technolib.coza'
The machine also collects and sends mail for users at 'agrilibrium.coza'
It also collects and sends for other emails 'domains' - users may have multiple email addresses

"Internal mail", between technolib users on the local LAN is going via the ISP.
(i.e. mail from james @ technolib.coza  to robin @ technolib.coza should not go via ISP)

Functional but unnecessary - I would appreciate any clues you have for me, please.

Robin 

<p>As a new user, I have not yet spotted anything obvious as to how I can declare "local users".</p><p>I haven't managed to prevent "internal" mail from going via the ISP. Based on the Help, it should be somewhere under core config, local domains. I have tried many variations, but haven't hit on the correct one yet. </p><p>Environment : Small office, users share a single incoming address, which is then distributed based on the headers. The workstations connect to a single machine running Mercury. The name of this machine is YMCSERV - it can be changed. I made the "Internet name for this system" the same - YMCSERV The machine collects and sends mail for users at 'technolib.coza' The machine also collects and sends mail for users at 'agrilibrium.coza' It also collects and sends for other emails 'domains' - users may have multiple email addresses </p><p>"Internal mail", between technolib users on the local LAN is going via the ISP. (i.e. mail from james @ technolib.coza  to robin @ technolib.coza should not go via ISP)</p><p> Functional but unnecessary - I would appreciate any clues you have for me, please. </p><p>Robin </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

What have you got in Configuration/Local users ?

paul

What have you got in Configuration/Local users ? paul

Hey, Paul

Examples to play with - from myself to myself:

Username  TechnoMail,  Personal Robin Martin<

1. Clear out all entries in Core/Local Domains.   
    Am able to send from robin@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza, but goes via ISP.
   (Core Process display shows robin@technolib.coza (non-local) as expected

2. Add Core/Local Domains . . . Host=TechnoMail, Internet name=robin@technolib.coza
   (Core Process display shows from (non-local) to (non-local)

3. Remove and Add Core/Local Domains . . . Host=TechnoMail, Internet name=technolib.coza
    Displays show all sorts of errors, robin@technolib.coza has invalid or illegal address
    Missing or malformed local part.
     Clear entries, retry a send - okay, but via ISP.

4. Remove and Add Core/Local Domains . . . DM=TechnoMail, Internet name=technolib.coza
    Okay, from local to local . . . looking good !

5.  Define second   James, Personal James De Vries
    Send mail from Robin to James.
    Bummer - arrives back into Domain mailbox, TechnoMail.

6.  Clear Local Domains, send from robin to james . . . works, but via ISP.

Predicament !!
I guess I don't understand the protocols or settings.

Hey, Paul Examples to play with - from myself to myself: &amp;nbsp;Username&amp;nbsp; TechnoMail,&amp;nbsp; Personal Robin Martin&amp;lt; 1. Clear out all entries in Core/Local Domains.&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Am able to send from robin@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza, but goes via ISP. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; (Core Process display shows robin@technolib.coza (non-local) as expected 2. Add Core/Local Domains . . . Host=TechnoMail, Internet name=robin@technolib.coza &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; (Core Process display shows from (non-local) to (non-local) 3. Remove and Add Core/Local Domains . . . Host=TechnoMail, Internet name=technolib.coza &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Displays show all sorts of errors, robin@technolib.coza has invalid or illegal address &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Missing or malformed local part. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Clear entries, retry a send - okay, but via ISP. 4. Remove and Add Core/Local Domains . . . DM=TechnoMail, Internet name=technolib.coza &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;Okay, from local to local . . . looking good ! 5.&amp;nbsp; Define second&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; James, Personal James De Vries &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;Send mail from Robin to James. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;Bummer - arrives back into Domain mailbox, TechnoMail. 6.&amp;nbsp; Clear Local Domains, send from robin to james . . . works, but via ISP. Predicament !! I guess I don&#039;t understand the protocols or settings.

[quote user="Methuselah"]Hey, Paul
3. Remove and Add Core/Local Domains . . . Host=TechnoMail, Internet name=technolib.coza
    Displays show all sorts of errors, robin@technolib.coza has invalid or illegal address
    Missing or malformed local part.
[/quote]

Getting there! Yes that local domain setting looks OK.   What about Local users? 

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Methuselah&quot;]Hey, Paul 3. Remove and Add Core/Local Domains . . . Host=TechnoMail, Internet name=technolib.coza &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Displays show all sorts of errors, robin@technolib.coza has invalid or illegal address &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Missing or malformed local part. [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Getting there! Yes that local domain setting looks OK.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; What about Local users?&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

If it is a local installation there is little need to use a domain mailbox.

Add local users, then their aliases.

To a local user you can receive whatever addresses.
Just like: papa@papa.com == mailbox1
and papa@mama.com == mailbox1

Your colleagues then receive their email via pop3, utilizing module MercuryP, from their respective mailboxes.

For a traditional local system, you'd write your full internet name in "internet name for this system" setting, not just the host.
If you're behind a nat routing, not with a public IP, you'd send via MercuryC otherwise preferrably via MercuryS.

&lt;P&gt;If it&amp;nbsp;is a local installation&amp;nbsp;there is little need to use a domain mailbox.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Add local users, then their aliases.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;To a local user you can receive whatever addresses. Just like: &lt;A href=&quot;mailto:papa@papa.com&quot;&gt;papa@papa.com&lt;/A&gt; == mailbox1 and &lt;A href=&quot;mailto:papa@mama.com&quot;&gt;papa@mama.com&lt;/A&gt; == mailbox1&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Your colleagues then receive their email via pop3, utilizing module MercuryP, from their respective mailboxes.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;For a traditional local system, you&#039;d write your full internet name in &quot;internet name for this system&quot; setting, not just the host. If you&#039;re behind a nat routing, not with a public IP, you&#039;d send via MercuryC otherwise preferrably via MercuryS.&lt;/P&gt;

Hi guys.

Perhaps a simplified diagram will help - to avoid ambiguity and give concrete names to what must be defined.

Only YMCSERV should need Internet acccess. Robin and Shiela can send from either address.
   I want to achieve the following routing with Mercury :-

1.  From robin@technolib.coza   to   accounts@agrilib.coza - local, via Mercury only
2.  From robin@technolib.coza   to   farmer@agrilib.coza - remote, via Mercury, to ISP Main, to ISP2
3.  From farmer@agrilib.coza   to   robin@agrilib.coza - ISP2, via Mercury, to Robin

4.  From james@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza - local, via Mercury only 

5.  From salesman@newbus.com  to   accounts@technolib.coza - ISP2, to ISP Main, via Mercury to Shiela

> If it is a local installation there is little need to use a domain mailbox.
I agree with not wanting the domain mailbox - tried in attempt to avoid local-mail-via-ISP.

> Add local users, then their aliases.
I have no aliases defined - is this the problem ?
Should I define an alias-email for each mailbox, e.g. Alias={mailboxname} Real Address={robin@technolib.coza}

> For a traditional local system, you'd write your full internet name in "internet name for this system" setting, not just the host.
As per diagram, there is no "full internet name" . . . we can make one up if needed, it must serve multiple domains internally.

> If you're behind a nat routing, not with a public IP, you'd send via MercuryC otherwise preferrably via MercuryS.
Not behind NAT, just firewall (M0n0wall box)

We can change anything necessary to get this working.
I suspect it's purely some config things I don't understand rightly. 

&lt;p&gt;Hi guys.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; Perhaps a simplified diagram will help - to avoid ambiguity and give concrete names to what must be defined.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.thelibriumgroup.co.za/technolibrium/SimpleLAN.jpg&quot; mce_src=&quot;http://www.thelibriumgroup.co.za/technolibrium/SimpleLAN.jpg&quot;&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; Only YMCSERV should need Internet acccess. Robin and Shiela can send from either address. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; I want to achieve the following routing with Mercury :-&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;1.&amp;nbsp; From robin@technolib.coza &amp;nbsp; to&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; accounts@agrilib.coza - local, via Mercury only 2.&amp;nbsp; From robin@technolib.coza &amp;nbsp; to&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; farmer@agrilib.coza - remote, via Mercury, to ISP Main, to ISP2 3.&amp;nbsp; From farmer@agrilib.coza &amp;nbsp; to&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; robin@agrilib.coza - ISP2, via Mercury, to Robin &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;4.&amp;nbsp; From james@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza - local, via Mercury only&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;5.&amp;nbsp; From salesman@newbus.com&amp;nbsp; to&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; accounts@technolib.coza - ISP2, to ISP Main, via Mercury to Shiela &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt; If it&amp;nbsp;is a local installation&amp;nbsp;there is little need to use a domain mailbox. I agree with not wanting the domain mailbox - tried in attempt to avoid local-mail-via-ISP. &lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&amp;gt; Add local users, then their aliases. I have no aliases defined - is this the problem ? Should I define an alias-email for each mailbox, e.g. Alias={mailboxname} Real Address={robin@technolib.coza} &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt; For a traditional local system, you&#039;d write your full internet name in &quot;internet name for this system&quot; setting, not just the host. As per diagram, there is no &quot;full internet name&quot; . . . we can make one up if needed, it must serve multiple domains internally. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp;If you&#039;re behind a nat routing, not with a public IP, you&#039;d send via MercuryC otherwise preferrably via MercuryS. Not behind NAT, just firewall (M0n0wall box) &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;We can change anything necessary to get this working. I suspect it&#039;s purely some config things I don&#039;t understand rightly.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Just one question - when you write '.coza' do you mean '.co.za'  ?  coza is not a valid TLD is it?

Just one question - when you write &#039;.coza&#039; do you mean &#039;.co.za&#039;&amp;nbsp; ?&amp;nbsp; coza is not a valid TLD is it?

[:D]  Yeah, edited email addresses to discourage spam-bot harvesting.

&lt;p&gt;[:D]&amp;nbsp; Yeah, edited email addresses to discourage spam-bot harvesting.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Methuselah"] > Add local users, then their aliases.
I have no aliases defined - is this the problem ?
Should I define an alias-email for each mailbox, e.g. Alias={mailboxname} Real Address={robin@technolib.coza}[/quote]

Yes, define as many aliases as you like to each mailbox. You may also define aliases that route email off your Mercury install.

[quote user="Methuselah"]> For a traditional local system, you'd write your full internet name in "internet name for this system" setting, not just the host.
As per diagram, there is no "full internet name" . . . we can make one up if needed, it must serve multiple domains internally.[/quote]

Postmaster is made up of, postmaster@"internet name for this system", so it doesn't matter that you give it the truthful name, just so that e-mails back to you get back, ie that "internet name for this system" resolves and gives a valid mx-pointer.

&lt;P&gt;[quote user=&quot;Methuselah&quot;] &amp;gt; Add local users, then their aliases. I have no aliases defined - is this the problem ? Should I define an alias-email for each mailbox, e.g. Alias={mailboxname} Real Address={robin@technolib.coza}[/quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Yes, define as many aliases as you like to each mailbox. You may also define aliases that route email off your Mercury install.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;[quote user=&quot;Methuselah&quot;]&amp;gt; For a traditional local system, you&#039;d write your full internet name in &quot;internet name for this system&quot; setting, not just the host. As per diagram, there is no &quot;full internet name&quot; . . . we can make one up if needed, it must serve multiple domains internally.[/quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Postmaster is made up of, postmaster@&quot;internet name for this system&quot;, so it doesn&#039;t matter that you give it the truthful name, just so that e-mails back to you get back, ie that &quot;internet name for this system&quot; resolves and gives a valid mx-pointer.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;

So, let us see if we can send an email from Robin to Robin, i.e. robin@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza

What should our system parameters look like ?

Local Users:

Core/Local Domain:
  LocalHost = TechnoMail, Internet name = robin@technolib.coza

Aliases:
  None

Does not work, email goes via ISPMain to ISP1 and back again. 

&lt;p&gt;So, let us see if we can send an email from Robin to Robin, i.e. robin@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;What should our system parameters look like ?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Local Users: &amp;nbsp;Username=TechnoMail, Personal Name = Robin Martin &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Core/Local Domain: &amp;nbsp; LocalHost = TechnoMail, Internet name = robin@technolib.coza&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Aliases: &amp;nbsp; None&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Does not work, email goes via ISPMain to ISP1 and back again.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Next try at sending an email from Robin to Robin, i.e. robin@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza

System configuration is :-

Local Users:

Core/Local Domain:

Aliases:

None

Bounce Mercury and try again.
Does not work, Mercury Core Process display shows error message:
 Job MG000001: from robin@technolib.cozaJobhas invalid or illegal address.

Postmaster message later on:
 Job MG000003: from <> local
 User <robin@technolib.coza> not known at this site.

&lt;p&gt;Next try at sending an email from Robin to Robin, i.e. robin@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;System configuration is :-&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Local Users: &amp;nbsp;Username=TechnoMail, Personal Name = Robin Martin &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Core/Local Domain: &amp;nbsp; LocalHost = YMCSERV, Internet name = technolib.coza&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Aliases: &amp;nbsp; None&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Bounce Mercury and try again. Does not work, Mercury Core Process display shows error message: &amp;nbsp;Job MG000001: from robin@technolib.cozaJobhas invalid or illegal address.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Postmaster message later on: &amp;nbsp;Job MG000003: from &amp;lt;&amp;gt; local &amp;nbsp;User &amp;lt;robin@technolib.coza&amp;gt; not known at this site. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Next try at sending an email from Robin to Robin, i.e. robin@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza

Local Users:

Core/Local Domain:

Aliases:

Alias=TechnoMail, Real address=robin@technolib.coza

Also does not work, Mercury Core Process display shows error message:
 Job MG000001: from robin@technolib.cozaJobhas invalid or illegal address.

Postmaster message later on:
 Job MG000003: from <> local
 User <robin@technolib.coza> not known at this site.

Mail not returned or anything, just goes nowhere 

&lt;p&gt;Next try at sending an email from Robin to Robin, i.e. robin@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;System configuration is :-&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Local Users: &amp;nbsp;Username=TechnoMail, Personal Name = Robin Martin &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Core/Local Domain: &amp;nbsp; LocalHost = YMCSERV, Internet name = technolib.coza&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Aliases: &amp;nbsp; Alias=TechnoMail, Real address=robin@technolib.coza &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; Bounce Mercury and try again. Also does not work, Mercury Core Process display shows error message: &amp;nbsp;Job MG000001: from robin@technolib.cozaJobhas invalid or illegal address.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Postmaster message later on: &amp;nbsp;Job MG000003: from &amp;lt;&amp;gt; local &amp;nbsp;User &amp;lt;robin@technolib.coza&amp;gt; not known at this site.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Mail not returned or anything, just goes nowhere&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Let's try a different format of the alias - switch it around.

Local Users:

Core/Local Domain:

Aliases:

THIS WORKS - via Mercury spooler only . . .  at last !!

&lt;div class=&quot;ForumPostBodyArea&quot;&gt; &lt;div id=&quot;ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl12_PostViewWrapper&quot; class=&quot;ForumPostContentText&quot;&gt; &lt;p&gt;Next try at sending an email from Robin to Robin, i.e. robin@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza Let&#039;s try a different format of the alias - switch it around. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;System configuration is :-&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Local Users: &amp;nbsp;Username=TechnoMail, Personal Name = Robin Martin &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Core/Local Domain: &amp;nbsp; LocalHost = YMCSERV, Internet name = technolib.coza&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Aliases: &amp;nbsp; Alias=robin@technolib.coza, Real address=TechnoMail &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; Bounce Mercury and try again. THIS WORKS - via Mercury spooler only . . .&amp;nbsp; at last !!&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/div&gt;

For interest sake, when sending an email from Robin to Robin, i.e. robin@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza
Let's see if we can remove the local domain entry.

Local Users:

Core/Local Domain:

Nothing

Aliases:

This still works . . . via Mercury spooler only.

&lt;div class=&quot;ForumPostBodyArea&quot;&gt; &lt;div id=&quot;ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl13_PostViewWrapper&quot; class=&quot;ForumPostContentText&quot;&gt; &lt;div class=&quot;ForumPostBodyArea&quot;&gt; &lt;div id=&quot;ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl12_PostViewWrapper&quot; class=&quot;ForumPostContentText&quot;&gt; &lt;p&gt;For interest sake, when sending an email from Robin to Robin, i.e. robin@technolib.coza to robin@technolib.coza Let&#039;s see if we can remove the local domain entry. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;System configuration is :-&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Local Users: &amp;nbsp;Username=TechnoMail, Personal Name = Robin Martin &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Core/Local Domain: &amp;nbsp; Nothing&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Aliases: &amp;nbsp; Alias=robin@technolib.coza, Real address=TechnoMail &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; Bounce Mercury and try again. This still works . . . via Mercury spooler only. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt;

Finally, let's test from Robin to James, i.e. robin@technolib.coza to james@technolib.coza

Local Users:

Username=James, Personal Name = James De Vries 

Core/Local Domain:

Nothing

Aliases:

Alias=james@technolib.coza, Real address=James

Bounce Mercury and try it.
Excellent . . . via Mercury spooler only.

Note:  I think my confusion was that I had the terminology "reversed".
    To me, the "real world address" meant the email address, <robin@technolib.coza>.
   "TechnoMail" exists only as a Mercury internal mailbox name, not anywhere else.

&lt;p&gt;Finally, let&#039;s test from Robin to James, i.e. robin@technolib.coza to james@technolib.coza &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;System configuration is :-&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Local Users: &amp;nbsp;Username=TechnoMail, Personal Name = Robin Martin &amp;nbsp;Username=James, Personal Name = James De Vries&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Core/Local Domain: &amp;nbsp; Nothing&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Aliases: &amp;nbsp; Alias=robin@technolib.coza, Real address=TechnoMail &amp;nbsp; Alias=james@technolib.coza, Real address=James &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; Bounce Mercury and try it. Excellent . . . via Mercury spooler only.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Note:&amp;nbsp; I think my confusion was that I had the terminology &quot;reversed&quot;. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; To me, the &quot;real world address&quot; meant the email address, &amp;lt;robin@technolib.coza&amp;gt;. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &quot;TechnoMail&quot; exists only as a Mercury internal mailbox name, not anywhere else. &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft