Community Discussions and Support
"Best" addressing option for Pegasus Mail w/ Mercury/32

Personally I setup addressbooks and dist. list using a full SMTP address in the form "FirstName Lastname"<user@example.com>  This way the username is part of the email address and the address is fully definitive no matter how it's delivered.  In addition I use the Mercury/32 PH server pointing at the system addressbook so that the POP3 users of Pegasus Mail can also access this addresbook.  One of these days there will be a LDAP server as well so that will add a lot more capability for a number of other email clients.

&lt;p&gt;Personally I setup addressbooks and dist. list using a full SMTP address in the form &quot;FirstName Lastname&quot;&amp;lt;user@example.com&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp; This way the username is part of the email address and the address is fully definitive no matter how it&#039;s delivered.&amp;nbsp; In addition I use the Mercury/32 PH server pointing at the system addressbook so that the POP3 users of Pegasus Mail can also access this addresbook.&amp;nbsp; One of these days there will be a LDAP server as well so that will add a lot more capability for a number of other email clients. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I was wondering what is the "best" way to set up address books? I have Mercury/32 looking for messages in queue directories on my servers. Mercury has all aliases set to username@mydomain.com mapped to username/servername. Pegasus Mail has Addressbooks that have username/servername for the e-mail address. My Distribution Lists only have the first and last names (Name or alias in Addressbooks).

One nice thing about this configuration is that I can stop and start my Mercury server and the non internet addressed messages will still deliver server to server. The slight problem is using a web interface (I use mail2web and IMAP) and the from line will show "username/servername" - this forces you to edit the reply to address or delivery will fail. I think I tried using a synonym file but they seem to only work if you store mail at the Mercury server (my messages are stored on the fileservers). What is my best option?

&lt;p&gt;I was wondering what is the &quot;best&quot; way to set up address books? I have Mercury/32 looking for messages in queue directories on my servers. Mercury has all aliases set to username@mydomain.com mapped to username/servername. Pegasus Mail has Addressbooks that have username/servername for the e-mail address. My Distribution Lists only have the first and last names (Name or alias in Addressbooks). &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;One nice thing about this configuration is that I can stop and start my Mercury server and the non internet addressed messages will still deliver server to server. The slight problem is using a web interface (I use mail2web and IMAP) and the from line will show &quot;username/servername&quot; - this forces you to edit the reply to address or delivery will fail. I think I tried using a synonym file but they seem to only work if you store mail at the Mercury server (my messages are stored on the fileservers). What is my best option?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft