Community Discussions and Support
Choosing Identities when sending Mail

For sending a new message there is no default id. You can howevere use the new mail form, where the id drop down box in right on the mail window below the Cc field. Set that is Tools -> options -> Messages and replies, the "identity selector" checkbox.

For reply and forward you can set a default identity for each folder. So when you filter specific incoming mail in a folder and reply from out of that folder the identity set as default in the folder will be used. Rightmouse when you are on a folder in the folderslisting to set it.

<P>For sending a new message there is no default id. You can howevere use the new mail form, where the id drop down box in right on the mail window below the Cc field. Set that is Tools -> options -> Messages and replies, the "identity selector" checkbox.</P> <P>For reply and forward you can set a default identity for each folder. So when you filter specific incoming mail in a folder and reply from out of that folder the identity set as default in the folder will be used. Rightmouse when you are on a folder in the folderslisting to set it.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

First off I would like to thank David. I don't remembre when I started using Pmail but I recall that it ran just fine on a '286

I use more than one identity,but I use one in particular on a regualar basis. Is there a way to have Pmail ask what identity you want to use when you hit send? I am constantly sending from the wrong identity because that is the one that I use the most.

<p>First off I would like to thank David. I don't remembre when I started using Pmail but I recall that it ran just fine on a '286</p><p>I use more than one identity,but I use one in particular on a regualar basis. Is there a way to have Pmail ask what identity you want to use when you hit send? I am constantly sending from the wrong identity because that is the one that I use the most.</p><p> </p>

I am continually doing the same thing  :)

So many options depend on the identity, waiting until 'send' is probably too late, but I find that putting the identity box on the first compose tab (Options/Messages and Repiles - add identity selector) is a good help.

<p>I am continually doing the same thing  :)</p><p>So many options depend on the identity, waiting until 'send' is probably too late, but I find that putting the identity box on the first compose tab (Options/Messages and Repiles - add identity selector) is a good help.</p><p> </p>

I have the identity box up there, but it is just too much of a reflext to hit send with out thinking about it. Is there a way to FORCE me to choose an identity either before I compose / reply or when I hit send.

Maybe a script can be hooked in to it.

<p> </p><p>I have the identity box up there, but it is just too much of a reflext to hit send with out thinking about it. Is there a way to FORCE me to choose an identity either before I compose / reply or when I hit send.</p><p>Maybe a script can be hooked in to it.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft