Community Discussions and Support
Outbound queue

[quote user="Slab"]

I just had a problem with the outbound mail queue freezing.  What happened is a spam message came in with an invalid email address going to an invalid email address (invalid1@mydomain.com to invalid2@mydomain.com)  What happens is that a return notice keeps bouncing in the queue trying to send the non delivery receipt to an email address that doesn't exist internally.  Is there anyway to prevent this from happening.  I've had messages get stuck in the queue before, but this is the first time it actually hung processing.

Almost forgot.  It is running on a Win2k server.

[/quote]

What I do is turn all mail being received for invalid local users in MercuryS.  If mail is received via MercuryD leave the local user blank so that Mercury core delivers the mail and mail for all invalid users goes to the default user without a bounce.  With this setup MercuryS rejects the message before it's received so no bounce message is generated.  With mail received via MercuryD the default user processes it as desired.

[quote user="Slab"]<p>I just had a problem with the outbound mail queue freezing.  What happened is a spam message came in with an invalid email address going to an invalid email address (<a href="mailto:invalid1@mydomain.com" mce_href="mailto:invalid1@mydomain.com">invalid1@mydomain.com</a> to <a href="mailto:invalid2@mydomain.com" mce_href="mailto:invalid2@mydomain.com">invalid2@mydomain.com</a>)  What happens is that a return notice keeps bouncing in the queue trying to send the non delivery receipt to an email address that doesn't exist internally.  Is there anyway to prevent this from happening.  I've had messages get stuck in the queue before, but this is the first time it actually hung processing.</p> <p>Almost forgot.  It is running on a Win2k server.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>What I do is turn all mail being received for invalid local users in MercuryS.  If mail is received via MercuryD leave the local user blank so that Mercury core delivers the mail and mail for all invalid users goes to the default user without a bounce.  With this setup MercuryS rejects the message before it's received so no bounce message is generated.  With mail received via MercuryD the default user processes it as desired.</p><p> </p><p>  </p>

I just had a problem with the outbound mail queue freezing.  What happend is a spam message came in with an invalid email address going to an invalid email address (invalid1@mydomain.com to invalid2@mydomain.com)  What happens is that a return notice keeps bouncing in the queue trying to send the non delivery receipt to an email address that doesn't exist internally.  Is there anyway to prevent this from happening.  I've had messages get stuck in the queue before, but this is the first time it actually hung processing.

Almost forgot.  It is running on a Win2k server.

<P>I just had a problem with the outbound mail queue freezing.  What happend is a spam message came in with an invalid email address going to an invalid email address (<A href="mailto:invalid1@mydomain.com" mce_href="mailto:invalid1@mydomain.com">invalid1@mydomain.com</A> to <A href="mailto:invalid2@mydomain.com" mce_href="mailto:invalid2@mydomain.com">invalid2@mydomain.com</A>)  What happens is that a return notice keeps bouncing in the queue trying to send the non delivery receipt to an email address that doesn't exist internally.  Is there anyway to prevent this from happening.  I've had messages get stuck in the queue before, but this is the first time it actually hung processing.</P> <P>Almost forgot.  It is running on a Win2k server.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft