Mercury FAQ
How to Block ALL non-local user external emails from system

We have a gaming clan that has members worldwide. We want to have the

ability to email freely between all members registered with the server

from anywhere in the world but only from their clan email address.

Another idea.  Put all of the valid addresses in a distribution list and then use a scan list filter to only accept mail from the email addresses on the list. The filter would look like the following rule.  In this case is the address is not in the dist. list friends'pml is gets moved to a spam user mail directory.  I use this with another rule to block mail to a mailing list.

If not ListScan "@c:\\pmail\\mail\\thomas\\friends.pml" Move "@s:\\pmail\\mail\\spamscan"

<blockquote>We have a gaming clan that has members worldwide. We want to have the ability to email freely between all members registered with the server from anywhere in the world but only from their clan email address.</blockquote><p>Another idea.  Put all of the valid addresses in a distribution list and then use a scan list filter to only accept mail from the email addresses on the list. The filter would look like the following rule.  In this case is the address is not in the dist. list friends'pml is gets moved to a spam user mail directory.  I use this with another rule to block mail to a mailing list. </p>If not ListScan "@c:\\pmail\\mail\\thomas\\friends.pml" Move "@s:\\pmail\\mail\\spamscan"<p> </p>

We have a gaming clan that has members worldwide. We want to have the ability to email freely between all members registered with the server from anywhere in the world but only from their clan email address. We want no outside email to be relayed to any member even if its from a members alt account such as Hotmail etc. I tried using the strict relay restriction, the SMTP Auth restriction and everything still gets through. I know there has to be a way to block all emails that are not legitimate users on the server I just can't find it. I have gone through the help files, and pounded through almost 70 pages of forums postings but can't seem to find the right answer to this. I get things that look promising but then the posting are for something entirely different then what I expected to see from the headers. Please Help

System INFO

W2K Server

Xammp 1.6.6a

Mercury Ver 4.62

Registered Domain Name YES

All MX Records up and working correctly YES

All incoming and outgoing emails work fine using 25 w/alt 587 & 110

<P>We have a gaming clan that has members worldwide. We want to have the ability to email freely between all members registered with the server from anywhere in the world but only from their clan email address. We want no outside email to be relayed to any member even if its from a members alt account such as Hotmail etc. I tried using the strict relay restriction, the SMTP Auth restriction and everything still gets through. I know there has to be a way to block all emails that are not legitimate users on the server I just can't find it. I have gone through the help files, and pounded through almost 70 pages of forums postings but can't seem to find the right answer to this. I get things that look promising but then the posting are for something entirely different then what I expected to see from the headers. Please Help</P> <P>System INFO</P> <P>W2K Server</P> <P>Xammp 1.6.6a</P> <P>Mercury Ver 4.62</P> <P>Registered Domain Name YES</P> <P>All MX Records up and working correctly YES</P> <P>All incoming and outgoing emails work fine using 25 w/alt 587 & 110</P>

Mercury is designed to accept all valid mail addressed to valid local users, as that is what a mail server should do.

In your special case you could use an SMTP transaction filter (Config - MercS - Compliance)

This line added to "Transflt.mer" should work (not tested YMMV)

M, "*@yourdomain*", B-N, "554 Private Server - Go Away!"

Means - check MAIL FROM command, for "match string", and (B) issue an error response then drop the connection immediately -  (N) for NON-MATCHING transactions, "error response string"

<p>Mercury is designed to accept all valid mail addressed to valid local users, as that is what a mail server should do.</p><p>In your special case you could use an SMTP transaction filter (Config - MercS - Compliance)</p><p> </p><p>This line added to "Transflt.mer" should work (not tested YMMV) </p><p>M, "*@yourdomain*", B-N, "554 Private Server - Go Away!"  </p><p>Means - check <b>M</b>AIL FROM command, for <b>"match string", </b>and <b>(B</b>) issue an error response then drop the connection immediately -  (<b>N</b>) for NON-MATCHING transactions, "<b>error response string</b>"</p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft