My Distributing POP3 Client has been set to download mail for three accounts on my ISP's server. Two are working correctly, but one results in the message "File creation error. - Network Error; delivering anyway." when polling takes place. There is mail for that account, but it is being left on my ISP's server.
Any ideas what may be causing this and what the solution might be?
Prior to this, all accounts have functioned correctly for many months.
Further to the above, I have now set up a normal POP3 account on Outlook Express for the problem account. This manages to pull down all of the mail except, possibly, one message. I receive an error message, saying:
Message number 1 could not be retrieved. Account: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Server: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR problem retrieving message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD
Maybe one of the messages on the server has been corrupted.
It seems that there was a problem with one message on the server. I downloaded all of the messages for the problem account, without leaving messages on the server. I then received the error message noted above. I then went into the account using my ISP's webmail app and one message was left behind. I delted this. I then sent a test message to the account and Mercury was able to download it. I have no idea what was wrong with the message that I had to delete, as I had no means of analyzing it through webmail.