Community Discussions and Support
AW: Retaining the attachment file name when an attachment is opened before saving.

Hi Peggy,

Thanks for your reply. I am glad to hear that I am not the only problem who sees this type of attachment name. I do agree that it is more of an inconvenience than anything else. I like to use Pegasus to catalogue my emails and their attachments, and it would be nice to be able to download my email, open an email and click on the attachment and have the correct attachment name displayed without first saving it a second time to my hard drive.

If anyone has seen this problem and found a way around the inconvenience, I would be grateful for your input.

Thanks again, Tony.

<P>Hi Peggy,</P> <P>Thanks for your reply. I am glad to hear that I am not the only problem who sees this type of attachment name. I do agree that it is more of an inconvenience than anything else. I like to use Pegasus to catalogue my emails and their attachments, and it would be nice to be able to download my email, open an email and click on the attachment and have the correct attachment name displayed without first saving it a second time to my hard drive.</P> <P>If anyone has seen this problem and found a way around the inconvenience, I would be grateful for your input.</P> <P> Thanks again, Tony.</P>

I have noticed that when I open an attachment, whether it is an excel spreadsheet, JPG, word doc, adobe, etc, that the attachment is named something like WPM$0D66. If I have three or four spreadsheets opened, my Excel will display, WPM$1B51, WPM$3D1B, WPM$0D66. All attachment names seem to begin with WPM$, and the last part of the name has no obvious reference to the attachments' original name.

If I elect to save the attachments to my hard drive, the original attachment name is the default name to be saved, however opening the attachment without first saving results in a WPM$XXXX name. I have searched through the FAQ section, and I haven't seen a previous User's comments to a problem like this, so if anyone has seen this before, or has some suggestions in correcting the problem, I would be very grateful for the feedback.

Best regards, Tony.

<P>I have noticed that when I open an attachment, whether it is an excel spreadsheet, JPG, word doc, adobe, etc, that the attachment is named something like WPM$0D66. If I have three or four spreadsheets opened, my Excel will display, WPM$1B51, WPM$3D1B, WPM$0D66. All attachment names seem to begin with WPM$, and the last part of the name has no obvious reference to the attachments' original name. </P> <P> If I elect to save the attachments to my hard drive, the original attachment name is the default name to be saved, however opening the attachment without first saving results in a WPM$XXXX name. I have searched through the FAQ section, and I haven't seen a previous User's comments to a problem like this, so if anyone has seen this before, or has some suggestions in correcting the problem, I would be very grateful for the feedback.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Best regards, Tony.</P>

[quote user="TonyL"]

I have noticed that when I open an attachment, whether it is an excel spreadsheet, JPG, word doc, adobe, etc, that the attachment is named something like WPM$0D66. If I have three or four spreadsheets opened, my Excel will display, WPM$1B51, WPM$3D1B, WPM$0D66. All attachment names seem to begin with WPM$, and the last part of the name has no obvious reference to the attachments' original name.

If I elect to save the attachments to my hard drive, the original attachment name is the default name to be saved, however opening the attachment without first saving results in a WPM$XXXX name. I have searched through the FAQ section, and I haven't seen a previous User's comments to a problem like this, so if anyone has seen this before, or has some suggestions in correcting the problem, I would be very grateful for the feedback.

Best regards, Tony.

[/quote]

I see this always when I open an attachment without first saving on H-Disk.  This is normal. I don`t have problems with this, it is only a temp - name.  

Regards

[quote user="TonyL"] <P>I have noticed that when I open an attachment, whether it is an excel spreadsheet, JPG, word doc, adobe, etc, that the attachment is named something like WPM$0D66. If I have three or four spreadsheets opened, my Excel will display, WPM$1B51, WPM$3D1B, WPM$0D66. All attachment names seem to begin with WPM$, and the last part of the name has no obvious reference to the attachments' original name. </P> <P> If I elect to save the attachments to my hard drive, the original attachment name is the default name to be saved, however opening the attachment without first saving results in a WPM$XXXX name. I have searched through the FAQ section, and I haven't seen a previous User's comments to a problem like this, so if anyone has seen this before, or has some suggestions in correcting the problem, I would be very grateful for the feedback.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Best regards, Tony.</P> <P>[/quote]</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>I see this always when I open an attachment without first saving on H-Disk.  This is normal. I don`t have problems with this, it is only a temp - name.  </P> <P>Regards</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft