Developer's musings
Current status of Mercury/32 v4.6

Just a short posting to let you know that there should be a minor update release of Mercury/32 v4.6, probably with the version number v4.7, late in February.

The changes will not be gigantic - mostly bug fixes and small incremental improvements, such as allowing IMAP connections via direct-connect SSL.

We have begun a significant redevelopment process on some of the core innards of Mercury - most specifically the folder management layer and the user database subsystem: these changes, along with increased Windows integration, native service support, and increased web management capabilities will be the focus of our work this year (although I do have one "surprise" feature coming up in the next few months that I believe many sites will find extremely useful).

While I hate putting in shameless plugs, times are very hard, and all license purchases for Mercury are gratefully received at the moment. Furthermore, if you know of people you think might benefit from Mercury, please introduce them to it - the more the word gets around, the more likely it is that the program can continue to thrive.

Cheers!

-- David --

<p>Just a short posting to let you know that there should be a minor update release of Mercury/32 v4.6, probably with the version number v4.7, late in February. The changes will not be gigantic - mostly bug fixes and small incremental improvements, such as allowing IMAP connections via direct-connect SSL. We have begun a significant redevelopment process on some of the core innards of Mercury - most specifically the folder management layer and the user database subsystem: these changes, along with increased Windows integration, native service support, and increased web management capabilities will be the focus of our work this year (although I do have one "surprise" feature coming up in the next few months that I believe many sites will find extremely useful). While I hate putting in shameless plugs, times are very hard, and all license purchases for Mercury are gratefully received at the moment. Furthermore, if you know of people you think might benefit from Mercury, please introduce them to it - the more the word gets around, the more likely it is that the program can continue to thrive. Cheers! -- David -- </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft