Community Discussions and Support
Forwarding EMail to a mailing list

4.01b

I managed to get it working, but it's a real kludge.

• I deleted myself, user "Pete" from Mercury
  • I created a new user called mailbox which I now send with a reply-to of "pete@"
  • I created a mailing list "Pete"
  • I created a mailing list "Tmob" for my T-Mobile device with no welcome nor farewell file and made the mobile device address a moderator and active subscriber
  • I created a mailing list "Cing" for my Cingular device with no welcome nor farewell file and made the mobile device address a moderator and active subscriber
  • I subscribed mailbox, tmob, and cing to Pete

I can now do what I wanted. EMailing maiser@mydomain

add tmob any@email blah
mset any@email tmob nomail

will forward that address to the device, and

remove tmob any@email

will stop forwarding. (I replace "tmob" with "cing" to do the same from my cingular device). But like I said, it's kludgy.

<p>4.01b</p><p> I managed to get it working, but it's a real kludge.</p><ul><li>I deleted myself, user "Pete" from Mercury </li><li>I created a new user called mailbox which I now send with a reply-to of "pete@"</li><li>I created a mailing list "Pete"</li><li>I created a mailing list "Tmob" for my T-Mobile device with no welcome nor farewell file and made the mobile device address a moderator and active subscriber </li><li>I created a mailing list "Cing" for my Cingular device with no welcome nor farewell file and made the mobile device address a moderator and active subscriber</li><li>I subscribed mailbox, tmob, and cing to Pete</li></ul><p>I can now do what I wanted. EMailing maiser@mydomain </p><p>add tmob any@email blah mset any@email tmob nomail</p><p>will forward that address to the device, and </p><p>remove tmob any@email will stop forwarding. (I replace "tmob" with "cing" to do the same from my cingular device). But like I said, it's kludgy. </p>

When I use a global rule to forward EMail to a mailing list, the

mailing list never "executes". The core window says that message has

been forwarded to <listname>, but the list never "explodes" and

sends any mail.

My intent was to forward all of my own EMail to a

list, and use that list to selectively forward them to my mobile

device.  This would allow me to stop/start delivery to my mobile on a

global or per-user basis -- from the mobile device -- by using MSET,

ADD, REMOVE, etc.

How can I get it to work?

&lt;p&gt;When I use a global rule to forward EMail to a mailing list, the mailing list never &quot;executes&quot;. The core window says that message has been forwarded to &amp;lt;listname&amp;gt;, but the list never &quot;explodes&quot; and sends any mail.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;My intent was to forward all of my own EMail to a list, and use that list to selectively forward them to my mobile device.&amp;nbsp; This would allow me to stop/start delivery to my mobile on a global or per-user basis -- from the mobile device -- by using MSET, ADD, REMOVE, etc. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;How can I get it to work?&lt;/p&gt;

If you just sent a normal message to the mailing list does it work correctly, ie get sent to your mobile device?

If you just sent a normal message to the mailing list does it work correctly, ie get sent to your mobile device?

The mailing executes normally. Again, it does not execute when a message is forwarded to it by a general rule.

The mailing executes normally. Again, it does not execute when a message is forwarded to it by a general rule.

I know that it use to work, I have a very extensive global rule set that automatically forwards emails to a number of destinations (noticeboards, users, mailing lists), but having a look at it again it looks like it may be having issues forwarding to mailing lists too. What version of Mercury/32 are you using?  I will try to do some tests on my copies of Mercury/32 and see if I can get an answer for you.

Lex

&lt;p&gt;I know that it use to work, I have a very extensive global rule set that automatically forwards emails to a number of destinations (noticeboards, users, mailing lists), but having a look at it again it looks like it may be having issues forwarding to mailing lists too. What version of Mercury/32 are you using?&amp;nbsp; I will try to do some tests on my copies of Mercury/32 and see if I can get an answer for you.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Lex &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft