Community Discussions and Support
How to configure mercury for multiple domains

[quote user="caraudiovideo"]Thanks, that is leading me in the right direction. Would it be easier for me to simply set up multiple instances of Mercury? I only have 1 external IP and can only forward traffic to one internal IP.

instance1: domain1.com on ip 192.168.1.2

instance2: domain2.com on ip 192.168.1.2[/quote]

Multiple instances of Mercury is required but the servers should be running on different ports if all are on the same system.  One of the servers would be the gateway server and puts mail into domain mailboxes for the domains not served on the system.  The other systems would get the mail via SMTP to the different SMTP ports (i.e. 8025, 2525, 1025, etc) using WSMTPEx.exe or pulled from the gateway system via MercuryD.  I like the push via WSMTPEx but the pull via MercuryD works as well as long as you use the X-Envelope-To: header for mail delivery.

<blockquote>[quote user="caraudiovideo"]Thanks, that is leading me in the right direction. Would it be easier for me to simply set up multiple instances of Mercury? I only have 1 external IP and can only forward traffic to one internal IP.</blockquote><blockquote><p>instance1: domain1.com on ip 192.168.1.2</p><p>instance2: domain2.com on ip 192.168.1.2[/quote]</p></blockquote><p>Multiple instances of Mercury is required but the servers should be running on different ports if all are on the same system.  One of the servers would be the gateway server and puts mail into domain mailboxes for the domains not served on the system.  The other systems would get the mail via SMTP to the different SMTP ports (i.e. 8025, 2525, 1025, etc) using WSMTPEx.exe or pulled from the gateway system via MercuryD.  I like the push via WSMTPEx but the pull via MercuryD works as well as long as you use the X-Envelope-To: header for mail delivery. </p>

I have a working mercury install on server 2003. I have many domain dames that come into 1 external IP address. I use port forwarding on my router to send smtp and pop3 to my dedicated email server that has 1 private IP address. I have set everythhing up for domain1.com and it works fine. How do I configure it to now handle all of my other domains? I've looked around for a few days and I'm a bit confused.

In the domain module I currently have the "Internet name for thissystem" set to my first domain, like, domain1.com

In in the local domains tab I have the following:
Local Host or server                                     Internet Name
----------------------------                                     ---------------------
domain1                                                     domain1
domain1                                                     domain1.com
domain1                                                     mail.domain1.com
domain1                                                     [192.168.10.50] (this is my internal ip leading to the router - also, the oonly NIC on the server)
domain2                                                     domain2
domain2                                                     domain2.com
domain2                                                     mail.domain2.com
domain2                                                     [192.168.10.50] (again, the only ip and NIC on the server...)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is this all correct?

edit: I think I'm on the right track, now the smtp is announcing that the we not not relay non-local mail - when I try to send mail to a test account on domain2 such as test@domain2.com

<P>I have a working mercury install on server 2003. I have many domain dames that come into 1 external IP address. I use port forwarding on my router to send smtp and pop3 to my dedicated email server that has 1 private IP address. I have set everythhing up for domain1.com and it works fine. How do I configure it to now handle all of my other domains? I've looked around for a few days and I'm a bit confused.</P> <P> In the domain module I currently have the "Internet name for thissystem" set to my first domain, like, domain1.com</P> <P>In in the local domains tab I have the following: Local Host or server                                     Internet Name ----------------------------                                     --------------------- domain1                                                     domain1 domain1                                                     domain1.com domain1                                                     mail.domain1.com domain1                                                     [192.168.10.50] (this is my internal ip leading to the router - also, the oonly NIC on the server) domain2                                                     domain2 domain2                                                     domain2.com domain2                                                     mail.domain2.com domain2                                                     [192.168.10.50] (again, the only ip and NIC on the server...)</P> <P> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------</P> <P>is this all correct?</P> <P>edit: I think I'm on the right track, now the smtp is announcing that the we not not relay non-local mail - when I try to send mail to a test account on domain2 such as <A href="mailto:test@domain2.com">test@domain2.com</A></P>

[quote user="caraudiovideo"]I have a working mercury install on server 2003. I have many domain dames that come into 1 IP address. I use port forwarding on my router to send smtp and pop3 to my dedicated email server that has 1 private IP address (192.168.x.x) I have set everythhing up for domain1.com and it works fine. How do I configure it to now handle all of my other domains? I've looked around for a few days and I'm a bit confused.[/quote]

You just add the domains to the domains list.  If these domains though have a different set of users then you'll have to run multiple copies of Mercury to separate the domains.  Here is my domains on my gateway server.  Some of these are domain mailboxes and these are forwarded off to another server via SMTP using the program WSMTPEx.exe.  Others are forwarded using the daemon MercFWD.  The program and daemon are available from http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/mercadd/default.aspx or direct from Petr Jaklin at http://www.3net.cz/software/

[Domains]
stephens: stephens
stephens: [209.128.94.2]
stephens: mail.tstephenson.com
stephens: tstephenson.com
stephens: [192.168.1.2]
dm=merwin: merwin-tstephenson.com
dm=ubunto: ubunto-tstephenson.com
dm=ubunto: linux-tstephenson.com
dm=dyndns: dyndns-tstephenson.dyndns.org
dm=merwin: merwin.dyndns.org
daemon:c:\mercury\mercfwd.dll;[192.168.1.3]: novell-tstephenson.com
daemon:c:\mercury\mercfwd.dll;[192.168.1.153]: xampp.from-ca.com

You can use your NSLOOKUP program can check these out to see all of these (except unlisted merwin-tstephenson.com) go to 209.128.94.2.  

<p>[quote user="caraudiovideo"]I have a working mercury install on server 2003. I have many domain dames that come into 1 IP address. I use port forwarding on my router to send smtp and pop3 to my dedicated email server that has 1 private IP address (192.168.x.x) I have set everythhing up for domain1.com and it works fine. How do I configure it to now handle all of my other domains? I've looked around for a few days and I'm a bit confused.[/quote]</p><p>You just add the domains to the domains list.  If these domains though have a different set of users then you'll have to run multiple copies of Mercury to separate the domains.  Here is my domains on my gateway server.  Some of these are domain mailboxes and these are forwarded off to another server via SMTP using the program WSMTPEx.exe.  Others are forwarded using the daemon MercFWD.  The program and daemon are available from <a href="/files/folders/mercadd/default.aspx" title="http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/mercadd/default.aspx" mce_href="/files/folders/mercadd/default.aspx">http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/mercadd/default.aspx</a> or direct from Petr Jaklin at <a href="http://www.3net.cz/software/" title="http://www.3net.cz/software/">http://www.3net.cz/software/ </a></p><p>[Domains] stephens: stephens stephens: [209.128.94.2] stephens: mail.tstephenson.com stephens: tstephenson.com stephens: [192.168.1.2] dm=merwin: merwin-tstephenson.com dm=ubunto: ubunto-tstephenson.com dm=ubunto: linux-tstephenson.com dm=dyndns: dyndns-tstephenson.dyndns.org dm=merwin: merwin.dyndns.org daemon:c:\mercury\mercfwd.dll;[192.168.1.3]: novell-tstephenson.com daemon:c:\mercury\mercfwd.dll;[192.168.1.153]: xampp.from-ca.com </p><p>You can use your NSLOOKUP program can check these out to see all of these (except unlisted merwin-tstephenson.com) go to 209.128.94.2.   </p>

Thanks, that is leading me in the right direction. Would it be easier for me to simply set up multiple instances of Mercury? I only have 1 external IP and can only forward traffic to one internal IP.

instance1: domain1.com on ip 192.168.1.2

instance2: domain2.com on ip 192.168.1.2

<P>Thanks, that is leading me in the right direction. Would it be easier for me to simply set up multiple instances of Mercury? I only have 1 external IP and can only forward traffic to one internal IP.</P> <P>instance1: domain1.com on ip 192.168.1.2</P> <P>instance2: domain2.com on ip 192.168.1.2</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft