Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Feature request for the text editor

[quote user="PaulW"][quote user="Mike"]I installed Thunderbird, sent a mail to myself using that control on Thunderbird's toolbar, then looked at the source.

They use align="justify"[/quote]

PM could do the same in the <div> tag that it uses.  (Personally, I think the effect is little different from left alignment to the recipient - and it is they who govern the size and proportions of the viewing area.)[/quote]

Yes, with Thunderbird, they put that on a div.

I agree that it looks similar if that's all you do. Of course, if you use a more elaborate structure with either tables or CSS--which you would do outside the mail client's own composer--you could produce designs where it did make a difference. And you could certainly come up with designs where the size of the window doesn't matter.

Here's an example:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<div style="text-align:center">
<div style="margin: 1em auto; width: 80%; border: 1px solid #000; padding: 2em; background-color: #ddd; text-align: justify;">
<h1>Heading</h1>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.</p>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Adapted from here:

http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentation/center/02.htm

He's using [mis-using?] text-align to align the box, but the text is left-aligned. I've made the text justified and increased the margin so that it stands out. (I put the CSS inline, because that's generally better for email clients.) That's a flexible design.

[quote][quote]If you don't know HTML, you can do this is a WYSIWYG tool. I'd suggest you might like to try NVU, which is free:

http://www.nvu.com/index.php

If you're really after a designed email, that would be the way to go.

[/quote]

That seems like good advice for those that want advanced HTML email. 

[/quote]

HTML email is still a bit hit-and-miss, because not everything supports everything, and webmail is another complicating factor:

http://www.anandgraves.com/html-email-guide

I still use plain text myself mostly, but I guess HTML mail is nice for people sending out newsletters and so on.
[quote user=&quot;PaulW&quot;][quote user=&quot;Mike&quot;]I installed Thunderbird, sent a mail to myself using that control on Thunderbird&#039;s toolbar, then looked at the source.&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;They use align=&quot;justify&quot;[/quote]&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;PM could do the same in the &amp;lt;div&amp;gt; tag that it uses.&nbsp; (Personally, I think the effect is little different from left alignment to the recipient - and it is they who govern the size and proportions of the viewing area.)[/quote]&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;Yes, with Thunderbird, they put that on a div.&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;I agree that it looks similar if that&#039;s all you do. Of course, if you use a more elaborate structure with either tables or CSS--which you would do outside the mail client&#039;s own composer--you could produce designs where it [I]did[/I] make a difference. And you could certainly come up with designs where the size of the window doesn&#039;t matter.&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;Here&#039;s an example:&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN&quot; &quot;http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;html lang=&quot;en&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;head&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;content-type&quot; content=&quot;text/html; charset=iso-8859-1&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;title&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/title&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;/head&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;body&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;div style=&quot;text-align:center&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;div style=&quot;margin: 1em auto; width: 80%; border: 1px solid #000; padding: 2em; background-color: #ddd; text-align: justify;&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;h1&amp;gt;Heading&amp;lt;/h1&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;/body&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;lt;/html&amp;gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;Adapted from here:&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentation/center/02.htm&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;He&#039;s using [mis-using?] text-align to align the box, but the text is left-aligned. I&#039;ve made the text justified and increased the margin so that it stands out. (I put the CSS inline, because that&#039;s generally better for email clients.) That&#039;s a flexible design.&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;P&gt;[quote][quote]If you don&#039;t know HTML, you can do this is a WYSIWYG tool. I&#039;d suggest you might like to try NVU, which is free:&lt;/P&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;http://www.nvu.com/index.php&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;If you&#039;re really after a designed email, that would be the way to go.&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;P&gt;[/quote]&lt;/P&gt;&lt;P&gt;That seems like good advice for those that want advanced HTML email.&nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;[/quote]&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;HTML email is still a bit hit-and-miss, because not everything supports everything, and webmail is another complicating factor:&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;http://www.anandgraves.com/html-email-guide&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;I still use plain text myself mostly, but I guess HTML mail is nice for people sending out newsletters and so on.&lt;/DIV&gt;

Hi !

This is really a small request. So when you type a new email, there are only the following options for the paragraphs : (a)  flush the text to the left, (b) flush the text to the right and (c) center the text. Could we have also (d) justified the text ?

Thanks !

Ginhead. 

&lt;p&gt;Hi !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This is really a small request. So when you type a new email, there are only the following options for the paragraphs : (a)&amp;nbsp; flush the text to the left, (b) flush the text to the right and (c) center the text. Could we have also (d) justified the text ?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ginhead.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Ginhead"]

This is really a small request. So when you type a new email, there are only the following options for the paragraphs : (a)  flush the text to the left, (b) flush the text to the right and (c) center the text. Could we have also (d) justified the text ?

[/quote]

No, because there's no way of representing fully-justified text in e-mail. HTML doesn't support it as part of the standard, and it's too hard to simulate in plain text.

The editor we use can basically do anything Microsoft Word can do, but we only expose the features that can actually be represented in some way in e-mail. Full justification would be no problem if there were a way of representing it, but until there is, there really doesn't seem like much point making it available (it would just result in a whole lot of tech support requests asking why it wasn't working).

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user=&quot;Ginhead&quot;]&lt;p&gt;This is really a small request. So when you type a new email, there are only the following options for the paragraphs : (a)&amp;nbsp; flush the text to the left, (b) flush the text to the right and (c) center the text. Could we have also (d) justified the text ?&lt;/p&gt;[/quote] No, because there&#039;s no way of representing fully-justified text in e-mail. HTML doesn&#039;t support it as part of the standard, and it&#039;s too hard to simulate in plain text. The editor we use can basically do anything Microsoft Word can do, but we only expose the features that can actually be represented in some way in e-mail. Full justification would be no problem if there were a way of representing it, but until there is, there really doesn&#039;t seem like much point making it available (it would just result in a whole lot of tech support requests asking why it wasn&#039;t working). Cheers! -- David --

How about if someone were to do this in CSS rather than HTML?  I mean in a separate document which he would then import.  Say I were to use:

<div style="text-align: justify">

</div>

just inside the body tags.  If I then imported the document would Pegasus send that, or does it re-format the HTML into a backwards-compatible email-friendly form of HTML when it imports anyway?

I guess if formatting _really_ mattered for some particular document one would do better to make a PDF and attach it. But I wonder if that would work.

&lt;p&gt;How about if someone were to do this in CSS rather than HTML?&amp;nbsp; I mean in a separate document which he would then import.&amp;nbsp; Say I were to use:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;div style=&quot;text-align: justify&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;....&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;just inside the body tags.&amp;nbsp; If I then imported the document would Pegasus send that, or does it re-format the HTML into a backwards-compatible email-friendly form of HTML when it imports anyway?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I guess if formatting _really_ mattered for some particular document one would do better to make a PDF and attach it. But I wonder if that would work. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Hi !

Well the feature this thread is about is available in Thunderbird. Now since Thunderbird is open source, we (i.e. David and his team) can take advantage of that and try to figure out how those guys implemented it, and perhaps try to duplicate (or import) their method into Pegasus Mail.

Bye !

Ginhead.

&lt;p&gt;Hi !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Well the feature this thread is about is available in Thunderbird. Now since Thunderbird is open source, we (i.e. David and his team) can take advantage of that and try to figure out how those guys implemented it, and perhaps try to duplicate (or import) their method into Pegasus Mail.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Bye !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ginhead. &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Ginhead"]

Well the feature this thread is about is available in Thunderbird. Now since Thunderbird is open source, we (i.e. David and his team) can take advantage of that and try to figure out how those guys implemented it, and perhaps try to duplicate (or import) their method into Pegasus Mail.

[/quote]

If there's some magic, portable way of getting justification working in HTML, by all means tell me what it is and I'll see if there's some way of incorporating it. It's got to be standards-based though - no bizarre manufacturer-specific extensions.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user=&quot;Ginhead&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Well the feature this thread is about is available in Thunderbird. Now since Thunderbird is open source, we (i.e. David and his team) can take advantage of that and try to figure out how those guys implemented it, and perhaps try to duplicate (or import) their method into Pegasus Mail.&lt;/p&gt;[/quote] If there&#039;s some magic, portable way of getting justification working in HTML, by all means tell me what it is and I&#039;ll see if there&#039;s some way of incorporating it. It&#039;s got to be standards-based though - no bizarre manufacturer-specific extensions. Cheers! -- David --

Hi !

Well, as you probably know by now, I am not a coder, although I touched the surface of coding years ago (with an idealistic perspective), so for details about this justification feature,  I cannot really help you. However, if the justification is hard for HTML, maybe it is possible for plain text, and I believe that the vast majority of users do not use Pegasus Mail on a HTML-messages basis, that is they do not send HTML messages, but rather plain text ones. Now, I looked at Thunderbird, because it is an email client I know rather well (not better than Pegasus Mail, but still honest), and it turned out that this feature was present. Do not get me wrong here, I am not saying it is not difficult, maybe it is (surely it is, otherwise you would have done it a long time ago), but given this difficulty, since Thunderbird is open-source, it might be possible to look at how the team did code this feature, and do something similar. Concerning the standards, Thunderbird is known to respect them, so I suppose their coding is adequate thanks to that respect. Maybe, just sending them an email to ask them would work, who knows ? After all, you are all coders, so in a way you belong to the same group, like cab drivers working for different companies or football players.

Bye !

Ginhead. 

&lt;p&gt;Hi !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Well, as you probably know by now, I am not a coder, although I touched the surface of coding years ago (with an idealistic perspective), so for details about this justification feature,&amp;nbsp; I cannot really help you. However, if the justification is hard for HTML, maybe it is possible for plain text, and I believe that the vast majority of users do not use Pegasus Mail on a HTML-messages basis, that is they do not send HTML messages, but rather plain text ones. Now, I looked at Thunderbird, because it is an email client I know rather well (not better than Pegasus Mail, but still honest), and it turned out that this feature was present. Do not get me wrong here, I am not saying it is not difficult, maybe it is (surely it is, otherwise you would have done it a long time ago), but given this difficulty, since Thunderbird is open-source, it might be possible to look at how the team did code this feature, and do something similar. Concerning the standards, Thunderbird is known to respect them, so I suppose their coding is adequate thanks to that respect. Maybe, just sending them an email to ask them would work, who knows ? After all, you are all coders, so in a way you belong to the same group, like cab drivers working for different companies or football players.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Bye !&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ginhead.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="David Harris"][quote user="Ginhead"]

[/quote]

If there's some magic, portable way of getting justification working in HTML, by all means tell me what it is and I'll see if there's some way of incorporating it. It's got to be standards-based though - no bizarre manufacturer-specific extensions.[/quote]

I know how they're doing it in HTML terms--though I don't know how they're getting it working.

I installed Thunderbird, sent a mail to myself using that control on Thunderbird's toolbar, then looked at the source.

They use align="justify"

That is valid HTML 4 (although it is deprecated now in favour of CSS styling):

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/graphics.html#h-15.1.2

Ginhead: I'd guess Mozilla had the capability already in Netscape Composer, since that could write webpages, so they put it in the mail client when they spun that off. But I'm not sure I see the point in it in an email context, since it seems to me that justified text looks good in the context of a page with fairly wide margins, and if you really wanted to get into layout and set margins and so on, you'd be better to do that in an HTML authoring application.

If you're interested in laying out HTML mail, have you thought of writing it in an HTML authoring tool and then importing the page into Pegasus? Look at the manual, page 28:

[quote]Import HTML file

This option allows you to import a pre-formatted HTML document into your message, preserving as much as possible of the formatting information. When you select this option, the message’s Rich text indicator will become checked, indicating that Pegasus Mail will send the message as HTML. Pegasus Mail can import most HTML formatting features, but cannot import scripts, Java applets, ActiveX controls or other HTML extensions.[/quote]

If you don't know HTML, you can do this is a WYSIWYG tool. I'd suggest you might like to try NVU, which is free:

[quote user=&quot;David Harris&quot;][quote user=&quot;Ginhead&quot;]&lt;P&gt;Well the feature this thread is about is available in Thunderbird. Now since Thunderbird is open source, we (i.e. David and his team) can take advantage of that and try to figure out how those guys implemented it, and perhaps try to duplicate (or import) their method into Pegasus Mail.&lt;/P&gt;[/quote] If there&#039;s some magic, portable way of getting justification working in HTML, by all means tell me what it is and I&#039;ll see if there&#039;s some way of incorporating it. It&#039;s got to be standards-based though - no bizarre manufacturer-specific extensions.[/quote]&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;I know how they&#039;re doing it in HTML terms--though I don&#039;t know how they&#039;re getting it working.&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;I installed Thunderbird, sent a mail to myself using that control on Thunderbird&#039;s toolbar, then looked at the source.&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;They use align=&quot;justify&quot;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;That is valid HTML 4 (although it is deprecated now in favour of CSS styling):&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/graphics.html#h-15.1.2&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;Ginhead: I&#039;d guess Mozilla had the capability already in Netscape Composer, since that could write webpages, so they put it in the mail client when they spun that off. But I&#039;m not sure I see the point in it in an email context, since it seems to me that justified text looks good in the context of a page with fairly wide margins, and if you really wanted to get into layout and set margins and so on, you&#039;d be better to do that in an HTML authoring application.&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;If you&#039;re interested in laying out HTML mail, have you thought of writing it in an HTML&nbsp;authoring tool and then importing the page into Pegasus? Look at the manual, page 28:&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;[quote]Import HTML file&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;This option allows you to import a pre-formatted HTML document into your message, preserving as much as possible of the formatting information. When you select this option, the message&rsquo;s Rich text indicator will become checked, indicating that Pegasus Mail will send the message as HTML. Pegasus Mail can import most HTML formatting features, but cannot import scripts, Java applets, ActiveX controls or other HTML extensions.[/quote]&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;If you don&#039;t know HTML, you can do this is a WYSIWYG tool. I&#039;d suggest you might like to try NVU, which is free:&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;http://www.nvu.com/index.php&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&lt;BR class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;If you&#039;re really after a designed email, that would be the way to go.&lt;/DIV&gt;

[quote user="Mike"]I installed Thunderbird, sent a mail to myself using that control on Thunderbird's toolbar, then looked at the source.

They use align="justify"[/quote]

PM could do the same in the <div> tag that it uses.  (Personally, I think the effect is little different from left alignment to the recipient - and it is they who govern the size and proportions of the viewing area.)

If there was such an option it would have to be disabled or ineffective for plain text composition - and that might lead to more support issues!

[quote]If you don't know HTML, you can do this is a WYSIWYG tool. I'd suggest you might like to try NVU, which is free:

[/quote]

That seems like good advice for those that want advanced HTML email. 

[quote user=&quot;Mike&quot;]I installed Thunderbird, sent a mail to myself using that control on Thunderbird&#039;s toolbar, then looked at the source.&lt;div&gt;&lt;br class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;They use align=&quot;justify&quot;[/quote]&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;br class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;PM could do the same in the &amp;lt;div&amp;gt; tag that it uses.&amp;nbsp; (Personally, I think the effect is little different from left alignment to the recipient - and it is they who govern the size and proportions of the viewing area.)&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;If there was such an option it would have to be disabled or ineffective for plain text composition - and that might lead to more support issues!&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;p&gt;[quote]If you don&#039;t know HTML, you can do this is a WYSIWYG tool. I&#039;d suggest you might like to try NVU, which is free:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;br class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;http://www.nvu.com/index.php&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;br class=&quot;khtml-block-placeholder&quot;&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;If you&#039;re really after a designed email, that would be the way to go.&lt;/div&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;That seems like good advice for those that want advanced HTML email.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft