Community Discussions and Support
RFC Compliance Question

[quote user="KeithW"] 

Thanx for the reply !!

I am being beat up trying to get SPF implemented and cannot get email to the MSN / HotMAIL domains working.  I was working thru the MicroSoft SenderID Wizard and it asked if those RFC's were fully supported,  I could not find any references on the web site so I posed the question.

[/quote]

There is something else going on here that has nothing to do with SPF.  I'm sending to both MSN & Hotmail (same place) and i have no SPF record at all.  What error are you getting when sending to these addresses?  What are you using for sending?  MercuryE?  MercuryC  If you do not have a fixed IP address or if you do not have a PTR record at all then you can be rejected by these MS systems.  In any case a session log is in order to see why you can't send.

[quote user="KeithW"]  <p>Thanx for the reply !!</p> <p>I am being beat up trying to get SPF implemented and cannot get email to the MSN / HotMAIL domains working.  I was working thru the MicroSoft SenderID Wizard and it asked if those RFC's were fully supported,  I could not find any references on the web site so I posed the question.</p> <p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>There is something else going on here that has nothing to do with SPF.  I'm sending to both MSN & Hotmail (same place) and i have no SPF record at all.  What error are you getting when sending to these addresses?  What are you using for sending?  MercuryE?  MercuryC  If you do not have a fixed IP address or if you do not have a PTR record at all then you can be rejected by these MS systems.  In any case a session log is in order to see why you can't send.</p><p> </p><p>  </p>

Greetings,

Does Mercury 4.01a/c support RFC 2821 (Mail FRM) and/or RC 2822 (PRA)?

Is there a place where the supported RFC's for the product are listed?

Regards,

Keith

<P>Greetings,</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Does Mercury 4.01a/c support RFC 2821 (Mail FRM) and/or RC 2822 (PRA)?</P> <P>Is there a place where the supported RFC's for the product are listed?</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Regards,</P> <P>Keith</P>

Since it's a SMTP server it supports RFC 2821.  The structure of RFC 2822 is supported in the filtering though.

<p>Since it's a SMTP server it supports RFC 2821.  The structure of RFC 2822 is supported in the filtering though.</p><p> </p>

RFC2821 and 2822 are the fundamental standards for Internet mail transmission, and as such, Mercury pretty much HAS to support them.

Listing the various RFCs that Mercury supports is not something I've ever sat down and done in any formal sense, although it would be a long list, and would take quite a while to prepare. Could you tell me why this knowledge would be important to you?

Cheers!

-- David --

RFC2821 and 2822 are the fundamental standards for Internet mail transmission, and as such, Mercury pretty much HAS to support them. Listing the various RFCs that Mercury supports is not something I've ever sat down and done in any formal sense, although it would be a long list, and would take quite a while to prepare. Could you tell me why this knowledge would be important to you? Cheers! -- David --

[quote user="David Harris"]RFC2821 and 2822 are the fundamental standards for Internet mail transmission, and as such, Mercury pretty much HAS to support them.

Listing the various RFCs that Mercury supports is not something I've ever sat down and done in any formal sense, although it would be a long list, and would take quite a while to prepare. Could you tell me why this knowledge would be important to you?

Cheers!

-- David --

[/quote]

David,

Thanx for the reply !!

I am being beat up trying to get SPF implemented and cannot get email to the MSN / HotMAIL domains working.  I was working thru the MicroSoft SenderID Wizard and it asked if those RFC's were fully supported,  I could not find any references on the web site so I posed the question.

Regards,

Keith

<P>[quote user="David Harris"]RFC2821 and 2822 are the fundamental standards for Internet mail transmission, and as such, Mercury pretty much HAS to support them. Listing the various RFCs that Mercury supports is not something I've ever sat down and done in any formal sense, although it would be a long list, and would take quite a while to prepare. Could you tell me why this knowledge would be important to you? Cheers! -- David -- [/quote]</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>David,</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Thanx for the reply !!</P> <P>I am being beat up trying to get SPF implemented and cannot get email to the MSN / HotMAIL domains working.  I was working thru the MicroSoft SenderID Wizard and it asked if those RFC's were fully supported,  I could not find any references on the web site so I posed the question.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Regards,</P> <P>Keith</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft