Community Discussions and Support
New Format of HIERARCH.PM?

> 0,256,"6FTWYDEH:7AA9:FOL00012","4D591135:My mailbox","Gelöschte Nachrichten",0,20
>
> According to the above article, the second value should be between 0 and 4 (two relevant bits). And there shouldn't be anything behind
> the name of the folder, so where does the ",0,20" come from? Is this a syntax error I should fix, or have there been additions to the
> HIERARCH.PM format? Maybe those values denote certain special folders in PMAIL or for the IMAP server. (The above is a "Trash"
> folder.)

This is an indication that the folder has been deleted.  Delete the line when Pegasus Mail is not running.

> 0,256,"6FTWYDEH:7AA9:FOL00012","4D591135:My mailbox","Gelöschte Nachrichten",0,20 > > According to the above article, the second value should be between 0 and 4 (two relevant bits). And there shouldn't be anything behind > the name of the folder, so where does the ",0,20" come from? Is this a syntax error I should fix, or have there been additions to the > HIERARCH.PM format? Maybe those values denote certain special folders in PMAIL or for the IMAP server. (The above is a "Trash" > folder.) This is an indication that the folder has been deleted.  Delete the line when Pegasus Mail is not running.

I'm trying to write a script to check HIERARCH.PM for consistency. The format looks simple enough, and I found a description of the format in the Pmail Knowledge Base:

http://kbase.pmail.gen.nz/viewfull.cfm?ObjectID=3052285B-01CF-4242-91AA6A0520ED244D&PrinterFriendly=yes

But this description does not explain certain lines I find quite often in my users mailboxes, for example:

0,256,"6FTWYDEH:7AA9:FOL00012","4D591135:My mailbox","Gelöschte Nachrichten",0,20

According to the above article, the second value should be between 0 and 4 (two relevant bits). And there shouldn't be anything behind the name of the folder, so where does the ",0,20" come from? Is this a syntax error I should fix, or have there been additions to the HIERARCH.PM format? Maybe those values denote certain special folders in PMAIL or for the IMAP server. (The above is a "Trash" folder.)

Greetings

Markus

<P>I'm trying to write a script to check HIERARCH.PM for consistency. The format looks simple enough, and I found a description of the format in the Pmail Knowledge Base:</P><P>http://kbase.pmail.gen.nz/viewfull.cfm?ObjectID=3052285B-01CF-4242-91AA6A0520ED244D&PrinterFriendly=yes</P><P> </P><P>But this description does not explain certain lines I find quite often in my users mailboxes, for example:</P><P>0,256,"6FTWYDEH:7AA9:FOL00012","4D591135:My mailbox","Gelöschte Nachrichten",0,20</P><P> </P><P>According to the above article, the second value should be between 0 and 4 (two relevant bits). And there shouldn't be anything behind the name of the folder, so where does the ",0,20" come from? Is this a syntax error I should fix, or have there been additions to the HIERARCH.PM format? Maybe those values denote certain special folders in PMAIL or for the IMAP server. (The above is a "Trash" folder.)</P><P> </P><P>Greetings</P><P>Markus</P><P> </P><P> </P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft