Community Discussions and Support
--> 4.51 how to upgrade?

Are you sure there isn't some kind of rights issue? The error you're getting means that the installer can't actually see the file MERCURY.EXE in that directory.

Cheers!

-- David --

Are you sure there isn't some kind of rights issue? The error you're getting means that the installer can't actually see the file MERCURY.EXE in that directory. Cheers! -- David --

hi, i hope it could be simple as usual, just install it OVER the previous version.
any particular hint other than "do a backup first"?

thanks, Marco

<p>hi, i hope it could be simple as usual, just install it OVER the previous version. any particular hint other than "do a backup first"?</p><p> thanks, Marco  </p>

That's what I do.  The installer detects the previous version and offers to do an upgrade in that location.

That's what I do.  The installer detects the previous version and offers to do an upgrade in that location.

You only need to do a backup of the server directory. All local mailboxes are untouched.

You only need to do a backup of the server directory. All local mailboxes are untouched.

Something has gone wrong here:

I am trying to do an in-place upgrade on my Server 2003 box.

I

have been running M32 for 8 years now, so I should be an old hand at

this. My existing installation of M/32 4.01b is at C:\MERCURY

I

have backed up the folder to CD and run the installer and select the

upgrade option and accept the offer to upgrade to the C:\MERCURY folder.

It then refuses to go any futher as it finds no copy of Mercury/32 there. It is definately there.

Any ideas?

I have downloaded the installer twice now:

My MD5 checksum is  d661a5e72157f9e8a121824f22b10eaa *m32-451.exe

Many thanks 

<p>Something has gone wrong here: I am trying to do an in-place upgrade on my Server 2003 box.</p><p>I have been running M32 for 8 years now, so I should be an old hand at this. My existing installation of M/32 4.01b is at C:\MERCURY</p><p>I have backed up the folder to CD and run the installer and select the upgrade option and accept the offer to upgrade to the C:\MERCURY folder.</p><p>It then refuses to go any futher as it finds no copy of Mercury/32 there. It is definately there. </p><p> Any ideas?</p><p>I have downloaded the installer twice now: </p><p>My MD5 checksum is  d661a5e72157f9e8a121824f22b10eaa *m32-451.exe</p><p> </p><p>Many thanks </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft