Community Discussions and Support
How do I turn off IERenderer from poping up the blacklist message every time

OK, I see the problem - there's a difference in the set-up behaviour between installing where there is no existing version and clicking the "New install" button on a machine with an existing copy.  The first gives a window with all the options ticked by default, which I think is referred to as "new clean default install", and the second leaves them all unticked - including the one to pre-configure a mailbox.  So you can get very different 'default' new installs depending on where you start.

[quote user="Jerry Wise"]... All of which only goes to point out, once again, why when answering questions from users it is important to receive the output of their Help, About, Info display in order to see or direct users as to where files go and where restored items must be replaced etc..[/quote]

Agreed, and also the terms 'New install' and 'update' don't tell the whole story :)

<P>OK, I see the problem - there's a difference in the set-up behaviour between installing where there is no existing version and clicking the "New install" button on a machine with an existing copy.  The first gives a window with all the options ticked by default, which I think is referred to as "new clean default install", and the second leaves them all unticked - including the one to pre-configure a mailbox.  So you can get very different 'default' new installs depending on where you start.</P> <P>[quote user="Jerry Wise"]... All of which only goes to point out, once again, why when answering questions from users it is important to receive the output of their Help, About, Info display in order to see or direct users as to where files go and where restored items must be replaced etc..[/quote]</P> <P>Agreed, and also the terms 'New install' and 'update' don't tell the whole story :)</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Every time I click on a hyperlink on 4.61 IERenderer 2.4.0.3 pops up a "friendly" message:

'The domain <xxx.com> is listed on 3 blacklist(s) according to www.surbl.org...Do you want your browser, etc etc."

But it does this every time I go to ANY web site....xxx.com can be anything and they are always on 3 blacklists.

I want to turn this feature off, how do I do it?

&lt;P&gt;Every time I click on a hyperlink on 4.61 IERenderer 2.4.0.3 pops up a &quot;friendly&quot; message:&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;&#039;The domain &amp;lt;xxx.com&amp;gt; is listed on 3 blacklist(s) according to &lt;A href=&quot;http://www.surbl.org...do/&quot;&gt;www.surbl.org...Do&lt;/A&gt; you want your browser, etc etc.&quot;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;But it does this every time I go to&amp;nbsp;ANY web site....xxx.com can be anything and they are always on 3 blacklists.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;I want to turn this feature off, how do I do it?&lt;/P&gt;

[quote user="mapmap"] I want to turn this feature off, how do I do it?[/quote]

There's apparently something broken on your machine, did you install the renderer properly (i.e. via Pegasus Mail's setup)? Is there something special with your ISP (a special proxy or "man in the middle")? I'd like to figure out why this happens so you can use this feature properly (this will require to build a test version for you). You can turn it off via IERenderer's configuration dialog to be invoked by clicking its toolbar button (I always wonder why poeple don't see it at all or don't try to figure out what it's good for ...).

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;mapmap&quot;] I want to turn this feature off, how do I do it?[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;There&#039;s apparently something broken on your machine, did you install the renderer properly (i.e. via Pegasus Mail&#039;s setup)? Is there something special with your ISP (a special proxy or &quot;man in the middle&quot;)? I&#039;d like to figure out why this happens so you can use this feature properly (this will require to build a test version for you). You can turn it off via IERenderer&#039;s configuration dialog to be invoked by clicking its toolbar button (I always wonder why poeple don&#039;t see it at all or don&#039;t try to figure out what it&#039;s good for ...).&lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Sorry I didn't see the IERenderer's tool bar - was looking in Tools -> Options for it.

Anyway I did install the renderer with the Pegasus Mail setup. and I have just reinstalled the IERenderer from the IERenderer help window - same effect. If you can send me a link to a test version I can install, I can then provide you feedback. and no there's no proxy with my ISP.

&lt;P&gt;Sorry I didn&#039;t see the IERenderer&#039;s tool bar - was looking in Tools -&amp;gt; Options for it.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Anyway I did install the renderer with the Pegasus Mail setup. and I have just reinstalled the IERenderer from the IERenderer help window - same effect. If you can send me a link to a test version I can install, I can then provide you feedback. and no there&#039;s no proxy with my ISP.&lt;/P&gt;

Add the following to Bearhtml.ini in the Pegasus Mail executables directory: WantBlacklist=NO

If you want to be able to switch back to Bearhtml from IERenderer you will also have to add a line:

WantBl=No

Martin

&lt;p&gt;Add the following to Bearhtml.ini in the Pegasus Mail executables directory: WantBlacklist=NO&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If you want to be able to switch back to Bearhtml from IERenderer you will also have to add a line:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;WantBl=No&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Martin &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="irelam"]Add the following to Bearhtml.ini in the Pegasus Mail executables directory: WantBlacklist=NO[/quote]

I'm not using BearHtml.ini anymore for IERenderer since Pegasus Mail 4.61 (except for copying an existing configuration) and there's no need to edit the configuration manually, doing so via the configuration dialog should suffice, the settings are now stored in IERenderer.ini in the respective Pegasus Mail user's new mail directory.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;irelam&quot;]Add the following to Bearhtml.ini in the Pegasus Mail executables directory: WantBlacklist=NO[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m not using BearHtml.ini anymore for IERenderer since Pegasus Mail 4.61 (except for copying an existing configuration) and there&#039;s no need to edit the configuration manually, doing so via the configuration dialog should suffice, the settings are now stored in IERenderer.ini in the respective Pegasus Mail user&#039;s new mail directory.&lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="idw"]

I'm not using BearHtml.ini anymore for IERenderer since Pegasus Mail 4.61 (except for copying an existing configuration) and there's no need to edit the configuration manually, doing so via the configuration dialog should suffice, the settings are now stored in IERenderer.ini in the respective Pegasus Mail user's new mail directory.

[/quote]

Now I'm confused.  There is no IERenderer.ini file in my Pmail directory, nor in any of its subdirectories.  

[quote user=&quot;idw&quot;]&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m not using BearHtml.ini anymore for IERenderer since Pegasus Mail 4.61 (except for copying an existing configuration) and there&#039;s no need to edit the configuration manually, doing so via the configuration dialog should suffice, the settings are now stored in IERenderer.ini in the respective Pegasus Mail user&#039;s new mail directory.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Now I&#039;m confused. &amp;nbsp;There is no&amp;nbsp;&lt;span class=&quot;Apple-style-span&quot; style=&quot;font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica; &quot;&gt;IERenderer.ini file in my Pmail directory, nor in any of its subdirectories. &amp;nbsp;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

I have ierenderer.ini in c:\pmail\mail\admin and one in each username below \mail\~8 location.

I have ierenderer.ini in c:\pmail\mail\admin and one in each username below \mail\~8 location.

[quote user="Jerry Wise"]I have ierenderer.ini in c:\pmail\mail\admin and one in each username below \mail\~8 location.
[/quote]

I have a single-user setup, with no admin or subordinate directories.  Should this make a difference?  I would have expected to find it in Pmail\Mail.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Jerry Wise&quot;]I have ierenderer.ini in c:\pmail\mail\admin and one in each username below \mail\~8 location. [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have a single-user setup, with no admin or subordinate&amp;nbsp;directories. &amp;nbsp;Should this make a difference? &amp;nbsp;I would have expected to find it in Pmail\Mail.&lt;/p&gt;

Normally only pmail.usr file and the subfolders in \mail\ and there is no longer any  single user mode and default is c:\pmail\mail\admin being the default user and where pmail.ini and user home and new mail location on drive.

If you have messages or message folders in \mail\  then you do indeed have an old single user install setup and installed as update last time.

You might even have exe and files in c:\pmail and that is not where files are in a new install. The exe and files are in c:\pmail\programs and subfolders below location.  At some point you might want to convert to new layout or do a clean full install and then just restore your backup files to their correct new locations making sure they are not marked read only by the OS or cdrom or backup program. If so remove the  R attributes before running winpmail again. I just went through that  procedure on several machines and in order to fix my win7-64 install I'd been using and carried forward for years. When fixed and all in proper locations all began to work as designed<G>.

&lt;p&gt;Normally only pmail.usr file and the subfolders in \mail\ and there is no longer any&amp;nbsp; single user mode and default is c:\pmail\mail\admin being the default user and where pmail.ini and user home and new mail location on drive.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If you have messages or message folders in \mail\&amp;nbsp; then you do indeed have an old single user install setup and installed as update last time.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;You might even have exe and files in c:\pmail and that is not where files are in a new install. The exe and files are in c:\pmail\programs and subfolders below location.&amp;nbsp; At some point you might want to convert to new layout or do a clean full install and then just restore your backup files to their correct new locations making sure they are not marked read only by the OS or cdrom or backup program. If so remove the&amp;nbsp; R attributes before running winpmail again. I just went through that&amp;nbsp; procedure on several machines and in order to fix my win7-64 install I&#039;d been using and carried forward for years. When fixed and all in proper locations all began to work as designed&amp;lt;G&amp;gt;. &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="jss1941"][quote user="Jerry Wise"]I have ierenderer.ini in c:\pmail\mail\admin and one in each username below \mail\~8 location.[/quote]

I have a single-user setup, with no admin or subordinate directories.  Should this make a difference?  I would have expected to find it in Pmail\Mail.[/quote]

If you haven't changed any of the default values IERenderer uses there may be no associated INI file as IERenderer "knows" its default values, well, by default ... [;)]

[quote user=&quot;jss1941&quot;][quote user=&quot;Jerry Wise&quot;]I have ierenderer.ini in c:\pmail\mail\admin and one in each username below \mail\~8 location.[/quote]&lt;p&gt;I have a single-user setup, with no admin or subordinate directories. &amp;nbsp;Should this make a difference? &amp;nbsp;I would have expected to find it in Pmail\Mail.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If you haven&#039;t changed any of the default values IERenderer uses there may be no associated INI file as IERenderer &quot;knows&quot; its default values, well, by default&amp;nbsp;... [;)]&lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="Jerry Wise"]

Normally only pmail.usr file and the subfolders in \mail\ and there is no longer any  single user mode and default is c:\pmail\mail\admin being the default user and where pmail.ini and user home and new mail location on drive.

If you have messages or message folders in \mail\  then you do indeed have an old single user install setup and installed as update last time.[/quote]

Just for information, my version of 4.61 says 'Single-user mode - Pegasus Mail' on the main window header and was installed as a new install but without choosing the option to 'pre-configure a user mailbox'.

[quote]Pegasus Mail for Microsoft Windows
Copyright (C) 1992-2011, David Harris, all rights reserved
Electronic mail to support@pmail.gen.nz.

WinPMail version: Version 4.61 (Win32), Feb  5 2011
Language resources: Standard UK English resource set
Extension Manager version: 1.13
Operating mode: Standalone
User name and ID: Single-user mode, 0
Windows version: 5.1
Windows flag word: 0
WINPMAIL.EXE directory: C:\PMAIL461\Programs
Home mailbox location: C:\PMAIL461\MAIL
New mailbox location: C:\PMAIL461\MAIL
TMP environment variable: C:\DOCUME~1\paul\LOCALS~1\Temp
TEMP environment variable: C:\DOCUME~1\paul\LOCALS~1\Temp
LAN-based SMTP support: N, N, N
NetWare MHS support: N, N, N
Built-in TCP/IP support: Enabled
  - WINSOCK version: WinSock 2.0
  - WINSOCK path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WSOCK32.DLL
Commandline: -ms
Active -Z options: 32768
PMR variable: (None)
PML variable: (None)
MAI variable: (None)
NB variable: (None)
Autofiltering folders: 0 (0 active, 0 inactive)
Last new mail count: 9[/quote]

[quote user=&quot;Jerry Wise&quot;] &lt;P&gt;Normally only pmail.usr file and the subfolders in \mail\ and there is no longer any&amp;nbsp; single user mode and default is c:\pmail\mail\admin being the default user and where pmail.ini and user home and new mail location on drive.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;If you have messages or message folders in \mail\&amp;nbsp; then you do indeed have an old single user install setup and installed as update last time.[/quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Just for information, my version of 4.61 says &#039;Single-user mode - Pegasus Mail&#039; on the main window header and was installed as a new install but without choosing the option to &#039;pre-configure a user mailbox&#039;.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;[quote]Pegasus Mail for Microsoft Windows Copyright (C) 1992-2011, David Harris, all rights reserved Electronic mail to &lt;A href=&quot;mailto:support@pmail.gen.nz&quot;&gt;support@pmail.gen.nz&lt;/A&gt;.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;WinPMail version: Version 4.61 (Win32), Feb&amp;nbsp; 5 2011 Language resources: Standard UK English resource set Extension Manager version: 1.13 Operating mode: Standalone User name and ID: Single-user mode, 0 Windows version: 5.1 Windows flag word: 0 WINPMAIL.EXE directory: C:\PMAIL461\Programs Home mailbox location: C:\PMAIL461\MAIL New mailbox location: C:\PMAIL461\MAIL TMP environment variable: C:\DOCUME~1\paul\LOCALS~1\Temp TEMP environment variable: C:\DOCUME~1\paul\LOCALS~1\Temp LAN-based SMTP support: N, N, N NetWare MHS support: N, N, N Built-in TCP/IP support: Enabled &amp;nbsp; - WINSOCK version: WinSock 2.0 &amp;nbsp; - WINSOCK path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WSOCK32.DLL Commandline: -ms Active -Z options: 32768 PMR variable: (None) PML variable: (None) MAI variable: (None) NB variable: (None) Autofiltering folders: 0 (0 active, 0 inactive) Last new mail count: 9[/quote] &lt;/P&gt;

When you select to uncheck any item it is no longer a clean default full install. You have given installer a different instruction and it has followed it.  Same thing happens when installing to a certain drive and location and pmail.ini and last run information are found and picked up and used. In that case you do not end up with a new clean default install either. You end up with your defined settings or selection. Neither is right or wrong, just different.

When you select to uncheck any item it is no longer a clean default full install. You have given installer a different instruction and it has followed it.&amp;nbsp; Same thing happens when installing to a certain drive and location and pmail.ini and last run information are found and picked up and used. In that case you do not end up with a new clean default install either. You end up with your defined settings or selection. Neither is right or wrong, just different.

[quote user="Jerry Wise"]When you select to uncheck any item it is no longer a clean default full install. You have given installer a different instruction and it has followed it.  Same thing happens when installing to a certain drive and location and pmail.ini and last run information are found and picked up and used. In that case you do not end up with a new clean default install either. You end up with your defined settings or selection. Neither is right or wrong, just different.[/quote]

But the point I was trying to make is that I didn't uncheck  or change any item.  By default the installer gave me a 'Single-user mode' install.

And IERenderer.ini is present in the \mail subdirectory.

&lt;P&gt;[quote user=&quot;Jerry Wise&quot;]When you select to uncheck any item it is no longer a clean default full install. You have given installer a different instruction and it has followed it.&amp;nbsp; Same thing happens when installing to a certain drive and location and pmail.ini and last run information are found and picked up and used. In that case you do not end up with a new clean default install either. You end up with your defined settings or selection. Neither is right or wrong, just different.[/quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;But the point I was trying to make is that I didn&#039;t &lt;STRONG&gt;uncheck&lt;/STRONG&gt;&amp;nbsp; or change any item.&amp;nbsp; By default the installer gave me a &#039;Single-user mode&#039; install.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;And IERenderer.ini is present in the \mail subdirectory.&lt;/P&gt;

[quote user="PaulW"]And IERenderer.ini is present in the \mail subdirectory.[/quote]

Which appears to be the proper place given the fact you didn't create a mailbox as Pegasus Mail returns this path as your current new mail directory as shown on your pasted system info.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;PaulW&quot;]And IERenderer.ini is present in the \mail subdirectory.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Which appears to be the proper place given the fact you didn&#039;t create a mailbox as Pegasus Mail returns this path as your current new mail directory as shown on your pasted system info.&lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="PaulW"]

[quote user="Jerry Wise"]When you select to uncheck any item it is no longer a clean default full install. You have given installer a different instruction and it has followed it.  Same thing happens when installing to a certain drive and location and pmail.ini and last run information are found and picked up and used. In that case you do not end up with a new clean default install either. You end up with your defined settings or selection. Neither is right or wrong, just different.[/quote]

But the point I was trying to make is that I didn't uncheck  or change any item.  By default the installer gave me a 'Single-user mode' install.

And IERenderer.ini is present in the \mail subdirectory.

[/quote]

No arguments at all. Just statement that you did not have a default install or path before so you don't have one now because it was copied by the installer. Your two items WINPMAIL.EXE directory: C:\PMAIL461\Programs
Home mailbox location: C:\PMAIL461\MAIL both show that the default has been altered and while not wrong they do differ from a new current clean new install path and name. In your current setup if you have/had and ierenderer.ini file it was found in your home mail box location as was your pmail.ini file also. In a new clean default install with installer creating mailboxes the default user admin would have his pmail.ini and ierederer.ini would be located in c:\pmail\mail\admin location.

There are many who have their winpm-32.exe in c:\pmail and most have it in c:\pmail\programs and both are ok but only the second path is the new current default location and what brand new first time archive installer users will get when installer is run.  All of which only goes to point out, once again, why when answering questions from users it is important to receive the output of their Help, About, Info display in order to see or direct users as to where files go and where restored items must be replaced etc..

[quote user=&quot;PaulW&quot;]&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Jerry Wise&quot;]When you select to uncheck any item it is no longer a clean default full install. You have given installer a different instruction and it has followed it.&amp;nbsp; Same thing happens when installing to a certain drive and location and pmail.ini and last run information are found and picked up and used. In that case you do not end up with a new clean default install either. You end up with your defined settings or selection. Neither is right or wrong, just different.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;But the point I was trying to make is that I didn&#039;t &lt;b&gt;uncheck&lt;/b&gt;&amp;nbsp; or change any item.&amp;nbsp; By default the installer gave me a &#039;Single-user mode&#039; install.&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;And IERenderer.ini is present in the \mail subdirectory.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;No arguments at all. Just statement that you did not have a default install or path before so you don&#039;t have one now because it was copied by the installer. Your two items WINPMAIL.EXE directory: C:\PMAIL461\Programs Home mailbox location: C:\PMAIL461\MAIL both show that the default has been altered and while not wrong they do differ from a new current clean new install path and name. In your current setup if you have/had and ierenderer.ini file it was found in your home mail box location as was your pmail.ini file also. In a new clean default install with installer creating mailboxes the default user admin would have his pmail.ini and ierederer.ini would be located in c:\pmail\mail\admin location.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;There are many who have their winpm-32.exe in c:\pmail and most have it in c:\pmail\programs and both are ok but only the second path is the new current default location and what brand new first time archive installer users will get when installer is run.&amp;nbsp; All of which only goes to point out, once again, why when answering questions from users it is important to receive the output of their Help, About, Info display in order to see or direct users as to where files go and where restored items must be replaced etc.. &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft