Mercury Suggestions
Transient error: "File rename failure for 'user.organisation'."

Mercury/32 V4.73 with Novell Netware NDS-module.

Because logging in from Mercury/32 to NDS is not possible, this forum gives the advice to login to NDS prior to starting Mercury/32 with an account reduced to minimum necessary rights. Created such an account in first step with security equivalence to admin-account. Now started reducing the rights for that account. Ran in a little problem:

Due to policies set with NCONFIG  all users get right to create mailfiles in all other users new mail directory. Obviously Mercury/32 needs more rights. If a mail arrives for a local user, it is placed in queuedirectory of Mercury as file of type QDF. Than the coremodul copies this file to new mail directory in users homedirectory (CREATE) and than tries to rename it to type CNM for Pegasus to recognize it. Therefore the right CREATE isn't enough ... the reduced account needs MODIFY (which amongst others includes renaming) too. But that may be a securityrisk (and I will have to change rights of every of my hundreds accounts by hand and do that with every new account).

So it would be nice if Mercury/32 copies the QDF as CNM to the new mail directory instead of copying QDF and renaming  it to CNM afterwards!

Have a nice chrismas

Olaf

<p>Mercury/32 V4.73 with Novell Netware NDS-module.</p><p>Because logging in from Mercury/32 to NDS is not possible, this forum gives the advice to login to NDS prior to starting Mercury/32 with an account reduced to minimum necessary rights. Created such an account in first step with security equivalence to admin-account. Now started reducing the rights for that account. Ran in a little problem:</p><p>Due to policies set with NCONFIG  all users get right to create mailfiles in all other users new mail directory. Obviously Mercury/32 needs more rights. If a mail arrives for a local user, it is placed in queuedirectory of Mercury as file of type QDF. Than the coremodul copies this file to new mail directory in users homedirectory (CREATE) and than tries to rename it to type CNM for Pegasus to recognize it. Therefore the right CREATE isn't enough ... the reduced account needs MODIFY (which amongst others includes renaming) too. But that may be a securityrisk (and I will have to change rights of every of my hundreds accounts by hand and do that with every new account). </p><p>So it would be nice if Mercury/32 copies the QDF as CNM to the new mail directory instead of copying QDF and renaming  it to CNM afterwards!</p><p>Have a nice chrismas</p><p>     Olaf</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft