Extension development
Plug-in for commercial product

You can get a copy of the Pegasus Mail extension, RunExe from Gerard Thomas's website http://www.grtweb.info/     Do not confuse this with the general public utility with the same name.

Martin 

<p>You can get a copy of the Pegasus Mail extension, RunExe from Gerard Thomas's website http://www.grtweb.info/     Do not confuse this with the general public utility with the same name.</p><p> </p><p>Martin </p>

Many years ago I used Pegasus but for some reason drifted away it too, forgive my blasphemous uttering’s, MS Outlook 2003.  I have come to my senses and am now firmly entrenched with Pegasus version 4.41 eagerly anticipating the release of version 5.0.

One of the few things I found very handy in the aforementioned blasphemous product was the ability to call another program from the toolbar.  In this case “The American Heritage® Dictionary & Thesaurus”.  What you could do was highlight a word, press the button and the called program would activate on the highlighted word giving the definition and if needed a thesaurus application.

I have examined Pegasus a bit and see similar things talked about but they all seem to be of the invoking of a user developed plug-in, not a commercially available product.

I am a tinker, not a programmer.  Given an example I can usually muddle my way through things.  Any help would be appreciated.  BTW the file mentioned in the Resource Folder file ""bpanel.txt" "WINPMAIL.DAT" does not exist on my harddrive.

Thanks,  Glenn

<P>Many years ago I used Pegasus but for some reason drifted away it too, forgive my blasphemous uttering’s, MS Outlook 2003.  I have come to my senses and am now firmly entrenched with Pegasus version 4.41 eagerly anticipating the release of version 5.0.</P> <P>One of the few things I found very handy in the aforementioned blasphemous product was the ability to call another program from the toolbar.  In this case “The American Heritage® Dictionary & Thesaurus”.  What you could do was highlight a word, press the button and the called program would activate on the highlighted word giving the definition and if needed a thesaurus application.</P> <P>I have examined Pegasus a bit and see similar things talked about but they all seem to be of the invoking of a user developed plug-in, not a commercially available product.</P> <P>I am a tinker, not a programmer.  Given an example I can usually muddle my way through things.  Any help would be appreciated.  BTW the file mentioned in the Resource Folder file ""bpanel.txt" "WINPMAIL.DAT" does not exist on my harddrive.</P> <P>Thanks,  Glenn</P>

Hello,

To run a program from the Pegasus Mail toolbar is quite simple.  All you need is RunExe.dll  and follow the instructions in my Newsmail.zip file for adding an icon to the toolbar

Martin 

<p>Hello,</p><p>   To run a program from the Pegasus Mail toolbar is quite simple.  All you need is RunExe.dll  and follow the instructions in my Newsmail.zip file for adding an icon to the toolbar</p><p> </p><p>Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft