Mercury FAQ
E-Mail body is empty

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]

Some probe mailers only send headers, or when communication is interrupted you can end up with an e-mail without a body content. Many client software have BIG trouble getting these e-mails over POP3. If you add a global filtering rule to RULES.MER with the following line:

If not expression body matches "*" Delete ""

These e-mails are dumped before getting into the user-mailbox.

[/quote]

I've gotten the same thing happen when my virus scanner kills part of the message.

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"] <P>Some probe mailers only send headers, or when communication is interrupted you can end up with an e-mail without a body content. Many client software have BIG trouble getting these e-mails over POP3. If you add a global filtering rule to RULES.MER with the following line:</P> <P><FONT face="courier new,courier">If not expression body matches "*" Delete ""</FONT></P> <P>These e-mails are dumped before getting into the user-mailbox.</P> <P>[/quote]</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>I've gotten the same thing happen when my virus scanner kills part of the message.</P>

Some probe mailers only send headers, or when communication is interrupted you can end up with an e-mail without a body content. Many client software have BIG trouble getting these e-mails over POP3. If you add a global filtering rule to RULES.MER with the following line:

If not expression body matches "*" Delete ""

These e-mails are dumped before getting into the user-mailbox.

<P>Some probe mailers only send headers, or when communication is interrupted you can end up with an e-mail without a body content. Many client software have BIG trouble getting these e-mails over POP3. If you add a global filtering rule to RULES.MER with the following line:</P> <P><FONT face="courier new,courier">If not expression body matches "*" Delete ""</FONT></P> <P>These e-mails are dumped before getting into the user-mailbox.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft