Mercury Suggestions
Autoresponder setup via web browser

Thank you Rolf.

I installed Mercury yesterday, and have too many other problems right now. I will come back to this option later.

Bernward

<p>Thank you Rolf. </p><p>I installed Mercury yesterday, and have too many other problems right now. I will come back to this option later.</p><p> </p><p>Bernward </p>

Hello!

I am planning to use Mercury as our company mailserver. However, I am missing a feature where all users can set their out-of-office notifications and forwarders using their web browser. I don't want to grant server access to all users and let them handle with CFG files.

I know there is "Web tools for Mercury" but it seems unsupported since 2008, and I even don't know if it works with 2013 version 4.74 of Mercury. Also, as I have already squid proxy running on that machine, I don't want another webserver there.

Mercury has its own MercuryB HTTP server module, providing the MLSS module right now. Is an autoresponder module planned? Could I program such plugin for MercuryB myself?

Regards,

Bernward

<p>Hello!</p><p>I am planning to use Mercury as our company mailserver. However, I am missing a feature where all users can set their out-of-office notifications and forwarders using their web browser. I don't want to grant server access to all users and let them handle with CFG files. </p><p>I know there is "Web tools for Mercury" but it seems unsupported since 2008, and I even don't know if it works with 2013 version 4.74 of Mercury. Also, as I have already squid proxy running on that machine, I don't want another webserver there. </p><p>Mercury has its own MercuryB HTTP server module, providing the MLSS module right now. Is an autoresponder module planned? Could I program such plugin for MercuryB myself?</p><p> Regards,</p><p>Bernward </p>

With some programming experience it should definitely be possible to create a MercuryB module to handle autoreplies and forwarding.

There is actually a more recent version of the external web tool package, though. First download the installer: http://downloads.serieguide.se/webtools.zip

Install the program in the main Mercury directory (that shouldn't have write restrictions, so it's best to avoid the Program Files folders in Vista/Win7/Win8).

Finally replace the HTTPServer.exe and cmdinterface.dll files with the 2011 versions that can be found here: http://downloads.serieguide.se/webtoolsupdate.zip

The HTTPserver program doesn't require any other networking components, and can co-exist with IIS or Squid as long as you chose a different port. Run it in application mode until the configuration is complete. When it works as expected you can start it as a service, which in recent versions of Windows may cause the tray icon to disappear.

/Rolf 

<p>With some programming experience it should definitely be possible to create a MercuryB module to handle autoreplies and forwarding.</p><p>There is actually a more recent version of the external web tool package, though. First download the installer: http://downloads.serieguide.se/webtools.zip</p><p>Install the program in the main Mercury directory (that shouldn't have write restrictions, so it's best to avoid the Program Files folders in Vista/Win7/Win8).</p><p>Finally replace the HTTPServer.exe and cmdinterface.dll files with the 2011 versions that can be found here: <span style="font-size: 10pt;">http://downloads.serieguide.se/</span>webtoolsupdate.zip</p><p>The HTTPserver program doesn't require any other networking components, and can co-exist with IIS or Squid as long as you chose a different port. Run it in application mode until the configuration is complete. When it works as expected you can start it as a service, which in recent versions of Windows may cause the tray icon to disappear.</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">/Rolf </span></p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft