Extension development
AW: Bearhtml 4.6.15 available

I have fixed this Korean message problem. The code is included with the Bearhtml 4.6.16 maintenance to be released shortly.

Martin 

<p>I have fixed this Korean message problem. The code is included with the Bearhtml 4.6.16 maintenance to be released shortly.</p><p>Martin </p>

Minor update to fix a crash occuring when cursor moves over an internal document link (ie #anywhere).. See download area for download link.

Martin 

<p>Minor update to fix a crash occuring when cursor moves over an internal document link (ie #anywhere).. See download area for download link.</p><p>Martin </p>

Martin, [W]

thank you for your work with Bearhtml. [:)]  I have tested Bearhtml 4.6.15, but I have problems with this version. If the user sends a mail with "X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0" there are new format problems since versions after Bear46101. If I disable css, the probelms  with "X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0" are solved, but many other mails then looks not fine. So I have to set css to yes. But the bigger problem is, that pmail can suddenly crash when I open mails. It do not crash  alway when opening  the same mail.    I now use Bear46101 again, where this problems (on my PC) do not exist. Pmail (on my PC - WIN-XP) never crashs with this version.

The log-file when Pmail crashs end like this:

23:10:08 TD Tidy returned 1
23:10:08 
23:10:08 VC: Html file: C:\DOKUME~1\Internet\LOKALE~1\Temp\WPM$AULD.PM$ Charset: euc-kr
23:10:08 VC Setfile #2 C:\DOKUME~1\Internet\LOKALE~1\Temp\WPM$AULD.PM$
23:10:08 IsUtf8 Checking for unicode
23:10:08 IsUtf8 End checking for unicode
23:10:08 IsUtf8 Checking for binary
23:10:08 IsUtf8: 162 does not qualify as Utf-8
23:10:08 Translit called for byte value 162
23:10:08 Trnslt byte now: *
23:10:08 IsUtf8 Encoding type: 2
23:10:08 IsUtf8 0 = Not reqd, 1 = Utf8 already, 2 = Binary found, 3 = Unicode
23:10:08 UT: Charset: euc-kr not converted to UTF-8 ***

I hope this helps.

regards [:)]

<P>Martin, [W]</P> <P>thank you for your work with Bearhtml. [:)]  I have tested Bearhtml 4.6.15, but I have problems with this version. If the user sends a mail with "<FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial>X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0" there are new format problems since versions after Bear46101. If I disable css, the probelms  with "<FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial>X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0" are solved, but many other mails then looks not fine. So I have to set css to yes. But the bigger problem is, that pmail can suddenly crash when I open mails. It do not crash  alway when opening  the same mail.    I now use Bear46101 again, where this problems (on my PC) do not exist. Pmail (on my PC - WIN-XP) never crashs with this version.</FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial>The log-file when Pmail crashs end like this: </FONT></FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial>23:10:08 TD Tidy returned 1 23:10:08  23:10:08 VC: Html file: C:\DOKUME~1\Internet\LOKALE~1\Temp\WPM$AULD.PM$ Charset: euc-kr 23:10:08 VC Setfile #2 C:\DOKUME~1\Internet\LOKALE~1\Temp\WPM$AULD.PM$ 23:10:08 IsUtf8 Checking for unicode 23:10:08 IsUtf8 End checking for unicode 23:10:08 IsUtf8 Checking for binary 23:10:08 IsUtf8: 162 does not qualify as Utf-8 23:10:08 Translit called for byte value 162 23:10:08 Trnslt byte now: * 23:10:08 IsUtf8 Encoding type: 2 23:10:08 IsUtf8 0 = Not reqd, 1 = Utf8 already, 2 = Binary found, 3 = Unicode 23:10:08 UT: Charset: euc-kr not converted to UTF-8 *** </FONT></FONT></P> <P><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I hope this helps. </FONT></FONT></P><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial> <P>regards [:)]</P></FONT></FONT>

[quote user="peggy"]But the bigger problem is, that pmail can suddenly crash when I open mails. It do not crash  alway when opening  the same mail.[/quote]

Martin, if you can provide a DBG file for your latest version we could try to get a meaningful crash dump from "peggy".

<p>[quote user="peggy"]<font size="2" face="Arial"><font size="2" face="Arial"><font size="2" face="Arial"><font size="2" face="Arial">But the bigger problem is, that pmail can suddenly crash when I open mails. It do not crash  alway when opening  the same mail.</font></font></font>[/quote]</font></p><p>Martin, if you can provide a DBG file for your latest version we could try to get a meaningful crash dump from "peggy".</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

As you mention that disabling CSS causes messages to display, but maybe not fully showing all the author's composition skills, I would really appreciate a copy of one of these messages, so I can examine the CSS coding. Could you send a message to irelam@telus.net

Thank you,

Martin

P.S  I will work on producing a debug file and make it available on Community in the next few days. 

<p>As you mention that disabling CSS causes messages to display, but maybe not fully showing all the author's composition skills, I would really appreciate a copy of one of these messages, so I can examine the CSS coding. Could you send a message to irelam@telus.net</p><p>Thank you,</p><p>     Martin</p><p>P.S  I will work on producing a debug file and make it available on Community in the next few days. </p>

Michael,

I will get a Debug file created shortly, although I imagine that it is a CSS V3 verb that has been introduced by the sender.

Martin 

<p>Michael,</p><p>   I will get a Debug file created shortly, although I imagine that it is a CSS V3 verb that has been introduced by the sender.</p><p>Martin </p>

Peggy

While you wait for some feedback on these problems, could I ask you to update Bearhtml.ini to increase the Loglevel= line to Loglevel=7  This will provide more detailed logging for the Korean charset problem. Once you have updated this line, restart Pegasus Mail, and try reading the Korean message(s) again. I would then appreciate a copy of the Bearhtml.log reporting on these messages.  As I mentioned before, I wouild appreciate a copy of one of these messages.  I will be producing a debug file and a simple update to Bearhtml, to see if it solves the problem. It will be Bearhtml 4.6.16

Thank you

Martin 

<p>Peggy</p><p>While you wait for some feedback on these problems, could I ask you to update Bearhtml.ini to increase the Loglevel= line to <span style="font-size: 10pt;">Loglevel=7  This will provide more detailed logging for the Korean charset problem. Once you have updated this line, restart Pegasus Mail, and try reading the Korean message(s) again. I would then appreciate a copy of the Bearhtml.log reporting on these messages.  As I mentioned before, I wouild appreciate a copy of one of these messages.  I will be producing a debug file and a simple update to Bearhtml, to see if it solves the problem. It will be Bearhtml 4.6.16</span></p><p>Thank you</p><p>              Martin </p>

Martin [W]

I have sent you a copy with the "Microsoft Outlook 14.0" CSS problem and a copy of the "bearhtml.log" file after set Loglevel=7 and Pmail crashs with V.4.6.15.

regards [:)]

<FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial> <P align=left>Martin [W]</P></FONT></FONT><FONT size=2> <P align=left mce_keep="true"> </P></FONT><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial> <P align=left>I have sent you a copy with the "Microsoft Outlook 14.0" CSS problem and a copy of the "bearhtml.log" file after set Loglevel=7 and Pmail crashs with V.4.6.15. </P></FONT></FONT><FONT size=2> <P align=left mce_keep="true"> </P></FONT><FONT size=2 face=Arial><FONT size=2 face=Arial> <P align=left>regards [:)]</P></FONT></FONT>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft