Community Discussions and Support
AW: Error: "Html Not initialized!" when trying to import html file

[quote user="Henrik Rosenø"]I just realized I can avoid the "lazy HTML" by reducing the image-files to about 1/10 using Fotosizer to convert them from PNG to JPG... Issue solved! :-) [/quote]

Congratulations ;-)!

<p>[quote user="Henrik Rosenø"]I just realized I can avoid the "lazy HTML" by reducing the image-files to about 1/10 using Fotosizer to convert them from PNG to JPG... Issue solved! :-) [/quote]</p><p>Congratulations ;-)!</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Hi!

Why do I get the error message "Html Not initialized!" when I try to import an html file (Menu: Message -> Import HTML fil...) ??

Update: I am, of course, talking about using the message editor to compose/write a mail-message!

<p>Hi!</p><p>Why do I get the error message "Html Not initialized!" when I try to import an html file (Menu: Message -> Import HTML fil...) ?? </p><p>Update: I am, of course, talking about using the message editor to compose/write a mail-message!</p><p> </p>

Hi Henrik,

I have the same problem ( V 4.70 DE) when I try to  import a html file in the new message editor.  I get this error message too. It  is a new problem, because with V4.63 DE I had often used this function without any problems.

Peggy [W] 

<P>Hi Henrik, </P> <P>I have the same problem ( V 4.70 DE) when I try to  import a html file in the new message editor.  I get this error message too. It  is a new problem, because with V4.63 DE I had often used this function without any problems.</P> <P>Peggy [W] </P>

[quote user="peggy"]I have the same problem ( V 4.70 DE) when I try to  import a html file in the new message editor.  I get this error message too.[/quote]

It appears to depend on the kind of HTML you import: Some files load without problems, some with a single error, others with mulitple ones. According to some not comprehensive testing images are causing such an error.

<p>[quote user="peggy"]I have the same problem ( V 4.70 DE) when I try to  import a html file in the new message editor.  I get this error message too.[/quote]</p><p>It appears to depend on the kind of HTML you import: Some files load without problems, some with a single error, others with mulitple ones. According to some not comprehensive testing images are causing such an error.</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="idw"]It appears to depend on the kind of HTML you import: Some files load without problems, some with a single error, others with mulitple ones. According to some not comprehensive testing images are causing such an error.[/quote]

Hi 'idw'

That's a pity. The reason I was trying to import HTML-files was exactly because it seems to be the only way(??) of including an image in a mail by referring to it's URL on the Internet instead of including the actual image. Is there any way around this? Or should I follow the advice I have found elsewhere here on the forum, to install Thunderbird and use it for composing and sending that sort of mails?

<p>[quote user="idw"]It appears to depend on the kind of HTML you import: Some files load without problems, some with a single error, others with mulitple ones. According to some not comprehensive testing images are causing such an error.[/quote]</p><p>Hi 'idw'</p><p>That's a pity. The reason I was trying to import HTML-files was exactly because it seems to be the only way(??) of including an image in a mail by referring to it's URL on the Internet instead of including the actual image. Is there any way around this? Or should I follow the advice I have found elsewhere here on the forum, to install Thunderbird and use it for composing and sending that sort of mails? </p>

[quote user="Henrik Rosenø"]Is there any way around this?[/quote]I don't think so, but you can always attach such an HTML file. And, BTW, as opposed to "peggy" I encounter this same issue with v4.63 ...

[quote user="Henrik Rosenø"]Or should I follow the advice I have found elsewhere here on the forum, to install Thunderbird and use it for composing and sending that sort of mails?[/quote]I have no opinion on this. Aside from this messages using "lazy HTML" might trigger spam detection rules.

<p>[quote user="Henrik Rosenø"]Is there any way around this?[/quote]I don't think so, but you can always attach such an HTML file. And, BTW, as opposed to "peggy" I encounter this same issue with v4.63 ...</p><p>[quote user="Henrik Rosenø"]Or should I follow the advice I have found elsewhere here on the forum, to install Thunderbird and use it for composing and sending that sort of mails?[/quote]I have no opinion on this. Aside from this messages using "lazy HTML" might trigger spam detection rules.</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Hi again 'idw'

Thank you very much for your response.

- Henrik

<p>Hi again 'idw'</p><p>Thank you very much for your response.</p><p>- Henrik </p>

[quote user="idw"] ... you can always attach such an HTML file. ... [/quote]

I just realized I can avoid the "lazy HTML" by reducing the image-files to about 1/10 using Fotosizer to convert them from PNG to JPG... Issue solved! :-)

<p>[quote user="idw"] ... you can always attach such an HTML file. ... [/quote]</p><p>I just realized I can avoid the "lazy HTML" by reducing the image-files to about 1/10 using Fotosizer to convert them from PNG to JPG... Issue solved! :-) </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft