Community Discussions and Support
Dropbox problem - new, and missing folder index file

My wife and I have two PCs, and the Pegasus Mail is all set up on mine, and they use a basic Win10 network. This has been fine since Windows 2000!

Just over a year ago we decided to use Dropbox for backup. As all the files are one my PC and have separate used directories, I did not expect any trouble. Things were apparently OK for a year. It was only when Dropbox took a renewal payment from a card I no longer use that it occurred to me to check that ther backing up was how it should be. Unexpectedly, Dropbox sent me and email saying that over 30K files had been deleted. I was unaware of what caused this. I then noticed that a lot of files had "Dropbox conflicted files" and that the other copy was a year old.

We now seem to have a few cases of .PMI mailbox folder index files gone missing. The .PMM messages file is OK but is no longer visible. Is there a way to get Pmail to re-index a PMM in this situation?

Cheers

<p>My wife and I have two PCs, and the Pegasus Mail is all set up on mine, and they use a basic Win10 network. This has been fine since Windows 2000! </p><p>Just over a year ago we decided to use Dropbox for backup. As all the files are one my PC and have separate used directories, I did not expect any trouble. Things were apparently OK for a year. It was only when Dropbox took a renewal payment from a card I no longer use that it occurred to me to check that ther backing up was how it should be. Unexpectedly, Dropbox sent me and email saying that over 30K files had been deleted. I was unaware of what caused this. I then noticed that a lot of files had "Dropbox conflicted files" and that the other copy was a year old. </p><p>We now seem to have a few cases of .PMI mailbox folder index files gone missing. The .PMM messages file is OK but is no longer visible. Is there a way to get Pmail to re-index a PMM in this situation?</p><p>Cheers </p>

The "Repair" function of a utility called mbxmaint_ui.exe will create a new index file.  That utility is included with Pegasus Mail in the \Programs directory.  Its GUI is self-explanatory.

FWIW, I prefer to 'repair' a copy of the .PMM file, keeping a safety copy of the original until all is well.  You can place a copy the utility and a .PMM file in a temp location and do the repair there if you want.

<p>The "Repair" function of a utility called mbxmaint_ui.exe will create a new index file.  That utility is included with Pegasus Mail in the \Programs directory.  Its GUI is self-explanatory. </p><p>FWIW, I prefer to 'repair' a copy of the .PMM file, keeping a safety copy of the original until all is well.  You can place a copy the utility and a .PMM file in a temp location and do the repair there if you want. </p>

Many thanks for prompt reply. I will try that now...

Cheers

Aidan

<p>Many thanks for prompt reply. I will try that now...</p><p>Cheers</p><p>Aidan </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft