Community Discussions and Support
How to Connect Pegasus Mail with Old PMail Files

Hi,

I joined this forum to get help figuring out how to connect old Pegasus Mail files with the latest PMail version.

I inherited my Dad's old computer which used Pegasus Mail until about 2008. I want to be able to read his emails on that computer, but I don't know how to connect the recent version of PMail with the old version.

As near as I can tell, the old version was 441. I believe it ran under Windows XP. Then he switched to Windows 7 and quit using Pegasus Mail, switching to Thunderbird.

I successfully installed PM version 4.73 today.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

<p>Hi,</p><p>I joined this forum to get help figuring out how to connect old Pegasus Mail files with the latest PMail version.</p><p>I inherited my Dad's old computer which used Pegasus Mail until about 2008. I want to be able to read his emails on that computer, but I don't know how to connect the recent version of PMail with the old version.</p><p>As near as I can tell, the old version was 441. I believe it ran under Windows XP. Then he switched to Windows 7 and quit using Pegasus Mail, switching to Thunderbird. </p><p>I successfully installed PM version 4.73 today. </p><p>Any suggestions?</p><p>Thanks for your help! </p>

Does the original (Pegasus) Mail directory still exist ?

I would just install 4.73 over it if so (as upgrade)

<p>Does the original (Pegasus) Mail directory still exist ?</p><p>I would just install 4.73 over it if so (as upgrade)</p>  <p> </p>

[quote user="Shades"]

Does the original (Pegasus) Mail directory still exist ?

I would just install 4.73 over it if so (as upgrade)[/quote]

Yes, but in a different location from the original from my Dad's computer. I installed 4.73 today, and the files went into the default location C:\PMAIL. But I installed my Dad's old disk into my computer and copied the files onto my own hard drive, in a temporary location. So now I have something like this, which contains the PMail files from my Dad's computer:

C:Temp\Program Files\PMAIL

This contains many files and directories, but I don't know what I'm looking at.

[quote user="Shades"]<p>Does the original (Pegasus) Mail directory still exist ?</p><p>I would just install 4.73 over it if so (as upgrade)[/quote]</p><p>Yes, but in a different location from the original from my Dad's computer. I installed 4.73 today, and the files went into the default location C:\PMAIL. But I installed my Dad's old disk into my computer and copied the files onto my own hard drive, in a temporary location. So now I have something like this, which contains the PMail files from my Dad's computer:</p><p>C:Temp\Program Files\PMAIL</p><p>This contains many files and directories, but I don't know what I'm looking at.</p><p> </p>

My original instructions hold but you could try this,

1) Take a look at the OLD  Pegasus (C:Temp\Program Files\PMAIL) and search for file pairs of *.PMM / *.PMI (and maybe *.CNM ) files, note that directory name

2) Run your NEW Pegasus then add a new mail box

Folders | Add mailbox to list  ...

3) Select the directory you found at step 1

you should now see the mails (and strucrture) from the OLD Pegasus

<p>My original instructions hold but you could try this, </p><p>1) Take a look at the OLD  Pegasus (C:Temp\Program Files\PMAIL) and search for file pairs of *.PMM / *.PMI (and maybe *.CNM ) files, note that directory name </p><p>2) Run your NEW Pegasus then add a new mail box</p><p> Folders | Add mailbox to list  ... </p><p>3) Select the directory you found at step 1</p><p>you should now see the mails (and strucrture) from the OLD Pegasus</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft