Community Discussions and Support
combine mails from two computers

That worked quite well.

I did two sets. One for the messages in the main folder and one for those in the Copies to Self folder. Everything is now as it should be.

Thanks!

<p>That worked quite well.</p><p>I did two sets. One for the messages in the main folder and one for those in the Copies to Self folder. Everything is now as it should be.</p><p>  Thanks!</p>

I normally use pmail from a single computer, and have for years. A few weeks ago I had emergency surgery that landed me in the hospital for a week and then a couple of weeks in a rehab center. I had friends loan me a laptop in the rehab center, and copy my pmail folders from my desktop computer. I was able to download and install Pegasus on the laptop and then copy the three user folders from my desktop setup into the MAIL folder on the laptop and everything was fine. I was able to continue on from there on the laptop as if nothing had happened.

Yesterday I was released from the rehab center. If I had been smart I would have immediately copied the user folders from the laptop over to the desktop, overwriting the old ones, and everything would have continued as if nothing had changed.

Instead, I was stupid and jumped right back onto the desktop and dealt with the day's emails, and again today. So now I have one set of user folders on the desktop that contain all my emails from the distant past up until about November 20, and then the newest ones from Dec 14 and 15. Meanwhile I have the same user folders sitting on the laptop that contain the same ancient emails all the way up to Dec 13. And I now need to get the emails from Nov 20th through Dec 13 off of that laptop and merged with the mail folders on the desktop.

My thought is that maybe I could  copy the laptop user folders to a temporary folder on the desktop and tell pmail to access it as a new mailbox. Then open the appropriate folders there and move or copy them to the folders in the original mailbox.

Does that sound right? Can I have two mailboxes open at once, and copy between them?

<p>I normally use pmail from a single computer, and have for years. A few weeks ago I had emergency surgery that landed me in the hospital for a week and then a couple of weeks in a rehab center. I had friends loan me a laptop in the rehab center, and copy my pmail folders from my desktop computer. I was able to download and install Pegasus on the laptop and then copy the three user folders from my desktop setup into the MAIL folder on the laptop and everything was fine. I was able to continue on from there on the laptop as if nothing had happened.</p><p> Yesterday I was released from the rehab center. If I had been smart I would have immediately copied the user folders from the laptop over to the desktop, overwriting the old ones, and everything would have continued as if nothing had changed.</p><p>Instead, I was stupid and jumped right back onto the desktop and dealt with the day's emails, and again today. So now I have one set of user folders on the desktop that contain all my emails from the distant past up until about November 20, and then the newest ones from Dec 14 and 15. Meanwhile I have the same user folders sitting on the laptop that contain the same ancient emails all the way up to Dec 13. And I now need to get the emails from Nov 20th through Dec 13 off of that laptop and merged with the mail folders on the desktop.</p><p> My thought is that maybe I could  copy the laptop user folders to a temporary folder on the desktop and tell pmail to access it as a new mailbox. Then open the appropriate folders there and move or copy them to the folders in the original mailbox.</p><p> Does that sound right? Can I have two mailboxes open at once, and copy between them? </p>

You could do that BUT

It may be easier to move the new mail on laptop back to the NMF and then copy the *.CNM files to your desktop PC (user mail dir)

<p>You could do that BUT</p><p>It may be easier to move the new mail on laptop back to the NMF and then copy the *.CNM files to your desktop PC (user mail dir) </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft