Community Discussions and Support
Previous Attachment download problems

There is a whitepaper in the downloads section of this sight called "Pegasus Mail files to copy to a new system guide".  This is the direct URL

http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/whitepapers/entry41852.aspx

It was written specifically to provide to help copying data from an existing install to a clean install on a new PC.  Pegasus Mail v4.63 is the version on which it is based.  Versions 4.7x introduced some additional files but the guide remains relevant. 

There should not be any overwrites during the process.

There will likely be files from the old install that won't be in the new install, especially if the old install has been through a number of upgrades.  If in doubt, ask first before copying a file. 

You should recreate any configurations that can be easily recreated, like the POP3 and SMTP host files.

The PMAIL.INI file from the old install can be used as a reference when configuring the new install.  Don't copy it to the new install though.

Good luck.

<p>There is a whitepaper in the downloads section of this sight called "Pegasus Mail files to copy to a new system guide".  This is the direct URL </p><p> http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/whitepapers/entry41852.aspx</p><p>It was written specifically to provide to help copying data from an existing install to a clean install on a new PC.  Pegasus Mail v4.63 is the version on which it is based.  Versions 4.7x introduced some additional files but the guide remains relevant.  </p><p>There should not be any overwrites during the process.</p><p>There will likely be files from the old install that won't be in the new install, especially if the old install has been through a number of upgrades.  If in doubt, ask first before copying a file.  </p><p>You should recreate any configurations that can be easily recreated, like the POP3 and SMTP host files.</p><p>The PMAIL.INI file from the old install can be used as a reference when configuring the new install.  Don't copy it to the new install though.</p><p>Good luck. </p><p> </p><p><b> </b></p><h2 class="CommonTitle"> </h2><p> </p>

I apologize for coming back when I essentially provided a check mark indicating problem was solved when in actuality it was not. Many thanks to Brian and Michael for attempting to help me on this problem but it seems no matter what I attempt to solve it's just not working out.I have transferred attachments to another email account and they opened w/o problem

I have basically come to the conclusion what Michael had suggested that I may have to download a "clean" copy as something may have caused a problem when everything was transferred from a computer using Windows XP to a recently bought new computer providing Windows 7. That won't be a problem to do EXCEPT I want to save all my folders as important information is there and not wanting to lose. What would be best way to save and how should I do it? I probably could place somehow on a flash drive etc.but where is this info actually found Question 2 to that situation...after a clean copy is loaded how does one reload files onto new copy? Probably easy to do but I've never had to do this with Pegasus

I thank everyone for the time and effort given to me on this but as mentioned I believe Michael had right idea on a "clean" copy for his reasons given. I thank all in advance! Be warned! Getting old is certainly no fun but I try

Eshtaol

<p>I apologize for coming back when I essentially provided a check mark indicating problem was solved when in actuality it was not. Many thanks to Brian and Michael for attempting to help me on this problem but it seems no matter what I attempt to solve it's just not working out.I have transferred attachments to another email account and they opened w/o problem</p><p>I have basically come to the conclusion what Michael had suggested that I may have to download a "clean" copy as something may have caused a problem when everything was transferred from a computer using Windows XP to a recently bought new computer providing Windows 7. That won't be a problem to do EXCEPT I want to save all my folders as important information is there and not wanting to lose. What would be best way to save and how should I do it? I probably could place somehow on a flash drive etc.but where is this info actually found Question 2 to that situation...after a clean copy is loaded how does one reload files onto new copy? Probably easy to do but I've never had to do this with Pegasus </p><p>I thank everyone for the time and effort given to me on this but as mentioned I believe Michael had right idea on a "clean" copy for his reasons given. I thank all in advance! Be warned! Getting old is certainly no fun but I try </p><p>Eshtaol </p><p> </p>

I don't know if anyone suggested it, but running my utility, Notsplit (in Community) would extract all the messages in the folder and allow you to pass the messages back to the NewMail folder for re-opening (with attachments). That would prove whether the message(s) is/are damaged in some way, or it is the process that was used to perform the transfer between machines.

Martin

<p>I don't know if anyone suggested it, but running my utility, Notsplit (in Community) would extract all the messages in the folder and allow you to pass the messages back to the NewMail folder for re-opening (with attachments). That would prove whether the message(s) is/are damaged in some way, or it is the process that was used to perform the transfer between machines.</p><p> Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft