Community Discussions and Support
Multiple e-mail configs

Good Morning Brian:

Your simple and elegant solution works like a charm.

Thank you for the suggestion, it is appreciated.

All The Best

Tom G, Sr.

<p><span style="font-family: 'Akkurat Std', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 18px; white-space: pre;">Good Morning Brian: Your simple and elegant solution works like a charm. </span></p><p><span style="font-family: 'Akkurat Std', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 18px; white-space: pre;">Thank you for the suggestion, it is appreciated.</span></p><p><span style="font-family: 'Akkurat Std', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 18px; white-space: pre;"> All The Best Tom G, Sr. </span></p>

Good Afternoon:

I've been wrestling with Pegasus all morning. Attempting to retrieve mail from the AOL/Verizon servers., which keep timing out.

With that said, I noticed (in the lower left toolbar) that when attempting to retrieve mail that multiple (four) logins are taking place, one after the other. I deleted two previous POP3 hosts, leaving two, my primary and a secondary host.

Even though the deleted host apparently lives on... can a kind soul point out where the remnant host file lives, so that I can eradicate them?.

All assistance is gratefully accepted. 

Thank You

Tom G, Sr. 

<p>Good Afternoon:</p><p> </p><p>I've been wrestling with Pegasus all morning. Attempting to retrieve mail from the AOL/Verizon servers., which keep timing out.</p><p> </p><p>With that said, I noticed (in the lower left toolbar) that when attempting to retrieve mail that multiple (four) logins are taking place, one after the other. I deleted two previous POP3 hosts, leaving two, my primary and a secondary host.</p><p> </p><p>Even though the deleted host apparently lives on... can a kind soul point out where the remnant host file lives, so that I can eradicate them?.</p><p> </p><p>All assistance is gratefully accepted. </p><p> </p><p>Thank You</p><p> </p><p>Tom G, Sr. </p><p> </p>

It is a combination of hosts and identities.  You can have one identity checking multiple hosts, you can have multiple identities each checking a different host, or you can have a combination thereof.

My guess is that you have multiple identities whose hosts are being checked.  What you might want to initially do is to make sure you're running as the appropriate identity and then go into Tools > Internet Options > Receiving tab and disable the "When checking for mail, perform checks for all identities".  The result should be that only the hosts specified for that identity get checked. 

<p>It is a combination of hosts and identities.  <span style="font-size: 10pt;">You can have one identity checking multiple hosts, you can have multiple identities each checking a different host, or you can have a combination thereof.</span></p><p>My guess is that you have multiple identities whose hosts are being checked.  What you might want to initially do is to make sure you're running as the appropriate identity and then go into Tools > Internet Options > Receiving tab and disable the "When checking for mail, perform checks for all identities".  The result should be that only the hosts specified for that identity get checked. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft