Community Discussions and Support
Default Font for Pasted Text.

AFAIK, the font button on the new message toolbar is specific to that message.  The one in the main window toolbar sets the default for the active window.  Also, default fonts are identity specific.

Keep in mind that the recipients font settings will dictate how it's displayed on their end unless you are sending formatted html.  That's a frustration for me.  My emails routinely contain lines with numbers so I send in a mono-spaced font.  Number alignment looks good when I hit send but it's usually a mess when quoted in a reply.  The use of a table helps but requires too much effort just to send a few short lines containing text and numbers.

<p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">AFAIK, the font button on the new message toolbar is specific to that message.  The one in the main window toolbar sets the default for the active window.  Also, default fonts are identity specific.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Keep in mind that the recipients font settings will dictate how it's displayed on their end unless you are sending formatted html.  That's a frustration for me.  My emails routinely contain lines with numbers so I send in a mono-spaced font.  Number alignment looks good when I hit send but it's usually a mess when quoted in a reply.  The use of a table helps but requires too much effort just to send a few short lines containing text and numbers.</span></p><p> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></p>

This is perhaps a silly post for someone who has been using Pegasus for so long but it is a niggle I come across every time I paste text into an email.  The Font used is always the rather unpleasant Time New Roman and I always use Arial which is a much cleaner font.  I have never found a setting for this in Pegasus, is there one or will I need to change something in Windows 10?

Thanks for reading this

Chris

<p>This is perhaps a silly post for someone who has been using Pegasus for so long but it is a niggle I come across every time I paste text into an email.  The Font used is always the rather unpleasant Time New Roman and I always use Arial which is a much cleaner font.  I have never found a setting for this in Pegasus, is there one or will I need to change something in Windows 10?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for reading this</p><p> </p><p>Chris </p>

Some things I know about pasting text...

If you always sent text only messages then you want the "Always paste plain text..." option enabled (Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Message formatting.  This will paste in the font you have set for new messages.

If the "Always paste plain text..." option is disabled, the paste will maintain the formatting from the source.

There is a right-click "paste special" option that provides some paste control.  Note that the  "Always paste plain text..." setting overrides the formatted text option here.

<p>Some things I know about pasting text...</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">If you always sent text only messages then you want the "Always paste plain text..." option enabled (Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Message formatting.  This will paste in the font you have set for new messages.</span></p><p>If the "Always paste plain text..." option is disabled, the paste will maintain the formatting from the source.</p><p>There is a right-click "paste special" option that provides some paste control.  Note that the  <span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">"Always paste plain text..."</span><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;"> setting overrides the formatted text option here.</span></p><p> </p>

Thanks Brian,

I might try always paste plain text again.  normally the source I am pasting from uses Arial anyway.

Is the font for new messages the one selected in the new message window f button?  I cannoy find any other setting for this and mine has always been Arial.

Thanks

Chris

<p>Thanks Brian,</p><p> I might try always paste plain text again.  normally the source I am pasting from uses Arial anyway. Is the font for new messages the one selected in the new message window f button?  I cannoy find any other setting for this and mine has always been Arial.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Chris </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft