Community Discussions and Support
Bulk printing

I quick test I just did didn't work as planned. The Print rule action seems to work only on plain text messages, and even so it doesn't cope well with repeatedly action calls.

I quick test I just did didn't work as planned. The Print rule action seems to work only on plain text messages, and even so it doesn't cope well with repeatedly action calls.

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

Hi there,

Is bulk printing of mail (per folder or per mailbox) possible (preferably on a per message basis)?
If export to PDF is possible that's fine too.
In the end I would like to have an archive of all my mail in PDF.

Thanks if someone knows the trick.
Pega

<p>Hi there,</p><p>Is bulk printing of mail (per folder or per mailbox) possible (preferably on a per message basis)? If export to PDF is possible that's fine too. In the end I would like to have an archive of all my mail in PDF. </p><p>Thanks if someone knows the trick. Pega </p>

I wonder if this is practical considering a renderer is needed to display HTML content and retrieve remote content.   

If a pdf of raw content is sufficient then I think you could use the NOTSPLIT utility to break folder files down into individual .CNM files and then print those to pdf (might need to rename to .TXT).

<p>I wonder if this is practical considering a renderer is needed to display HTML content and retrieve remote content.   </p><p>If a pdf of raw content is sufficient then I think you could u<span style="font-size: 10pt;">se the NOTSPLIT utility to break folder files down into individual .CNM files and then print those to pdf (might need to rename to .TXT).</span></p>

[quote user="Pega"]

Hi there,

Is bulk printing of mail (per folder or per mailbox) possible (preferably on a per message basis)?
If export to PDF is possible that's fine too.
In the end I would like to have an archive of all my mail in PDF.

Thanks if someone knows the trick.
Pega

[/quote]

AFAIK, nope to all. Pegasus Mail can only print an opened/rendered message, one at a time. Of course you can open several messages, etc. The same applies to PDF. You'll need a PDF printer to export message contents to it.

OTOH you can use the rule action "Print" to achieve it, I suppose. Say you select several messages and change its color to Fuchsia, and you have a on-close rule to print all Fuchsia-colored messages and change its color to black after printing. It will be done to your default print. I didn't test it but it is as described on Pegasus Mail Help. Maybe you can try and share your findings here.[;)]

[quote user="Pega"]<p>Hi there,</p><p>Is bulk printing of mail (per folder or per mailbox) possible (preferably on a per message basis)? If export to PDF is possible that's fine too. In the end I would like to have an archive of all my mail in PDF. </p><p>Thanks if someone knows the trick. Pega </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>AFAIK, nope to all. Pegasus Mail can only print an opened/rendered message, one at a time. Of course you can open several messages, etc. The same applies to PDF. You'll need a PDF printer to export message contents to it. OTOH you can use the rule action "Print" to achieve it, I suppose. Say you select several messages and change its color to Fuchsia, and you have a on-close rule to print all Fuchsia-colored messages and change its color to black after printing. It will be done to your default print. I didn't test it but it is as described on Pegasus Mail Help. Maybe you can try and share your findings here.[;)] </p>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

I agree with Brian, things like remote images are by their names not stored with the message, but fetched when the message is opened (in Bearhtml or IERenderer). Secondly, on the same point, once the images are displayed, the page can be printed, but of course the images are binary object and cannot be handled unless by special software (bearhtml or IERenderer) that captures and handles them.

So as Brian mentioned the only way to print would be to use a utility like Notsplit (mine) and then collect up all the individual files and zip them up. That would be a lot of work, and is just duplicating what is already in existence, namely Pegasus Mail folders. But remote images are not collected in folders, so that part of the message would be missing until opened by either Bearhtml or IERenderer..

If the images are what you want, you should start saving them as you receive the messages in a directory setup for holding them.

HTH

Martin

<p>I agree with Brian, things like remote images are by their names not stored with the message, but fetched when the message is opened (in Bearhtml or IERenderer). Secondly, on the same point, once the images are displayed, the page can be printed, but of course the images are binary object and cannot be handled unless by special software (bearhtml or IERenderer) that captures and handles them.</p><p>So as Brian mentioned the only way to print would be to use a utility like Notsplit (mine) and then collect up all the individual files and zip them up. That would be a lot of work, and is just duplicating what is already in existence, namely Pegasus Mail folders. But remote images are not collected in folders, so that part of the message would be missing until opened by either Bearhtml or IERenderer..</p><p>If the images are what you want, you should start saving them as you receive the messages in a directory setup for holding them.</p><p> </p><p>HTH</p><p>Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft