Community Discussions and Support
Problem with window when moving message

great suggestion! thanks! I deleted the lines 

[SELFOL]

Wählen Sie einen Ordner RS=-524,204,493,690

in STATE.PMJ and now the window appears in the middle of the pmail window. 

<p>great suggestion! thanks! <span style="font-size: 10pt;">I deleted the lines </span></p><p> </p><p>[SELFOL]</p><p>Wählen Sie einen Ordner RS=-524,204,493,690</p><p> </p><p>in STATE.PMJ and now the window appears in the middle of the pmail window. </p>

I recently

moved from Win7 to Win10 when I got my new notebook and Pmail seemed to work

properly. But then I connected 2 external

screens to my notebook and moved the pmail window a few times between the

screens. I have aways done so for years. I have already noticed in the past that

in this case often some pmail sub-windows do not stay within the pmail window but are

"outside", i.e. on one of the other screens.

This

mainly refers to the move command. If I want to move a message to some folder,

I press „v“ (German „verschieben“ for „move message“) and the new window (with

the possible folders where the message should go) often opens on a different

screen (probably where the main pmail window had previously been). That was

o.k.

But

now I had experimented with 2 or 3 screens and changed the order oft he screens

a few times and now pmail is totally messed up. The new window (with the

possible folders where the message should be moved to) opens somewhere outside

the 1, 2 or 3 screens and cannot be seen. I have tried everything e.g. going back to 1 or

2 screens, changing the order of screens, rebooting the system, etc. Nothing helps.

The „move to“ windows always opens "somewhere" but cannot be seen on any oft he screens.

It

is clear that the window does open soemwhere, because if I enter the first few letters oft

he desired folder and press enter, the message goes to this folder correctly.

Can

anyone help here? How

do I get this „move to“ window back into the main pmail window (or anywhere on

one oft he screens)?

<p><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">I recently moved from Win7 to Win10 when I got my new notebook and Pmail seemed to work properly. </span><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;">But then I connected 2 external screens to my notebook and moved the pmail window a few times between the screens. I have aways done so for years. I have already noticed in the past that in this case often some pmail sub-windows do not stay within the pmail window but are "outside", i.e. on one of the other screens.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">This mainly refers to the move command. If I want to move a message to some folder, I press „v“ (German „verschieben“ for „move message“) and the new window (with the possible folders where the message should go) often opens on a different screen (probably where the main pmail window had previously been). That was o.k.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">But now I had experimented with 2 or 3 screens and changed the order oft he screens a few times and now pmail is totally messed up. The new window (with the possible folders where the message should be moved to) opens somewhere outside the 1, 2 or 3 screens and cannot be seen. I have tried everything e.g. going back to 1 or 2 screens, changing the order of screens, rebooting the system, etc. Nothing helps. The „move to“ windows always opens "somewhere" but cannot be seen on any oft he screens. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"> </span><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;">It is clear that the window does open soemwhere, because if I enter the first few letters oft he desired folder and press enter, the message goes to this folder </span><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px;">correctly</span><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;">.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">Can anyone help here? </span><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;">How do I get this „move to“ window back into the main pmail window (or anywhere on one oft he screens)?</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"> <o:p></o:p></span></p><p> </p><p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>

Sounds like the Pegasus 'move message' window has popped up behind another or different screen. Using the Control-Tab keys you should be able to cycle between the different application windows. Otherwise try the Alt-Space which should popup the Windows omve window dialog, tap 'M' to move via the cursor keys.

Sounds like the Pegasus 'move message' window has popped up behind another or different screen. Using the Control-Tab keys you should be able to cycle between the different application windows. Otherwise try the Alt-Space which should popup the Windows omve window dialog, tap 'M' to move via the cursor keys.

Never saw subwindows outside Pegasus desktop. Anyway ...

... normaly the problem is in STATE.PMJ - in section [General]. There are most coordinates vor Pegasus and it's subwindows. If you know about coordinates and which of them seem to be disrupted, you may correct. Else on closed Pegasus make a copy of STATE.PMJ, edit and delete all entries in that section or those you think are corrupted. Save and start Pegasus.

bye    Olaf

<p>Never saw subwindows outside Pegasus desktop. Anyway ...</p><p>... normaly the problem is in STATE.PMJ - in section [General]. There are most coordinates vor Pegasus and it's subwindows. If you know about coordinates and which of them seem to be disrupted, you may correct. Else on closed Pegasus make a copy of STATE.PMJ, edit and delete all entries in that section or those you think are corrupted. Save and start Pegasus.</p><p>bye    Olaf </p>

Thank you. But neither works.

CTL-Tab works only before I press "v" for "move". after I pressed it, CTL-Tab has no function anymore..

And alt-tab only switches between applications, not between subwindows of pmail. 

<p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Thank you. </span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">But neither works.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">CTL-Tab works only before I press "v" for "move". after I pressed it, </span><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">CTL-Tab has no function anymore..</span></p><p>And alt-tab only switches between applications, not between subwindows of pmail. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft