Community Discussions and Support
AW: bcc not working as expected

-i specifies the Pegasus Mail user

-id specifies the Pegasus Mail identity

In a multi-user system where users have multiple identities you can start Pegasus Mail as USER1 in identity ID1 by adding "-i USER1 -id ID1" to the command line.

<p>-i specifies the Pegasus Mail user</p><p>-id specifies the Pegasus Mail identity</p><p>In a multi-user system where users have multiple identities you can start Pegasus Mail as USER1 in identity ID1 by adding "-i USER1 -id ID1" to the command line. </p>

I have discovered that when I send emails with addresses in the "bcc" field, the recipients can see all of the other recipients. This is the same as if I put all recipients in the regular "to" field.

I have discovered that when I send emails with addresses in the "bcc" field, the recipients can see all of the other recipients. This is the same as if I put all recipients in the regular "to" field.

Larry Hess CPA | Albuquerque NM

Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Sending mail > Suppress BCC field listings in outgoing mail 

<p>Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Sending mail > Suppress BCC field listings in outgoing mail  </p>

[quote user="lhhesscpa"]I have discovered that when I send emails with addresses in the "bcc" field, the recipients can see all of the other recipients. This is the same as if I put all recipients in the regular "to" field.
[/quote]

I couldn't reproduce that here. I've sent a test message to 5 other mail accounts I have. All message arrived as expected and none of them showed any other BCCed addresses. I'm wondering if your mail provider may be playing dices with you.

<p>[quote user="lhhesscpa"]I have discovered that when I send emails with addresses in the "bcc" field, the recipients can see all of the other recipients. This is the same as if I put all recipients in the regular "to" field. [/quote]</p><p>I couldn't reproduce that here. I've sent a test message to 5 other mail accounts I have. All message arrived as expected and none of them showed any other BCCed addresses. I'm wondering if your mail provider may be playing dices with you. </p>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

I already have that box checked.

Pmail 4.73.639

Windows 10 1809 build 17763.557

<p>I already have that box checked.</p><p>Pmail 4.73.639 </p><p>Windows 10 1809 build 17763.557 </p>

That option is identity specific.  Might you be sending as an identity in which that option is not enabled?

<p>That option is identity specific.  Might you be sending as an identity in which that option is not enabled?</p><p> </p><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></div>

Interesting thought but my case. I have only one identity

Interesting thought but my case. I have only one identity

You could try using a Dlist when you want multiple people to receive your mail but not see the others address’s

You could try using a Dlist when you want multiple people to receive your mail but not see the others address’s

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]

Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Sending mail > Suppress BCC field listings in outgoing mail 

[/quote]

When using BCC, the standard recipient doesn't see the BCC addressee, but the BCC addressee can see the standard addressee AND his own BCC address in the mail header. This is the result when leaving the "Suppress BCC field" unchecked.

With checked "BCC suppress option" the BCC recipient can see only the standard address in the header but not its own address (BCC). But in any case the standard recipient doesn't see the BCC address.

Works fine with us here.

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]<p>Tools > Options > Outgoing mail > Sending mail > Suppress BCC field listings in outgoing mail  </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>When using BCC, the standard recipient doesn't see the BCC addressee, but the BCC addressee can see the standard addressee AND his own BCC address in the mail header. This is the result when leaving the "Suppress BCC field" unchecked.</p><p>With checked "BCC suppress option" the BCC recipient can see only the standard address in the header but not its own address (BCC). But in any case the standard recipient doesn't see the BCC address.</p><p>Works fine with us here. </p>

I think I have all solved my problem by creating a new identity. I would like to make it <Default> but can't seem to rename or delete the original <Default>

&lt;p&gt;I think I have all solved my problem by creating a new identity. I would like to make it &amp;lt;Default&amp;gt; but can&#039;t seem to rename or delete the original &amp;lt;Default&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;

I've never tried to remove the Default identity; I don't know if you can.  The work around is to start Pegasus Mail as a specific identity by using the -ID command line option.  For example, if your new identity is named "Larry" your command line might look like:

C:\Pmail\Programs\winpm-32.exe -A -MS -ID Larry

&lt;p&gt;I&#039;ve never tried to remove the Default identity; I don&#039;t know if you can.&amp;nbsp; The work around is to start Pegasus Mail as a specific identity by using the -ID command line option.&amp;nbsp; For example, if your new identity is named &quot;Larry&quot; your command line might look like: &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;C:\Pmail\Programs\winpm-32.exe -A -MS -ID Larry &lt;/p&gt;

Thanks for that suggestion. I've done it and I'm getting the bcc results I need.

Thanks for that suggestion. I&#039;ve done it and I&#039;m getting the bcc results I need.

There's also the "-i" option. Similar. I'm not entirely clear on the similarities and differences. I've just started using "-i", along with -a and -ms, to open multiple instances of Pmail on my screen, with each dedicated to just a single identity, each responsible for just one eddress.

Good info on command line options in the entry of that name in the main Pegasus help system, built-in with the application.

&lt;p&gt;There&#039;s also the &quot;-i&quot; option. Similar. I&#039;m not entirely clear on the similarities and differences. I&#039;ve just started using &quot;-i&quot;, along with -a and -ms, to open multiple instances of Pmail on my screen, with each dedicated to just a single identity, each responsible for just one eddress.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Good info on command line options in the entry of that name in the main Pegasus help system, built-in with the application. &lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft