Community Discussions and Support
Importing address book from Outlook

[quote user="Euler GERMAN"]I have to check, but I'm positive I have a copy. If this old piece of code would work on new Windows versions (64-bit?) is another story. Let me know if you need a copy of Dawn.[/quote]

After some googling I found the link http://dawnconverter.com/ but I found this one from MajorGeeks more trustworthy: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/dawn.html

Boris' site seems (shut)down.

<p>[quote user="Euler GERMAN"]I have to check, but I'm positive I have a copy. If this old piece of code would work on new Windows versions (64-bit?) is another story. Let me know if you need a copy of Dawn.[/quote]</p><p>After some googling I found the link http://dawnconverter.com/ but I found this one from MajorGeeks more trustworthy: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/dawn.html</p><p>Boris' site seems (shut)down. </p>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

Hello,

I would like to import address books in .csv format into Pegasus. The link to the program Dawn doens't work anymore and there haven't been any posts about this in years. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Many thanks,

Barbara

<p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p>I would like to import address books in .csv format into Pegasus. The link to the program Dawn doens't work anymore and there haven't been any posts about this in years. Does anyone have a suggestion?</p><p> </p><p>Many thanks,</p><p>Barbara </p>

[quote user="metargemet"]

I would like to import address books in .csv format into Pegasus.[/quote]

As stated on Pmail's Help, the first two entries of the tabbed-delimited file must be Name/Alias followed by the email address. All the rest is optional.

Anyway, you can use a spreadsheet to edit your Outlook output to provide more data to Pmail's Addressbook. The file structure (order) should be like this:

Name (alias){TAB}E-mail address{TAB}Key{TAB}Dept/Company{TAB}Phone{TAB}Fax{TAB}Street address{TAB}Post address{TAB}Notes{TAB}Picture

I don't have pictures on my address-books but I'm assuming it might be a BLOB. Better avoid it.

Don't forget that file separator is the TAB character, not comma or semicolon. If Outlook uses anything different, import file into a spreadsheet, edit and re-export it tab-delimited.

[quote user="metargemet"]The link to the program Dawn doens't work anymore and there haven't been any posts about this in years.[/quote]

I have to check, but I'm positive I have a copy. If this old piece of code would work on new Windows versions (64-bit?) is another story. Let me know if you need a copy of Dawn.

HTH

[quote user="metargemet"]<p>I would like to import address books in .csv format into Pegasus.[/quote]</p><p>As stated on Pmail's Help, the first two entries of the tabbed-delimited file must be Name/Alias followed by the email address. All the rest is optional.</p><p>Anyway, you can use a spreadsheet to edit your Outlook output to provide more data to Pmail's Addressbook. The file structure (order) should be like this:</p><p>Name (alias){TAB}E-mail address{TAB}Key{TAB}Dept/Company{TAB}Phone{TAB}Fax{TAB}Street address{TAB}Post address{TAB}Notes{TAB}Picture</p><p>I don't have pictures on my address-books but I'm assuming it might be a BLOB. Better avoid it.</p><p>Don't forget that file separator is the TAB character, not comma or semicolon. If Outlook uses anything different, import file into a spreadsheet, edit and re-export it tab-delimited. </p><p> [quote user="metargemet"]The link to the program Dawn doens't work anymore and there haven't been any posts about this in years.[/quote]</p><p>I have to check, but I'm positive I have a copy. If this old piece of code would work on new Windows versions (64-bit?) is another story. Let me know if you need a copy of Dawn.</p><p>HTH</p><p> </p>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft