Community Discussions and Support
newbe needs advice

Pegasus Mail is an email client as are products like Outlook &Thunderbird.  Email clients can retrieve mail (POP3) from servers like gmail and comcast or access mail (IMAP) on servers like gmail and comcast.  They also send mail (SMTP) using servers like gmail and comcast.  If you installed Pegasus Mail you'll find it's manual in the \Programs installation directory as manual.pdf.  Pegasus Mail also has help buttons throughout.  Both sources are excellent.

Pegasus Mail is an email client as are products like Outlook &Thunderbird.  Email clients can retrieve mail (POP3) from servers like gmail and comcast or access mail (IMAP) on servers like gmail and comcast.  They also send mail (SMTP) using servers like gmail and comcast.  If you installed Pegasus Mail you'll find it's manual in the \Programs installation directory as manual.pdf.  Pegasus Mail also has help buttons throughout.  Both sources are excellent.

I started playing around with Pegasus awhile ago. I got to the point where I thought in order to make a new account I needed to use my gmail acc. or a comcast acc.

Is it possible to set up without importing any other account data?  I can see where I need a POP or SMTP etc...

If I didn't want to use the gmail, comcast protocols where would I get them?

What I wanted was a new account with a new name@.pegasus.com.

I hope that made sense. Any tutorial / walk-through would be helpful. I did look at the help files but may have missed it.

Thanks in advance.

<p>I started playing around with Pegasus awhile ago. I got to the point where I thought in order to make a new account I needed to use my gmail acc. or a comcast acc.</p><p>Is it possible to set up without importing any other account data?  I can see where I need a POP or SMTP etc...</p><p>If I didn't want to use the gmail, comcast protocols where would I get them? </p><p> What I wanted was a new account with a new name@.pegasus.com.</p><p> I hope that made sense. Any tutorial / walk-through would be helpful. I did look at the help files but may have missed it.</p><p>Thanks in advance. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft