Community Discussions and Support
Unable to Send Email

SMTP is fundamental to email messaging and other data transporting across the Internet. I would suggest that there would be an uproar if anyone suggested this. Who other than this company would be

promoting this ? I would be very suspicious of their motives, as there is already encryption and authentication being implemented by mayor ISP services, that rely on the basic transport protocol such as SMTP and IMAP.

Martin

<p>SMTP is fundamental to email messaging and other data transporting across the Internet. I would suggest that there would be an uproar if anyone suggested this. Who other than this company would be </p><p>promoting this ? I would be very suspicious of their motives, as there is already encryption and authentication being implemented by mayor ISP services, that rely on the basic transport protocol such as SMTP and IMAP. </p><p>Martin </p>

I can receive email but cannot send it.  I have reset my network configuration numerous times, with and without the wizard.  I have two laptops, one sends and receives email with this configuration:  Receiving (Pop) is pop.mindspring.com    Sending (SMTP) is smtpauth.earthlink.net       I have replicated these Network Configurations on the second laptop but still cannot send mail.   If anyone who could help to resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated.    

<p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I can receive email but cannot send it.  </span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I have reset my network configuration numerous times, with and without the wizard.  I have two laptops, one sends and receives email with this configuration:  </span><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">Receiving (Pop) is pop.mindspring.com    Sending (SMTP) is smtpauth.earthlink.net      </span><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I have replicated these Network Configurations</span><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> on the second laptop but still cannot send mail.   If anyone who could help to resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated.    </span></p>

Outgoing Mail Server:smtpauth.earthlink.net; Outgoing Port Number: 587  Just an observation:  The name SmtpAuth suggests that it may be implementing Auth for password process?  No mention on their website of the real requirements for SSL settings for connecting. Or maybe they are using the POP3 password or auth'ing the Smtp login ?

Martin

<p><span style="color: rgb(84, 84, 84); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; display: inline !important; float: none;">Outgoing Mail Server:</span><em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; color: rgb(106, 106, 106); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;">smtpauth</em><span style="color: rgb(84, 84, 84); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; display: inline !important; float: none;">.</span><em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; color: rgb(106, 106, 106); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;">earthlink</em><span style="color: rgb(84, 84, 84); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; display: inline !important; float: none;">.</span><em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; color: rgb(106, 106, 106); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;">net</em><span style="color: rgb(84, 84, 84); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; display: inline !important; float: none;">; Outgoing Port Number: 587  Just an observation:  The name SmtpAuth suggests that it may be implementing Auth for password process?  No mention on their website of the real requirements for SSL settings for connecting. Or maybe they are using the POP3 password or auth'ing the Smtp login ?</span></p><p>Martin </p><p> </p>

Has an internet session log been created?  This can be helpful in showing the point of failure.  Don't post the entire content of the log because they contain credentials either in plain text or encoded form that is easily decoded.

If you haven't, verify that timeout settings are the same on both machines.  There are two.  One is it the General tab of the Internet Mail Options configuration window.  The other is in the SMTP host configuration.

Finally. POP3 and SMTP host configuration files are stored in in the home mailbox directory as .PND files (eg: SMT?????.PND).  You could try copying the one from the good machine to the bad machine (do with Pegasus Mail closed).  You would then need to select the new one as the sending SMTP host so you might want to rename the current one so you can tell them apart from within Pegasus Mail.  The .PND files are plain text files so if you have multiple you can view their content with a text editor to determine which file belongs to which connection.

<p>Has an internet session log been created?  This can be helpful in showing the point of failure.  Don't post the entire content of the log because they contain credentials either in plain text or encoded form that is easily decoded.</p><p>If you haven't, verify that timeout settings are the same on both machines.  There are two.  One is it the General tab of the Internet Mail Options configuration window.  The other is in the SMTP host configuration. </p><p>Finally. POP3 and SMTP host configuration files are stored in in the home mailbox directory as .PND files (eg: SMT?????.PND).  You could try copying the one from the good machine to the bad machine (do with Pegasus Mail closed).  You would then need to select the new one as the sending SMTP host so you might want to rename the current one so you can tell them apart from within Pegasus Mail.  The .PND files are plain text files so if you have multiple you can view their content with a text editor to determine which file belongs to which connection. </p>

Many ISPs are depreciating (or abandoning) their SMPT servers.

I suggest that you use www.SMTP2GO.com for sending emails.

(Free service for up to 25 emails per hour)

You can login to their website and check that email has been "Delivered".

Reports > Activity

This is more than a suggestion - it's a 100% solution to your outgoing emailing problems.

<p>Many ISPs are depreciating (or abandoning) their SMPT servers.</p><p>I suggest that you use <a target="_blank" mce_href="http://www.SMTP2GO.com" href="http://www.SMTP2GO.com">www.SMTP2GO.com</a> for sending emails.</p><p><i>(Free service for up to 25 emails per hour) </i></p><p>You can login to their website and check that email has been "Delivered".</p><div><font size="4">Reports > Activity</font></div><div> </div><p><u>This is more than a suggestion - it's a 100% solution to your outgoing emailing problems.</u> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft