Community Discussions and Support
What the heck is the .$m$ extension?

I found this "definition" which only partly describes the

filetype purpose. It sounds like someone tried to run an app copying

Pegasus Mail email messages. Sounds like bad news ????

An M

file is a class implementation file used by programs written in

Objective-C. It begins with the @implementation directive and

initializes variables and .

Martin
<div style="">I found this "definition" which only partly describes the filetype purpose. It sounds like someone tried to run an app copying Pegasus Mail email messages. Sounds like bad news ????</div><div style=""><br style=""></div><div style=""><span class="st" style="">An <em style="">M</em> file is a class implementation file used by programs written in Objective-C. It begins with the @implementation directive and initializes variables and .</span>.....</div><div style=""><br style=""></div>Martin

Hi All,

I was helping a user delete an undeletable message and saw a number of files with the extension .$M$ in his mailbox directory.  This is a new extension to me and I don't find it in  any Hans' guides.  The file content looks like a .CNM file.  The date stamp range is from 3 months ago to 3 years ago.  Can anyone explain what these are and/or how they come to be?

Brian Fluet

<p>Hi All,</p><p>I was helping a user delete an undeletable message and saw a number of files with the extension .$M$ in his mailbox directory.  This is a new extension to me and I don't find it in  any Hans' guides.  The file content looks like a .CNM file.  The date stamp range is from 3 months ago to 3 years ago.  Can anyone explain what these are and/or how they come to be?</p><p>Brian Fluet </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft